Ad
Yien ong small

AD is a freehold and newest neighbourhood in PJ with needed amenities, such as international schools, malls, LRT stations, hospital, clinics, restaurants and etc. Accessibility is excellent! Located right in the center of no where but everywhere! It takes only 10 mins to BU, tropicana and even Subang area.

More to discuss. ..

SHARE THIS TOPIC

2377c26770344851952265959f1eb22f small

Ara Damansara have mixed development in terms of Residential from Mid to High- End living in these area. Well planed community, with a Recreational Park for Ara Damansara residence with Eco Friendly environment. Provided jogging and cycling track. There is amenities such as clinic, veterinary, restaurants, CItta Mall, Tesco, LRT station, Speedmart99 and etc. Good excessibility road, just a stone away from Tropicana, Saujana, Subang, Glenmairie area.

James bond craig junio2006 small

I've always wanted to live in Ara Damansara. I like that area. But most of the properties there now are not quite affordable anymore. And traffic quite bad especially after office hours. I wanted to buy Urbana Residences last time, but it was fully sold :(

061  img 5963 small

I visited the Pacific Place area and also the new Evolve Concept Mall about 2 weeks ago. I love it! Can't wait for it to fully opened. And I personally think Pacific Place is a good piece of investment. Right next to the Evolve Concept Mall and the LRT station is literally outside it. Regret not getting it during their launch. It was at a good price.

Kate chew small

A spill over from Subang Jaya. Good location with good amenities in that area. But traffic is horrible due to limited routes to get in and out. Good for investment, as you can rent it out to doctors and nurses who work in the hospital over there.

P  2c3e50 small

I find that the properties there are very pricey... rush hour traffic is really bad.

I think most of property located at prime area, are facing traffic problem. Not to mention during rush hour. All will face the same.

James Bob.... FYI , Urbana Residences was fully sold within 3 days of launching.

@seanvoon, oh my!!! Well, saw the showroom and it's really beautiful and reasonably priced too. So, come to think of it, I am not surprised! Buyers must've been eagerly waiting for it to be launched. Guess I have no luck.

Img 0478 copy small

It's a good neighbourhood. Lots of good developments, mostly high rise, nice condos. Some neighbourhood malls. Hospital. Restaurants. Not sure if there are schools, colleges or universities there? If yes, then it's a plus point.

Zikri white small

Although this neighborhood is good there are 5 condos that will be ready at around the same time next year.

Which will put pressure on rents.

P  2c3e50 small

ZZ, which are the 5 condos, pls name them for knowledge. tq.

Zikri white small

Urbana Residences, Potpourri, H20, Ara Greens and Eve Suite. Two which are already ready this year, Hijaun Residences and Pacific Place which are relatively empty. There is also Maisson which expected early 2017. Perhaps there will be more takers once the LRT is really ready.

Screen shot 2016 01 21 at 8.27.17 pm small

It is a great location as amenities are aplenty with Citta Mall and Oasis Damansara just a stone throw away. However, traffic congestion during peak hours can drive one crazy, as we all know the Subang Airport Road is famous for traffic jam, especially when its raining!

Ara Greens is beautiful too, but it's way too expensive!

Own dp small

There are a few development which some have completed to have such an amazing outlooks and designs but the pricetag is just too..... Hard to get a loan for these units nowadays.

P  2c3e50 small

3 LRT stations in the vicinity - Glenmarie, Ara Damansara and Lembah Subang...

Jonathan de ho half body small

LRT, Own stay actually not bad for G&G landed. Got Tesco and nearby other amenities as well. The only thing is no good mall

Img thing small

I bought The Centum (SoHo) @ Oasis and it's been left unrented for almost a year now since handover of keys. I was so desperate I actually wanted to rent it out almost half the market price. But some agents told me it's over supply. But I think it's also because the amenities there are not ready yet, such as the commercial shoplots and stuff. So, I am patiently waiting. It's a very nice area, but provided nearby there's amenities such as shopping malls, LRT, restaurants, etc.

Linkedin small

@veron I would definitely rent it out for lower, beats servicing the loan with zero income. can always increase in the future when come to renewals

Img thing small

@ivanyap, yup I have already done so. Apparently current market price for rental for The Centum is about RM2,000, I am willing to rent it out at RM1,000 posted a lot of ads and appointed many agents to help me rent this out. Still no takers :(

Linkedin small

@veron i notice that centum is designed more to office use than residential. is that right?

Img thing small

Yes, that's right. When I first bought it, they told me it's SoHo, but after handover of keys, they said it's actually SoFo or SoVo, which is purely for office use.

P  2c3e50 small

Serious?? Half price also can't get a tenant... that is really bad!

Kate chew small

Is this because of the market slowdown or perhaps amenities in Ara Damansara is not as complete as other hotter locations?

Own dp small

I did notice theres many units are vacant there. Sorry to hear that Veron. Just hope for the best.

Linkedin small

@Veron yeah at this time, commercial properties will take a while to let out. generally commercial properties need abit of holding power. good luck in renting out your unit!

Its the usage as office thats make it more difficult. Somemore timing not that good since economy slow down now

Img thing small

Thanks for your words of encouragement @JLean & @ivanyap. Ya, @Jonathan de Ho I guess it's the timing for now.

13681055 10157059677875304 6799179346513204503 n small

Hey Veron, 

Am interested in ur SOHO, pls pm thx

Img thing small

Yee Sasa Ace, are you an agent? Because I've appointed a lot of agents. Could you share your contact details with me, please?

Kate chew small

Ara Damansara is generally a good area I would say. There's quite a number of shopping malls there and new one just came up called Evolve Concept Mall. Lots of nice condos around too. Used to be quite reasonable in price. 

Is the LRT station there ready in operation? I think this would really help. 

Market now is slow... not just property but overall other industry as well

That makes businessman think twice now

Own dp small

Yea, the market now seems to be slower. I do notice some price depreciation for certain property. Some even turn out to Lelong as they have a base price in it.

There will be more lelong but dont expect secondary market price will really drop. But as usual back to the question of how many of the buyer have much cash to buy now for secondary market which need to pay min 10%. and lawyer fees etc

Img thing small

Yea, I actually received several SMS from some agents saying there's bank lelong for The Centum Oasis unit for RM381k for 739sf unit, whereas market price is actually RM580k :(

K  8e44ad small

Ara Damansara have few mixed development  on this few years

K  8e44ad small

ara damansara completed condo :oasis square ,pacific place ,aragreen ,eve suite ,ara hill ,Verde ,Urbana

L  d35400 small

If I can afford a house in Ara Damansara, I will rather buy a house in BU.

@veron, wah the Centum lelong unit very worth it leh.

@Zara_Yeow, lelong unit can view in advance before purchasing. Beware of dead body in the unit :P  *just joking*

@james_bob, harrrrrrr, i think if got also cleared already guaaaa

@Zara_Yeow, as far as I know, nobody will go in and check the condition of the house to make sure it's in order before they hand over to the new owner. That's why it's so much lower than market price and very easy to get rid of. That's why it's called 'as is, where is'. 

@james_bob are these lelong houses handled by agents? or purely by banks?

@Zara_Yeow, both. Banks would appoint agents to help them get rid of the lelong units. So, agents will not have the keys too. 

H  8e44ad small

Where is that place. Do you have the owner contact no. Half price? Wow. Please let me know. I am looking for some place for rent/buy. Tq

P  2c3e50 small

Surprisingly those shops in Taipan 1 and Taipan 2 in Ara Damansara are mostly not occupied and not much retail businesses in  the area.... monopolized by Bangla (hostel)

Img 5409 small

@Zara_Yeow auctioneer handle lelong process, bank only handle money collection process. buyer need to check their own from outside. unless there is tenant inside willing to let u take a look.

Cover profile small

@veron your unit still available? this my number 017 682 8184

@ Zara_Yeow please do your checking first before decide to buy

Thanks for the advice!

Img thing small

Apart from my unit in Centum @ Oasis which I something I kinda regretted, what about other properties in Ara Damansara? Do they also have issues not being able to rent out or sell? Please share. Because generally I thought Ara Damansara is quite a good location. 

Dsc 7722 small

@hana I have few units to sell or to let in Maisson. Will you be interest with that project?

Dsc 7722 small

@veron Maisson still have transaction on rental and sell.. So yeah I doubt the location is a problem

L  c0392b small

Hard to find freehold property in PJ area..

Signature 28 logo  custom  small

PJ properties are usually 99 years leasehold nowadays?

@veron, perhaps because it's a SoHo / Office and it's not really within walking distance to the mall or commercial area or any shops or even LRT station. But I heard there's a mall coming up attached to it, is that true?

Img 6323 small

@tayuya_lwz  @domng i would say not only PJ, Kl also very hard to find freehold property.

Img 6323 small

Previously, ara damansara price isn't that pricey, until it start to build with the malls and MRT station. I rent a studio at NZX shoplot two years back, it is not that convenience but there are plenty of condos besides. However, the place is kinda rundown. I rented the place for RM2000 per month, but after the MRT done, that place they increase the rental to RM3500.

Traffic jam is one major problem, another problem is units more than demand at that area, and I would say ara damansara is consider over valued and i don't think it is worth.

@windzneom 

Wow, the MRT factor almost double your rental! Does it apply to residential property as well? The percentage of increase I mean.

Img 6323 small

@domng I'm not so sure about that but as one of my friend rent a unit in that area, itis increasing too. 

@windzneom 

Increase is good for investors, even slightly.

It is better than decreasing rental and compete against other investors to attract the tenants right?

Img 6323 small

@domng yea agreed!

Img 5409 small

@domng double? so nice. which type of property? condo or landed?

@6011_3531_5354 

Double rental after MRT station completion is what @ windzneom mentioned...

65648440 2406793556070448 9165628430648082432 o small

@yienong thanks for sharing