Ads
P  2c3e50 small

In this digital age, many would say advertise in the social media. Some would still prefer to advertise in classified ad in local newspaper. Some will go for the FOC way i.e. advertise in 7-11 notice board. Some depend on existing clients for referral or word-of-mouth advertising. Some will go for the illegal way - hang their ad at traffic lights post, on the tree or simply stick their advertisement on public places. Some will use different approach when looking for buyer and other approach to look for tenant. Some consider the cost factor. Some consider the reach factor. Share your thoughts... which way is the most effective to get results??

SHARE THIS TOPIC

Screen shot 2016 01 21 at 8.27.17 pm small

Even its the digital age now, I still personally think that printed ads are still essential. Because many potential buyers are of older age group, many are still not tech savvy. If I am an agent I would advertise in social media, prop websites and print ads. Not illegal ones lah.

P  2c3e50 small

WhatsApp could be a useful tool... and it is free! Can have pictures also...

Mtxx 20220221174543 mr1650848230340 small

i also facing the problem now even i advertise my listing on every property web or facebook group/page...herm but anyway now the efficient property web price per ads gone up very high.....have any other way cheap cheap and good good?

Screen shot 2016 01 21 at 8.27.17 pm small

PropSocial here xD

061  img 5963 small

Based on my experience speaking to many property agents, feedback from them was that it depends on what type of property you are selling. If you are looking at lower cost property ranging lower than RM400k, mudah.my is apparently quite effective. And if it's factory, warehouse, shoplots, etc, banners can be quite effective.

P  2c3e50 small

Mag, u mean roadside/lamp post banners??

061  img 5963 small

Yea and also at those factory or commercial areas.... apparently.

C  8e44ad small

I'm using word of mouth, referrals. This is the most effective way and higher closing ratio. To me

P  2c3e50 small

Recently i saw some one using mobile ad. He put "Apartment to Let" sticker on his car - left, right and at the back. Not a bad idea!

061  img 5963 small

@ppnnkk2011, really??? Haha, cute! Sounds interesting.

P  2c3e50 small

Yeah, wanted to take a picture using my handphone but I'm not fast enough

Pic small

Internet to create awareness 

But most of the time, it is word of mouth and referrals.

P  2c3e50 small

At difficult times like now, RENs need to be more aggressive and find creative ways to reach more potential. Depending on WOM alone is not enough.

Pic small

There are also another fact that is undeniable, at the end of each transaction, despite the creativity and innovative interior, exterior, location of the building etc, many buyers will still look into the money factor... if price does not meet in anyway,  the deal cant be closed at the end of the day.

P  2c3e50 small

if there is more people aware of the property for sale/to let, there are higher chances for it to be sold/rent ... 

Pic small

@ppnnkk2011 I totally agree with you :) 

To me advertising and awareness is still relatively important 

Kate chew small

Co-broke.... Works for me.

Pic small

Co-Broke works for me too but i have my principal that I do not co-broke with broker

20150527 023646 1 small

Banners is good but risk of unscrupulous agents/brokers undercut ;)

P  2c3e50 small

Attended a college/university open house recently, there are agents handing out to visitors (mainly students or their parents) leaflet promoting their rooms/apartment to let.I think this is very effective if you are targeting students as tenants. Obviously these units are much cheaper than the college/university's hostels.

James bond craig junio2006 small

I've been getting some random whatsapp messages from some random numbers trying to promote their properties and as a property buyer and owner, I really don't like that. 

P  2c3e50 small

Join or go to a property fair might be a good idea if u are looking for buyer/investor... most of the visitors are looking for options to buy properties

J  7f8c8d small

Whatsapp can get rather spammy. I've been told off by some buyers to not send them anymore texts. LOL.

For commercial properties, banners is a must coz buyers would drive there straight to survey the area. So if your banner is there, they would definitely call you (provided other agents don't sabo your banner)

Residential I guess property websites are the best. Though ads can be very expensive and you constantly have to top up to keep your listings on top.

P  2c3e50 small

Many said, always do a good job and happy clients will bring in many referrals. But i guess, depends on referral is surely not enough...  

061  img 5963 small

@ppnnkk2011, those experienced agents who has been in the industry for 10 over years, they have already build their foundation and most of them do rely on referrals and regular owners. For newbies, with the current competitive environment, relying solely on referrals might be impossible. Unless, they have super strong connections and network. 

Pic small

just to add on... so far from my observation, many of them will apply Red Ocean Strategy which does not really work so well on me, probably because my customer base does not require red ocean strategy (price slashing, listing hijacking etc etc all sorts of funny stuff) 

P  2c3e50 small

new trend - sell via private auction; u might get the highest possible price

Pic small

@ppnnkk2011 Mr Pan... Not only this.... there are even some property owner started their own auction (before their property is being proclaimed for sale by the bank)

each round they will lower their price by certain percentage, and whenever there is someone who grab hold to it, they will sell it off...

L  2c3e50 small

I think it really depends on your targeted audience. If for young generations, I think social media will be the best way since everyone now is having a smartphone on hand and non stop being online. However, if for older people, printed ads in newspaper or banner is a better way since most of them are not so tech-savvy.

But I personally don't really like to receive spamming message from Whatsapp or SMS cause I find it quite annoying. So sometimes I am kinda reluctant to give out my phone numbers in order to avoid spammy messages.

20170514 115059 small

Mudah.com is pretty effective for property below RM350,000 based on my experience.

Mtxx 20220221174543 mr1650848230340 small

ya mudah.com even now got promotion for bump advertisement.

65648440 2406793556070448 9165628430648082432 o small

thank you for good sharing