C  16a085 small

What can I do if I found a broker who is not registered agent? If I report it to BOVAEAP, what consequences will be suffered by the broker? Is there any other way to report or complaint?

Own dp small

Besides lodging a report to BOVAEA, you can also file a complaint at MIEA http://www.miea.com.my/file-a-complaint . There's this channel for you to do so as they will verify with the supporting docs you have place and check on it before they do anything about it.

Img 20180608 143334 small

There is no any specific clauses or sections in the Act 242 mentioning about illegal agent. Normally BOVAEA will only lodge a police report whenever they receive complaint about illegal agent/ REN  from public. My advise is whenever you deal with REN/REA/PEA, you can anytime do the checking yourself by using their REN #/E#/PEA# via BOVAEA website to search for his or her info. you can go in the following website check their info:  www.lppeh.gov.my 

C  16a085 small

@JohnL what will MIEA do when they receive such report and what action will be taken against these illegal brokers?

20180609 img 0016 small

@henry well, they will just lodge police report, but im not sure what they will do on them.