Starcity logo small

Hi, a 1 year newbie here, I would like to ask how to convince the owner to pay GST because alot of owners that i had dealt with they don't want to give GST

Any Taikor, Taikajie give advices, TQ

SHARE THIS TOPIC

Property namecard small

top up 12% to your commercial property. Once negotiate reduce 6% to give buyer happiness. Then another 6% will consider registrant 's gxd

148369 10150314431960398 3907517 n small

If seller is individual, selling commercial/industrial property below a certain amount of transactions a year, both purchaser & seller doesn't have to pay GST.

If the seller is developer or GST-company, then you'll have to let your customer know up front that the selling price is RM106k, not RM100k + 6k gst. Then the customer is mentally prepared to pay that amount. If you tell customer to pay an extra 6% after finalizing the deal, he will ask you to fly kite.

Work small

I think she referring to the GST for the agent professional fee.

Some sellers / owners like to take advantage from agent negotiators.

1607678577947 small

tell the owner the truth that GST is not payable to us the agent, but is payable to government.

Own dp small

Just speak out the truth and acknowledge the buyer about this. It will helps out alot. Buyers don't like to have a hidden figures.

Img 5409 small

Agree with you.

For my opinion, inform the owner upfront about all the fee and charge, usually good owner will not have big issue with the 6% GST to get your good service. 

Work small

Most of the owner know about it. Just they dont like to pay. Coz they used to cut agent fee as usual.

Pic small

agree with @yunsyn statement... this is the fact, and I have seen some agent asking the buyer or tenant to pay the GST... well it all depends on the deal that the buyer / tenant is getting (if they are buying or renting the property below market value most of them would agree) 

and it should never be paid by agents though, having said that our commission are already very low nowadays.

Signature 28 logo  custom  small

@imronaldsoo 

If the commission payable to the agent goes undeclared to the Property Agency where the agent represents... Will the taxman able to find out eventually?

65648440 2406793556070448 9165628430648082432 o small

@jojo thanks for sharing