Condominium high rise
Fbe37552637081f7bced381c7c464f3b  illustration girl girl illustrations small

Dear Propsocial users,

According to  The Malaysian Institute of Professional Property Managers (MIPPM), the management of some 70% of condominiums and apartments in Malaysia is considered to be “below par” (Oct 2016). I'm also sharing the same concern. I'm currently the chairperson for Management Committee in an apartment in KL and we just terminated a contract of property management who have been serving for past few years. 

Here is just a simple survey to know, on the scale of 1-5 (1 being  "Not at all satisfied" and 5 being "Extremely Satisfied", how would you rate your current property management company. If you rate 1 or 2, have you done something? If no, why?

SHARE THIS TOPIC

Own dp small

- Efficiency and effectiveness of work by the management personnels
- Taking a long time to fix the leaking/plumbing work
- Security level not on par by allowing everyone into the premise

@JohnL 

Interesting to note on efficiency of management personnel which is always overlooked by the resident.

On the security part, lodge proper complaint and if can, get the other residents to do so as well, then get the JMB/MC to look for new guard service.

In terms of fixing plumbing, for common area, technician must act fast. And for internal units, the management office should attend for first checking by 7 days.

Leaking is never ending problem for condominium due to renovation work by residents who never follow proper guide. This kind of matter can only be solved with strong internal condominium guideline which shall be known to all residents from day 1, but sad, most of the time, it is quite late to stop the damage and late to implement such thing.

L  e74c3c small

@JohnL 

Have you done something, John? If no, why?

L  e74c3c small

The currently contracted property management agency that serving in the mixed property community I am staying is incapable, incompetent, ineffectual, negligent, disorganized, lax, remiss to duties, unproductive and time-wasting. Especially, disappointedly inexperience and unskilled in assisting the community with our negotiation for defect rectification work and claims against the developer nearer to the expiry of defect liability period.

In some cases, this contracted property management agency has failed to enhance the possibility of reconciliation between the property owners and the developer.

As a result, lawsuits between property owners and developer, considerable court and lawyer fees have been incurred. 

Some property owners have united and made neumerous feedback, suggestions, complaints to the JMB and the contracted property management agency direct, but things just doesn't turn out the way it should be. 

I will very appreciate Breeze, if you could share me your opinion and experience in overcoming this very challenging issue. 

Img 1089 small

We just kicked out our previous management company who is also related to developer. Our account ran into deficits since 2013 and we had been wanting to kick them out many years back but was unable to do so due to lack of attendance from the residents and the developer family owns more than 20 units. This year we manage to kick them out when the committee called for an EGM. So we are still observing the new property management company.  

Own dp small

@liang_t2613 have tried to inform/make a report on with the management but seems like the management act dont know about it.

L  e74c3c small

@pauleen_teoh Glad to know that.
Hope things will turn out the way it should be with your new agency. 
Over here, is a tougher challenge, not just the property management agency, even the council committees of the joint management body are majority related to the developer. The parcel owners need to work really hard and strategically together for a change.

L  e74c3c small

@JohnL Same here. 
Hope we can gain some good learn and actionable advices from this discussion.

@liang_t2613 HI sorry for the late reply. I do not have direct experience as per your case. I found this link, perhaps u can ask from the expert via the email? 

http://www.gmssolutions.com.my/blog/how-to-make-complaints-about-your-managing-agent/

For the rest of readers, here is a useful blog: http://www.gmssolutions.com.my/blog/

L  e74c3c small

Many thanks, @breeze.  

This is more than useful and resourceful. It helps me and my neighborhood a lot to enhance our knowledge in dealing with our developer, JMB and property management agency. 

I had bookmarked this blog page, will return often to check out the latest stuff they post : )

Img 1089 small

@liang_t2613 yes, you are right. Parcel owners also need to be actively involved in the community and take full responsibility to attend AGM and check the account line by line. We can't just leave this or JMB and MO. We should be the check and balance to promote transparency and good governance.

65648440 2406793556070448 9165628430648082432 o small

@breeze thanks for sharing