K  2c3e50 small

These days, new developments keep touting themselves as integrated this integrated that. Notwithstanding the questionable success rate of the ever increasing malls being built, I could not find any statistic that reflected the price premium these integrated developments command. To me, integrated means a mix of a good sized mall ( by established manager and not first time developer or contractor turned developer etc ), good supply of quality office space, nice residences, transport connection. Where possible, a hotel too. Better ones these days throw in a sustainability component as well, to be more relevant, by having a park nearby. Has anyone done any study or is aware of anecdotal evidence of the price premiums of integrated projects?

Ones that come to mind : Sunway Velocity, KL Sentral, Tropicana Gardens, BBCC. Feel free to add onto this list....

SHARE THIS TOPIC

Signature 28 logo  custom  small

@kevlos 

Their selling point is usually self sustainable. Which means they have everything you would ever need without leaving the neighbourhood. Hospital, Bank, School, Shopping Mall and Commercial area. 

Good if you do not own a car to drive around. 

K  2c3e50 small

@domng, agreed on the selling point. I am just unsure what price premium is justified for this element of self sustainability. Is it a 10% premium over neighbouring project? 20%? 30%? Already the big developers ( Sime Darby, Sunway, SP Setia, Ecoworld etc ) price themselves at least 15% more than their surroundings purely due to their branding. How much more should the integrated project type command in terms of premium? 

Signature 28 logo  custom  small

@kevlos 

I can only feel that they sell at future prices, since the trend is still going up for the long term. That is why developers like SP Setia have S.E.A.L schemes. Which stand for

Setia Express Advance Loan.

65648440 2406793556070448 9165628430648082432 o small

@kevlos thanks for sharing