Jonathan de ho half body small

PETALING JAYA: Once it opens in July, the second phase of the Sg Buloh-Kajang (SBK) MRT, also known as Line 1, will be linked to KL Sentral, Klang Valley’s main transit hub.

This will allow some estimated 1.2 million people living along that corridor to be served by urban rail, with the SBK line alone expected to serve some 400,000 passengers daily.

Currently, phase 1 of the line, from Sungai Buloh to Semantan, is only integrated with the KTM Komuter station at Sungai Buloh.

From Semantan, dedicated MRT shuttle buses currently bridge the gap for those wishing to transit to and from KL Sentral.

When phase 2 is open, MRT passengers can interchange easily with Kelana Jaya LRT, the Express Rail Link (ERL), the monorail and KTM Komuter by using a linkway from Muzium Negara.

Commuters can also interchange with the Kelana Jaya LRT at the Pasar Seni station, the Sri Petaling LRT at both the Merdeka and Maluri stations, the monorail at the Bukit Bintang station, and with KTM at the Kajang station.

The first phase of Line 1, which was launched on Dec 16, links 12 stations from Sungai Buloh to Semantan. It was reported that some 1.8 million passengers have since used that line.

Rapid Rail Sdn Bhd chief executive officer Datuk Zohari Sulaiman said trial operations for the trains to go beyond the Semantan station started on May 1. There are five stages to the testing.

“We are currently on Stage 1 of testing where the trains will proceed until Maluri station before turning back to Sungai Buloh until tomorrow.

“Stage 2 will be from Tuesday until the end of the month, which will see the trains proceeding up to Taman Mutiara station,” he said, adding that the last and fifth stage will see trains running from Sg Buloh to Kajang in fully automatic mode.

Read more at http://www.thestar.com.my/news/nation/2017/05/14/mrt-line-linking-to-kl-sentral-in-july/#UkiDTd23GC8vET77.99  
Read more at http://www.thestar.com.my/news/nation/2017/05/14/mrt-line-linking-to-kl-sentral-in-july/#UkiDTd23GC8vET77.99  

SHARE THIS TOPIC

Signature 28 logo  custom  small

@jdh 

Good news for those living close to MRT stations, may not need to drive to work anymore.

The Muzium Negara MRT station is linked to KL Sentral by a 600 meter pedestrian walkway... got this information from Wikipedia...

It does not appear to be a walking distance to me... more than 20 minutes walk i reckon.

65648440 2406793556070448 9165628430648082432 o small

@jdh thanks for sharing