Img 2762 small

what you think about home staging? Is there a need to stage a home before renting or selling in this tough and competitive property market?

SHARE THIS TOPIC

Own dp small

Sorry, mind explaining more about Home Staging? I don't really get it.

Signature 28 logo  custom  small

@kellytyc 

Do you mean to renovate and make the home stand out among the crowd?

Img 2762 small

Home staging is actually a process to stage your home with nice furnishings and decorations in preparation to sell/rent. There are many home staging companies overseas where they provide this kind of services. The furnishing and decorations will be removed after your house is sold. So basically it is like renting those decorations for short term say 3 months. 

11567082021883853729 small

she is saying home staging basically selling concept and lifestyle for short term stay. in addition, it is able to boost up your rental income with small renovation investment to make it outstanding than others. 

Img 2762 small

I think it depends on the demographic of your targeted tenants. The right staging will help to entice, esp expats for example. 

However, if the demographic is low to average income tenants, might not be necessary. 

Just my 2 cents.

@kellytyc 

Those developer show units that we see at property launches. Can I say they engage staging companies? Or are they just interior designer firms?

Img 2762 small

@domng Developer usually engage interior designer firms as the work includes renovations and interior design for show unit. However, individual house owners may not want to re-renovate the whole house before selling it. Therefore home stagers come into the picture. Sadly there are not many home stagers available in Malaysia. 

@kellytyc 

The current property market is probably not ready for home staging now. 

Many of us still don't see the value add in doing so. 

Img 5409 small

min and common reno which can bring up the property value will be good enough.

@6011_3531_5354 

Yes, agree with you about min and common reno. The bare necessities.

However, the opposite applies to commercial unit where the owner does not have to do any pre-rental renovation to attract potential tenants...

65648440 2406793556070448 9165628430648082432 o small

@kellytyc good sharing