0002 small

Recently I have approached one owner to rent out his unit, the prospect has viewed the house. Owner wants to prepare the tenancy agreement by his own and ask for 1k tenancy agreement fee. He doesn't want to deal with my property agency and request to meet up again with the tenant to collect cash in full, owner claim he will pay commission after few days when tenancy agreement has been signed. Owner speaks with high authority. In this scenario, what would you do? 

SHARE THIS TOPIC

Signature 28 logo  custom  small

@knyap 

Maybe the owner does not want to pay the GST on the commission? That is why he does not want to deal with your agency.

Img 3301 small

@knyap the signs are there. It is so obvious that he has no intention to pay you. Any owners were to say this to me I rather not do the deal then to get nothing out of it.

Me small

@renachang In fact undertaking letter carry too much weight, more like an overkill, as it is enforceable in the court, only that the cost for legal proceeding might be higher than the damages awarded by the judge. The effect of signing it is to give the warning to owner that he must honour the commission otherwise he can be sued in court and almost for sure he will lose the case.

65648440 2406793556070448 9165628430648082432 o small

@knyap good sharing