若不幸失火,阁下与家人应知悉逃生路径,并设定一个汇合点,以免事发时才慌张逃生。

额外贴士:打印逃生路径图 ,让长者幼童可容易明白。

除了灭火器以外,其他相当方便的逃生工具包括电筒、消防面罩,甚至是螺丝起子。电筒在手,即可照明来逃生。

消防面罩的使用说明应熟读清楚,并教导家庭成员如何正确使用,因这面罩可在您逃生时保持呼吸,而且在使用时应沉稳地呼吸,否则愈是慌张就愈会易于混浊,以致无法使用。

在房里收好十字螺丝起子或是一字槽螺丝起子、锤子、小刀、消防贴纸及剪刀。

如果您被困时,螺丝起子可派用上场,如果您的家是安装固定窗花,而无法伸头到外解锁,可用螺丝起子来解锁,而剪刀小刀等可用来切断任何羁绊。

如果窗户紧关而无法打开,用铁锤或尖物敲击击破,记得用毛巾包裹手掌以免被割伤,另外用毛巾或床单来包覆碎裂的窗户后才爬出。

失火时,怎么办?

如果您看到火苗时,情况还未失控,马上使用灭火器。若是电器着火,避免用水来灭火。不过若是您当时任何工具也没有,记得最简单的原则:“小火快逃,浓烟关门”,一如台湾消防员蔡宗翰所给的劝告,可以观看以下的片段(附英文字幕)了解详情:

以下有几种情况是需要以不同的逃命方法应付,详解如下。

状况一:厨房失火

如果是在烹调时灶头起火,

i. 马上用盖盖住镬子等来焗住烟,这可以切断火源的氧气供应

ii. 截断煤气管

iii. 千万别用水去灭火,高温油碰到水时会爆炸,请看这里

iv. 如果火灾情况失控,马上携眷逃出屋外

v. 致电999

状况二:有地住宅失火

如果您是住在有地住宅,请按以下步骤:

i. 如果您是在睡房里,不要先打开门

ii. 查看火烟是否从门底缝侵入

iii. 用手背去伸摸门柄

iv. 如果门柄不是太热,慢慢地打开门

v. 如果火烟还不是太浓,急速通知家里所有人

vi. 按照逃生路径逃离到屋外,协助长子与孩童

vii. 如果已起浓烟,伏下爬行

viii.别再携带其他物品,最重要是有锁匙在手可以解锁

ix. 逃出屋外后马上拨电999

备注:
- 为安全起见,教导小孩看到火烟时,就逃离屋外,而且教导他们,若已逃离危险区,要通知邻居等其他成人。
- 如果您看到门底缝已有火烟袭进,不要打开门,至少可以阻隔火烟。

状况三:家已起火但您困在房里

不论案发时您是住在高楼或是有地住宅,困在房时应如此做:

i. 如果门或门柄太过烫热,而大量浓烟从门缝袭入,不要开门。

ii. 用衣物、被子、毛巾等封住门缝,以防火烟攻入

iii. 马上致电999

iv. 如果是有地住宅而可以打开窗花,爬出屋外向邻居呼救

v. 如果无路可逃,俯身伏下,等待救援

vi. 弄湿衣物、慢慢地呼吸,这只是暂时的应急方法,但无法完全阻隔吸入毒气

vii. 等待消拯员时,保持警惕而小心聆听是否有消拯人员在寻找您

viii. 如果您呼救不果而消拯员没听见,用硬物敲打地板、家俱等制造声响

备注:别锁门,让消拯员可以救您

状况四:高楼失火

不论是公寓、共管公寓、酒店,甚至是办公楼,在失火时可考虑这样做

i. 如果您所处的高楼失火,而火源处非来自您的单位,首先要先知道失火位置

ii. 往窗外或在阳台看是否有火烟冒出

iii.如果是比您所在处更高的楼层失火,开始逃离建筑物

iv. 再次看看您所在的单位/房间及办公楼,门缝底下是否有冒烟

v. 在开门时先鉴定温度

vi. 往外望

vii. 如果没见火烟,或火烟乍看不浓,可用楼梯逃生

viii. 记得关上您所在的单位/房间与办公室的门

ix. 如果有火烟,爬行逃生,吁求其他人也如此做

x. 如果楼梯间有门,查看火烟及感受下门的温度有多高

xi. 如果逃离火场的门感应到温度不高、也没有火烟,开门、低头逃离

xii. 逃离建筑物外,拨电999

备注:如果防火门感应到是高温的,不要开门,看看是否还有其他楼梯,若不,马上回到原处的单位/房间/办公室(参考状况五)

状况五:在高楼困在单位/房间/办公室

如果您发觉您只能困守在您的单位/房间/办公室,按照以下步骤行事:

i. 一如状况三,阻隔门底缝以挡火烟袭入

ii. 如果窗外及阳台外没有火烟,开窗或走去阳台呼救

iii. 如果窗外或阳台也见到火烟,不要打开,反之关锁起来

iv. 拨电999

v. 伏地等待救援

vi. 制造声响吸引他们的注意力

备注:通知消拯人员您所在的楼层、单位及房间号码,以协助他们更容易找到您,为了让救援工作更容易,记得打开锁头、门户不上锁等。

别忘记!

1. 防患于未然,以免任何不测
2. 防火知识应常记于心,防火工具也常候命
3. 家居失火时,许多人是因浓烟呛鼻而丧命,而非被烧死
4. 失火时记得要爬行,保持身体低姿态
5. 在地面时,安稳地呼吸
6. 如果衣物着火,记得马上停步、倒地、在地面翻转灭火

当然我们希望您不会遇到以上这种情形而需采取如此的步骤,但一旦失火时知道如何做最好。更重要的是要杜渐防微,读了这篇文后希望您长知识,保护家居家安是至重要。

觉得这文章很有帮助?转发给您关心的人士!而您是否有遇过失火情况?可在以下的留言栏与我们分享您的经验及任何防火措施!

(Translated by Wayne Chan, 20th April 2017)

SHARE THIS TOPIC

Aceakl m jamil ali small

always remember our family safety first before we do renovation for our home

Signature 28 logo  custom  small

Yeah, it is also prudent to have an electrician check on your aged electrical wiring once every 10 years.

In my opinion, if your house has an alarm installed... just activate the ALARM if you still can, at least it will attract attention (especially when everyone in the neighborhood is sleeping)... I know some higher end system can help you call the fire brigade/police/ambulance in case of emergencies...

Screen shot 2016 01 21 at 8.27.17 pm small

Just wondering how many of us actually have fire prevention tools like smoke detection alarm, fire distinguishers etc at home? 

Many of us also have fully grilled windows (without openings) at home, well at least my house does, if fire starts downstairs, Im sure dead.

Yes, the contractor who installed your grille should have asked if you would like to install window grilles with padlocks. Not too late to change if not done, better be safe than sorry later. 

Img 5409 small

good sharing. important knowledge for everyone. 

@6011_3531_5354

Yes, and it is prudent to always make sure the keys are hung nearby the fire emergency route. And make sure your room guests know where it is as well. :^)

Own dp small

Yea, it is best to keep the fire extinguiser at an appropriate place and placed smoke alarm between kitchen and living room area.

@JohnL 

Install and maintain regularly... when we need it MOST, it HAS to be functioning...

Pic small

always have screw driver and tool set in your bedroom (well there are cases whereby your door knob is locked and you might need to use it) 

and not to mentioned have fire extinguisher (1l can) foam or abc type in room and big one in living hall / kitchen (9kg) 

and have your fire extinguisher service regularly.

i always keep small can in the room (well better than nothing) as it is so cheap to own one nowadays. ... 9kg for 100 plus ringgit and 1l can is less than 15 bucks 

@imronaldsoo 

I wonder what type of fire can the 15 bucks a can fire extinguisher put out?

James bond craig junio2006 small

I think nowadays with all these news and people being more educated about fire hazard, more and more people have fire extinguisher at home. I have a few at home too. And something not many people realise it's importance too, which is the key to your pad lock to your grill, should always be within your reach. Just in case you need to climb out of your window.

@james_bob 

Maybe to conduct fire drill exercises at home too. Haha. 

Kate chew small

There's an incident recently that happened in USJ 2 sometime ago and it came out in the papers. Usually people died from the fire, it's usually from the great amount of smoke that they inhale and faint. 

I have attended a Fire Safety and Prevention Awareness Seminar... they recommend the use of a Smoke Hood which can save your life even in thick smoke caused by fire...

Only downside, the price is very STEEP for one of these. BTW, it is non-reusable.

Img 7606 small

1 very simple golden rule is to nail a hook near the window of every bedroom & hang the padlock key there. Strap a cute keychain to each key to make it noticeable.

The 2nd golden rule will be to have your immediate neighbours telephone nos  in your phone; advisable to label it as 'neighbour 1, neighbour 2; something easy to remember in times of panic. 'Look out for each others house' as the saying goes.

Interactions with immediate neighbour. Something city folks often neglect in their busy lives. 

Img thing small

Come to think of it, this is like a wake up call. My window grill is locked and I have no idea where they keys are!!! Didn't realised it's importance until this.

@veron 

Even if you know where your keys are located... It is prudent to try and unlock with the keys occasionally... Just to make sure it WILL work during emergencies.

Photo  26  small

Fire safety awareness in our country is very low as it has been taken fro granted. American companies, schools and embassy usually request us to provide fire safety equipment  in the homes for their staff stay.    

@davidwong 

Good that they take good care of their staff by providing fire safety equipment... brace them in the event of a fire.

@domng Not only its not reusable, it has an effective life span as well, which means need to get it replaced after a certain period.

@Zara 

Does fire extinguishers have lifespan? I thought if the pressure is periodically checked, it will be ok to use.

Photo  26  small

Good question! I found this from google search. 

Most extinguishers last between five and 15 years, according to manufacturers. Check the tag on your extinguisher for dates and manufacturer's instructions. A fire extinguisher with a gauge should be checked every month to make sure it is properly charged. 

I am also learning. Cheers!  

@domng I think got lah, my office one not only does the pressure fell to 0, the pin also quite tough to pull off, so I reckon yes they do have a lifespan, no matter how much you service it.

@Zara 

Suggest you highlight this to your safety officer or your boss. You might need to use the fire extinguisher one day. 

Img thing small

@domng I guess many people overlook this. Like the saying goes 'you won't know you need it until it happens'.

@veron 

You won't miss something or someone until they are really gone! Then you wish you have appreciated them more. 

65648440 2406793556070448 9165628430648082432 o small

@admin_ps good sharing