Mah Sing’s Chief Executive Officer, Datuk Ho Hon Sang appointed as the Chairman of Real Estate & Housing Developer’s Association (REHDA) Selangor. Image from: Mah Sing.

The Chief Executive Officer of Mah Sing Group Berhad (Mah Sing), Datuk Ho Hon Sang, has recently been appointed as Chairman of the Real Estate & Housing Developer's Association (REHDA) Selangor.

Datuk Ho Hon Sang, formerly the Deputy Chairman of REHDA Selangor, has over four decades of experience in the field of property development, as well as related fields, including engineering, consulting, road privatisation and general management.

His portfolios make him the best candidate to take on this position. He will serve as Chairman of REHDA Selangor for two years, effective from 25 August 2020.

Datuk Ho shared, “I am honored to be elected as the Chairman of REHDA Selangor, following my stint as the Deputy Chairman of REHDA Selangor previously. I humbled by the support and trust given my peers to take on the helm. Given my expertise and passion in the real estate industry, REHDA Selangor will work closely with the government and developers to improve the real estate industry landscape of the country despite the challenging condition.”

Datuk Ho has more than 40 years of experience in the area of property development, engineering, consulting, road privatisation and general management. He holds a Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) degree from the University of Malaya and is a member of the Institute of Engineers of Malaysia and the Board of Engineers of Malaysia.

He started his professional career as an engineer involved in the construction of the North-South Expressway. He was also the Managing Director of Sunway Berhad's Property Development Division.

Over the course of his career, Datuk Ho has been active in property development and property investment projects ranging from master-planned townships and integrated developments with retail, commercial, educational, medical, hospitality and leisure components.

(27 August 2020)