Jonathan de ho half body small

With Airbnb is swarming into malaysia property market, do you think property with HDA will restrict airbnb business anytime sooner like in oversea. Those condo, service apartment, apartment will not allow Airbnb business anymore? Is it more viable to invest in those commercial title for airbnb business?

SHARE THIS TOPIC

I  8e44ad small

Malaysia generate a lot of income from Airbnb. I suppose airbnb will be around for quite some time.

Signature 28 logo  custom  small

@idawidyani_moha 

Yes agree with you.

If managed properly, owners can generate a lot more income than renting long term.

James bond craig junio2006 small

I think Airbnb units are still very much in demand all over the world.... and even supply. Even countries like Singapore which apparently they said they ban, but it's still ongoing. People are still doing it. I think Malaysia would be harder to control. Plus, what's the disadvantage of having property turning into an Airbnb unit?

Own dp small

I don't think AirBnb in Malaysia will be banned or so for some time as they are many expats / tourist which know about this existance and need not promote much. Just simply provide the relevant information and pictures to get it booked.

Signature 28 logo  custom  small

Just like Uber and Grab... some people thought they will be banned in Malaysia... but with the right mindset and looking at the overall gain from those services, Malaysians are now embracing it with open arms.  

65648440 2406793556070448 9165628430648082432 o small

@jdh good sharing

20150527 023646 1 small

Some condo have banned short term rent like Airbnb, some define short term to anything less than 3 months

Whatsapp image 2020 12 17 at 12.20.45 pm small

Residential will not allow Airbnb for security and living environment purpose.

Basically I shall say depends on Majority vote during JMB meeting. Best not staying in investment property portfolio

S  27ae60 small

I heard there a condo in KL, which allow airbnb to operate for the homeowner. But the owner must pay an initial deposit of RM 5,000 first before accepting any tenant. In this case, if there are any damages the repair will be taken out from the initial deposit. I personally think this is a good method as it will be on the homeowner responsibility if they were to accept airbnb. small reward with high risk.  

Whatsapp image 2020 12 17 at 12.20.45 pm small

If too frequent check in and out will interrupt the residences.

20150527 023646 1 small

if security systems and the guards are well trained and execute their authority, will have less issues, checking in guests on short term rent, generally, owners will have taken their passport copy, if any issue file a report with police/embassy

T  9b59b6 small

I do not think Airbnb will be disallowed. The relevant authorities should review and update the guidelines to improve the Airbnb business service in Malaysia. Airbnb is popular overseas and Malaysia in my opinion should continue to be open to this alternative accomodation service.

Ban or not ban. Best dont stay in investor focus project. Mostly will do Airbnb there