Kith   kin   freeman woo   kith and kin   photo by all is amazing small

Malaysia General Election 2018 - What effect will it have on the property market?

Before and after the election, What effect will it be? as investor hows you react?

SHARE THIS TOPIC

Own dp small

Hmm, Not too sure on that. Definitely will have some effects depending on whether we want to further raise the entry buying level of foreigner on our malaysian's property as now its just 1 million capped.

still very uncertain

Thanks @JohnL 

Att 1389527671120 10  k.k. sah  4739  small

I think a lot of Investor and Home Buyer still collecting their bullets till after Election. After Election will be Better ... This my opinion la ...

Img 6323 small

for my point of view, definitely will have affected. It will somehow affect the stock market and our exchange rate for sure. So it will affect the whole malaysia market, no matter in property line or economy wise. The problem is, will it be better or worst.

According to my reading, we have 61% leftover and unsold new unit in the market. So before election, if lets say there's some good news from government, it might helps to decrease this figure. But however, after election? not so sure...haha

E33c9f8c e595 419e 838f 0db2e7d77e59 small

I feel that of course election it will affect everything economic in Malaysia included property. 

But from another points of view is,

Malaysia is country are still developing. Means that property price are potentially increasing.So I don't feel that is any issue on not buying or investing property now.

Some more after election, when economic is recovering. everyone is going out to get property in the market.Do we still able to get any good deals from developer or sub sales buyer like what we get now 10-30% below market value property easily?

Just calm and buy. 

Signature 28 logo  custom  small

Maybe government will reintroduce the DIBS (Developer Interest Bearing Scheme) again in the near future to excite property sales?

Img 6323 small

@domng i hope they do. haha

Screen shot 2016 01 21 at 8.27.17 pm small

Speculations and speculations~

Own dp small

I can just say new government, new style. Cross fingers. Changes and rules will be enforce. But on property sector, still not quite sure as supply is more than demand as of now.

@JohnL 

If supply and is really more than the demand now... the property value should be remain constant or dropping?

@JohnL if Supply more than demand. Property price will keep on dropping.

Remain constant means however there is still demand although not too much.

@planaresidence 

Then when does it actually drop in value? if really price drop too much, owners will not want to sell, right

@domng That why i mean, however. Property there is still demand. If owner not willing to sell, Buyer not willing to buy, means there is no much market value.

Value means demand of the location.

@planaresidence 

Yeah, demand and supply will ultimately determine the market price.

Look at the Bitcoin price now and you will see what I mean.  

Img 20190308 wa0049 small

Depends on it

After a month, any positive sign?

Img 6323 small

@freemanwoo i think is still the same, more goes for renting. and more demand of property under RM500k OR Above RM1m for foreigner market. Doesn't really affect much. 

@windzneom 

No more 6% GST on any property sales or commission fees, that is for sure. 

Img 6323 small

@domng ya that one definitely. haha!

Img 0614 1 small

I feel that after the GE, people are more daring to look back into investment again. Maybe not all people. But after the GE for sure a lot of cleaning and sustaining need to do not only for the gov but also for for business man. From what i gather, clients have a bit more hope and looking forward for a better market growth. 

If we have more encouragement on the foreign investment company, the situation for rental and sale market will change, just like back in the old days under Tun M leadership. Not a big fan of politics but like it or not, it does affect the market especially on foreign investment confident level..

65648440 2406793556070448 9165628430648082432 o small

@freemanwoo good sharing