Kelanajaya

I have been living away from Malaysia for many years now, therefore not very familiar with some location in PJ & KL. Which is a good location to raise a family? Preferably a safe location, close to school, quiet and no traffic problem.

Previously I have dealt with many unreliable agent with bad service from other websites before and now a bit scared to deal with agents. Please advice.

SHARE THIS TOPIC

061  img 5963 small

I personally think Subang Jaya, Bandar Utama, Damansara, Ara Damansara, Kelana Jaya and Kota Kemuning is a good place for families to live in. If you have higher budget maybe can consider Mont Kiara and Hartamas too.

As for property agent who specializes in Kelana Jaya, I don't know anyone. But if you are specifically looking to stay in Kelana Jaya, I think Sterling Condo is amazing. It's quite nice but price roughly about RM700k - 850k. Lower range would be Kelana D'Putra Condo. Exterior looks very 'low cost' but apparently interior quite good.

Wernloong small

I agree with Magdelin as well. Some of these places are strategically located with many highway exits such as ldp, nkve etc. They are also surrounded by schools, shopping mall, hospitals etc. But you may try searching all this using the search engine at the home page, i tried it out and personally feel amazed by the results.

Nichthinkof30 small

ya, you can try to search some locations in PropSocial, as they are come with their editor review and informations ! but too bad, some locations that not that popular, their review haven't up yet...:(

Thanks to Magdelin replied.
Besides the Sterling and Kelana D'Putra, any other properties are recommended?

And I know that nearby the Paradigm mall got some constructed, got any residential properties?

10885352 10152605477307887 5002256047665298977 n small

Maybe you could try your luck for SS24,SS25,SS26 area.There are many landed property(if you are willing to spend some $ for renovation) or small apartments around

I have been staying in this area for almost 10 years. So far never facing too bad traffic problem.

Walking distance to primary school,secondary school, food court (Oasis or MingTien), Lincoln College, Kelana LRT station and shuttle bus hub to OneU,The Curve, Sunway, Paradigm Mall, Tropicana Mall and etc.

Driving wise, traffic not that bad, you can easily access to LDP,Sprint,NKVE.

Thanks to Alex useful info. I will take a look at those landed property and small apartment around(I have never thought that before).
Is the area traffic ok during the peak hour?

10885352 10152605477307887 5002256047665298977 n small

Manage to reach Mont Kiara/Kelana Jaya in less than 20 mins around 8am-9am and 6pm-7pm

Consider it is the peak hour duration

However for destinations with LRT accessible such as Bangsar South /KLCC, usually I rather take LRT by walking to the station. Save money save time.

Plenty of food available around (halal/non halal), most importantly walking distance.

061  img 5963 small

Yes, I agree with Alex. The traffic in Kelana Jaya is still bearable compared to many other places. Try Phileo Damansara area (The Star office blocks), literally a standstill for 30 mins and when it's raining, 1.5 hours! No kidding! And I'm sure some other places too.

As for food in Kelana Jaya area, apart from the chinese coffee shops behind Giant, I think there's nothing much to eat around there, unless you go to Paradigm mall. I work around Kelana Square, so getting lunch was a pain, we have to drive further for it.

Kate chew small

Kelana Jaya is very near to Subang Jaya. Approximately 10 - 15 mins by car. There's quite a number of landed properties available in Subang Jaya area. It's a good location to start a family. If you are interested, please do let me know.

13615 10153703410373712 1093131854153132234 n small

@Achilles If you want to find good agents, try call up the first 10 agents advertisement on Propwall and have a friendly chat. Ask advice and see their responses. Most agents will have you fall into the common trap of only recommending to you what they know and have. You want to find the ones who recommend to you beyond what they have, but within what they know. All the best.