Buy or rent own office meeting room
Logo3 small

每个创业者在草创公司时,总会遇到这问题:“要在哪儿驻扎来设总部?”,这可真不是一件易事。

开始做生意时,往往都需要办公室,这时您有两项选择:要么租赁,要么自己买下来。这些决定都是一个重大的财务投资,而且各有利与弊。

如果您还未决定好,那您该问问自己:

您是否要付一大笔首期或租金?如果您觉得自置产业,掏出您创业资金的一大笔钱来办会比较让您心安,那答案就不言而喻了。不然您就得选择租办公室了,记住,即使是置产,您每月也是要供期的,但是与其将钱付给他人,其实您是在投资着资产。

您的公司在未来五年会搬迁吗?许多新创公司极可能会扩展业务,这意味着他们需聘请更多员工与工作空间。而您不得不另觅他处来搬迁。不过,如果您打算既使收入大增也照样要像草创初期时般精兵简政、人手精简,那么您最好是付租金来租赁了。

办公室地点对您的生意重要吗?或许对一些生意来说,在闹市或旺区租办公室乍看并非太可行,因为每月高开支,对生意草创初期也是一种沉重的负担。即使您有的是钱来付租金上期,但也需考虑到其他相对重要的开支,例如装修、水电升级、家俱、办公室器材等。

保养与时间。自置办公室,意味着是需要保养。除非您另聘清洁工或维修人员,保养是非亲手做不可的,但另请其实是耗钱又耗时间的。但话说回头,现在租赁办公室时通常在租约里有包括清洁服务的,这可能为您省时省钱。

除了以上的问题,以下就是置产与租赁办公室的利与弊:

自购办公室的好处

每月定期供款。您每月需定期定额供贷款,最后成为这产业的业主,在增值后可考虑是否要脱售,或是另外租出去(长期而言这将有额外收入,而且有需要时,又可以再按揭融资)。

扣税。自置办公室方面的有关费用(如:房贷利息、产业税及其他项目等)可贡献于税收减免。

自由。身为业主,若有需要您可以大翻修自家的产业,这种自由度平时或会不自觉,然而当您发觉您需要多增一个厕所,或需敲碎一道墙来腾出更多空间时,您不得不与业主商讨申请批准。

自购办公室的坏处

● 地点。您或许梦寐以求在闹市旺区可轻而易举地触手可及任何事物,例如走路就可以到城中最大的购物广场,但您可能得豪砸您创业资金里的一半资金来付租金上期,又或许您还需要多付贵得离谱的停车位月费。

不可知的预算。您得到贷款,最终也买下了您的办公室,恭喜恭喜!但您下个月就得搬迁,而您找不到下一位租客,更遑论新业主。但您还是得在每月供期,直至您找到有下位愿意出手购买的业主。

保养费不间断。在半年后您找到了合适的租户,但两个月后水管爆裂,引发一连串的问题,而您又发觉租户已拖欠两个月租金,这时您也别无他选只有去处理。

与租户闹争执。您的租户拒付租金、搬离或无限期死赖不走。可是在大马,只有1951年不动产扣押法令、1950年具体救济法下的逼迁令寥寥数项措施可派用上场。而您必须申请庭令才能夺回产业,然则这过程耗时烧钱。

其实一切胥视情势所需及生意未来的计划,买下意属的办公室对某些人来说可能是吃不消,但如果您愿意花钱与花些精力,运用智慧避过一些风险,在黄金地带自己拥有一间办公室是可以获得不错的回酬。我们预见大马在未来10年内这趋势会渐成大势,因为大马多区的物业价值都呈上升趋势。

另一方面,如果能好好筹划未来,租赁办公室也有不少好处,好处如下:

租办公室的好处

享有更多金钱。如果您花在办公室的开支少些,就可用在其他对生意更有用的开支,例如聘请员工,或是投入更多资金来创业。

享有更多时间。不是业主,就可以省下许多烦恼及解决这些头痛问题的时间,反之可将时间用来应对生意。

地点。不用挖空钱包就可以找到理想的营业地点,与其向银行借一大笔钱来置业,不如先付一笔钱来作租金两个月上期,对生意长期而言当然是更划算。

租办公室的坏处

需与业主交涉。如果业主忽然打算调涨租金,而您又无法负担,那您就得准备搬迁。

或错失生财工具。如果一开始就买下这产业,您可能就可视之为生财工具,在脱手出售或租出去时可以赚一笔。反之,若5年后您因付不起调涨的租金而被逼搬离,您也就只能坑下这现实。

结论

一切最终是胥视何者为重。其实不论是买或租办公室,并没有一刀切的答案,但您在下决定时必须前瞻,考虑所有的选项,您可谘询行家意见,聆听所有意见。若您有与时并进跟进房地产动态,也可以省下许多时间与金钱的。

要租或买办公室?在此发送您的需求,让我们帮您搜寻最符合标准的单位!

(Translated by: Wayne Chan, 9th June 2017)

SHARE THIS TOPIC

7f20ee43 5888 47ec 875b 4ceba1848bae 1502 000007fec48ef1a3 small

I prefer rent:)

Own dp small

For office spaces if I own or to be starting up a business, would prefer renting it, as I have a flexibility in terms of cash flow and I won't be lock in the same place if the owner tried to be funny. Free and easy to get an office space out there with great amenities and many more.

Signature 28 logo  custom  small

@JohnL 

Yes, agree that some owners will raise their rental unreasonably once they see the tenant have settled down and business is thriving. 

Nothing the tenants can do about it really, but to continually maintain a good relationship with the owner. 

Img 5409 small

Nice articles to share. Rent is always good option for new startup business and flexi to move. 

@6011_3531_5354 

Business nowadays does mean you need to set up a physical office... e-commerce.

That is why so many young entrepreneurs opt for SOHO units; it is your residence and office space.

Img 5409 small

no issue as long as u can effort to buy one :)

James bond craig junio2006 small

It depends on whether the business owner can afford or not and whether they need that space or not (since more start ups are quite small, only few people in the company). If the business owner can afford it and need that space, then I would prefer to buy. If there's only 2 - 3 people in the small start up, then perhaps can share office or rent small SoHo instead.

@6011_3531_5354 

Easy to buy, difficult to sell, even more difficult to sell with profits... so even can afford, not always the best option.

S  f1c40f small

if you and partners just started up the business, best to rent. Simply because your partners and you yet to go through the learning curve of being enteprenuers, trust issues, ups and downs, may got sale yet no cash around, many yet to discover the ability to working together as a team. Therefore, should the business falls apart, everyone is easy to end or abort the tenancy contract as compared to dispose property asset.

@Sharifah_MJ 

Yes, it is prudent to consider worst case and best case scenario... Always have contingencies in place for the unexpected.

S  f1c40f small

when your business is growing and have good cashflow, then it is best to buy.  Best to buy near LRT nowdays so that extra convenient for everyone. 

Photo  26  small

When you start up a business whether big or small, I think it is prudent to rent a premises first to generate enough cash flow and profits. Once you have a good balance sheet and you can afford to purchase an office after a few years it is wise to own the office as an asset. This is more so if your business had expanded and renting large office or business spaces and constantly having to deal with increasing rentals every few years by the Landlord. You may also purchase the property on your private capacity or form a holding company to own the asset to lease it to your business on more a more consistent rental terms. This way the business can still move on and relocate without having to manage the real estate and subsequent tenants.        

Img thing small

@davidwong Couldn't agree with you more. It's true, I think should rent first until cash flow is stable.

@veron 

Cash is always king. Moreover when you want to expand your business initially. 

65648440 2406793556070448 9165628430648082432 o small

@admin_ps good sharing