W1200 25ae codl
Logo3 small

Image source: iticket.i-city.my

i-City has been recognised as a catalyst for transformation in Shah Alam, to an international city of over RM10 million in gross development value (GDV). Acknowledged by Menteri Besar of Selangor Amirudin Shari to share the Golden Triangle status, i-City will be giving away free passes to their theme park this Sunday.

i-City was first acknowledged to have the potential to be part of the Golden Triangle for Selangor about a year ago when the city was listed on CNN Travel to be among the world's brightest and most colourful destination. Said Amirudin, the rapid developments within i-City offers excellent economic opportunities and hence has the potential to turn the state capital into a key pillar of the “golden triangle”.

Selangor contributes almost 25% to the country’s gross domestic product as one of Malaysia’s most progressive and developed state.

According to I-Berhad information manager Tang Soke Cheng, this will be the first time that i-City is giving out free passes. The passes will provide full access to the park and unlimited access to all its rides with the “Selangor’s Golden Triangle Pass”.

The park currently churns approximately RM1 million daily in revenue daily from its park.

The free passes will be available for purchase both online and at the counter from 1st February 2020, at zero cost. The pass will be valid only on the 9th of February, via an e-pass pre-load in the i-City mobile app.

Said Tang, "This is in-line with the nation’s initiative to develop Digital Malaysia, where tourist visitors to the i-City theme park will be able to enjoy a seamless and hassle-free experience by scanning their QR code for rides and attractions they plan to visit.”

In conjunction with the government’s latest initiative for e-Tunai Rakyat, i-City’s partner, Touch & Go, will give eligible Malaysians RM30 each in their eWallet on the event day to enjoy cashless transactions.

The i-City Park is a family-friendly destination with park rides and attractions to appeal to the entire family. There is the WaterWorld that provides the 1st tornado experience in South East Asia; the SnoWalk – a snowfall area the size of 2 football fields with a temperature of -8˚ Celcius; the Red Carpet – an interactive wax museum with almost 100 international icons; and the i-City’s biggest attraction – the City of Digital Lights which was listed by CNN Travel to be among the World’s Brightest and Most Colourful Places in the World.

Tang stated that they expect about 30,000 visitors on Sunday. The park has attracted over 5 million visitors annually since they opened in 2009, and i-City has been hailed as 'exemplary' by property consultants for demonstrating how an industrial-focused area can scale up to become a sustainable development that attracts both local and foreign investors.

Among the foreign investors of note in i-City are Thailand’s largest retail property developer Central Pattana Plc (CPN), Best Western International which is currently operating the 3-star Best Western i-City, and Hilton Worldwide Group, which will operate the upcoming four-star DoubleTree by Hilton i-City Hotel in 2021.

CPN and I-City Properties Sdn Bhd (ICP) jointly developed Central i-City, the largest shopping mall in Shah Alam which carries a GDV of approximately RM850 million. Opening in June 2020, the mall is CPN’s flagship project in Malaysia, and its first international project.

i-City has further obtained its mark of approval from Prime Minister Tun Dr. Mahathir Mohammad in July 2019, during a 4-day work visit to Thailand to host the ASEAN summit, for paving the way for Thailand investments. 

(7 February 2020)

SHARE THIS TOPIC

Img 6323 small

THANKS FOR SHARING