Propertyprice
Kith   kin   freeman woo   kith and kin   photo by all is amazing small

What do you think about the current property market?  Why?

SHARE THIS TOPIC

P  2c3e50 small

Extremely slow with very limited transaction

James bond craig junio2006 small

Well, transactions might have dropped a little, but I don't think it's a drastic drop. I still see a lot of houses for sale, some owners who are desperate who needs cash flow willing to let go below market price and there are still many buyers looking for a home to buy or to rent.

Img thing small

Yea! Despite the fact that many people say that property sector is doing really bad, but there are still people who need to buy for their own stay. Not all property buyers purchase for investment purposes. I still come across lots of families and friends who are in the midst of looking for place. 

Pic small

Property that is range 500k and below is still relatively fast in transaction and quite active... well that's my 2 cents based on my activity 

A  c0392b small

(This post was removed by author)

A  c0392b small

A  c0392b small
Allow commercial property, to change to residential status.. all those old shop lots which nobody is using will be changed into houses., you can get a supply of houses immedietely into the market
A  c0392b small

A  c0392b small

A  c0392b small

A  c0392b small

A  c0392b small

A  c0392b small

A  c0392b small

A  c0392b small

P  2c3e50 small

Market will be dominated by sub-sale and auction properties in 2016..

A  c0392b small

I see a lot of auction properties are people trying to get the best price for their properties. If they can't sell it on the open market, might as well try auction to get the best price.  And i think if the banks are hard pressed for margins and increases the BLR, foreclosures auctions will be more prevalent in 2016, and that will set the new benchmark for properties.

Pic small

@Aack2001 The auction here in Malaysia referring to proclamation of sales of property by the bank which the owner defaulted payment of their loan.

Unlike the property in NZ and AUS whereby they could have an open house and have all the interested parties to bid for the highest price to sell the property off (never encounter such incident in Malaysia before, have any other agents hosted such event on a normal sub-sale property here before?)

I had seen that and done that in NZ but not in Malaysia.

A  c0392b small

No la.. i saw so much advert that u can also list your house at the acutioneers to be sold via auction method.

Kate chew small

Definitely it has slow down in terms of number of transactions as compared to say in 2013. But for rental market and high end properties, not too bad actually. Not as bad as what general public perceived.

Img 0478 copy small

I agree with you, @kate_chew

P  2c3e50 small

How do you define "high end properties"? I thought high end properties are the one seriously affected??

A  c0392b small

High End property at the best location in front of KLCC is seriously affected... so does location/poshiness of an area counts? It just means that location or high end doesn't really bring value as long as, its affordable to the general population.
 The only good investment property is when the yield is higher then the (interest rates + expenses) for long period. It is shown that value cannot be retained even with good location.  So current property market, is seriously screwed by speculator, it just like stock market, when no body buys.. you are in a bearish market. If the stock doesnt give good dividen... sell..

Kate chew small

Well, maybe just for me la. I've seen and have quite a number of investors whom money is never an issue, so doesn't really affect them and they are still buying properties in MK area.

Pic small

@kate_chew .... agree agree... some of my friends are doing the same nowadays as well.

P  2c3e50 small

Cash is King! This is the time for those people to go shopping and get good bargain.

A  c0392b small
Lol, just wait for Q4 2015, then Q1 2016 statistics to come out.. then only we would know if market is up or down. Malaysia Statistics are so damn slow.
P  2c3e50 small

4 mths lag ... recently only we got the Q3 2015 statistics

A  c0392b small

Once get Q4 2015and Q12016, then can tell

061  img 5963 small

Do share the statistics here once it's out :)

A  c0392b small

It seems Doomsday coming. better buy gold

Pic small

@Aack2001 am still suffering lost from putting monies in gold investment account till date :( even though the amount is not much ... 

S  16a085 small

Diversify your portfolio in Australia Property.

Why in AUSTRALIA?!

-Inflation Protection

-Currency Diversification

-Strong rental market

-FREEHOLD

-ONLY 10% Down-payment to lawyer trust account

-POSITIVE cash flow (rental can cover loan repayment)

-Hassle free investment

-15 years interest only loan

End-to-end real estate solutions: 

Consultation > Purchase > Contract Administration > Mortgage Application > Settlement > Property Management > Migration

Contact Ms Lim Shu Xian 019 3388 133 for free advice. :)