Malaysia food
Pic small

I would like to start a topic that is a little of out property investment, but still involved in property and places. 

There are many hidden terrific place for Good Food which is not known to the public (as some store owner tends to be low profile, and based on personal experience, those that had been published in Newspaper or TV not all but some of it, their food will turn to a bit more commercialized loosing the original taste that was being previously reported - due to the fact they need to cope up with the crowd) 

So if you do know any nice place for good food do share it out. (Aside from property, when I am free I do like to hunt for good food too :))

SHARE THIS TOPIC

P  2c3e50 small

Subang Jaya - SS15 nice Pork soup noodle; don't have the exact address. same row with Herbs & Food. A few doors away there is this Uncle Seng noodle, not bad worth trying.

Screen shot 2016 01 21 at 8.27.17 pm small

There's a truck that sells prawn noodle and asam laksa at Seapark wet market. It is called Aik Prawn Mee, they are famous for their Penang style Prawn Mee and Assam Laksa. Yummyyyyyy.

1380434 10201431210114979 1940676289 n small

O&S seapark hawker food 

P  2c3e50 small

Sg. Way Ah Sang Bak kut teh. near indian temple opposite previously Bintang supermarket

Pic small

(12) Twelve Cafe , 131 Jalan Semenyih - highly recommended :)

A  c0392b small

such a good subject..i really like this discussion hehehe... please post more foodie places.

http://eddyrushfatboy.blogspot.my/2015/04/big-bowl-curry-noodle-selayang.html

Dianelynn.86 small

OMG I LOVE THIS THREAD!!! Ok! First of all, where do you want to start?!

Curry Mee: Yat Yat Lei in Kuchai Lama, just beside the Jin Xuan dim sum! Go before 10am, or everything will be sold out! The curry chicken feet is great, dry curry and wet curry noodles also good! Owners can be kinda grumpy when crowded, when you go there, first thing you do is take number! Then just SIT DOWN! They will come and take your order as per your number! Order the chicken feet!!!

Secret Loc (HK Kim Gary/Char Chan Teng Style Restaurant): In Kuchai also!! Not widely known, super popular, opens until 3am, food so much better than Kim Gary, Char Chan Teng and all those HK style restaurants!!  https://www.facebook.com/TheSecretLocCafe/

Hup Kee Restaurant: In Jalan Ipoh! Typical Chinese style tai chow, asam fish here is good!! They still serve free soup before the meal, and free fruits and jelly after the meal! Price also quite reasonable, their "two flavour pai kuat" super tender, juicy and yummy! The "salted egg taufu" also super nice!!

Foo Jin Restaurant: In Kepong! Erm... this one is really kinda complicated to find la. Because it's really a family restaurant with really no advertising. If you want to go there, please call them to order your dishes first especially if you are going during the weekend. Unless you're seriously free and can wait about 1.5 hours for your food. The number is 012-2710 920, address is Jalan Perdana 4, Taman Indah Perdana, 56000 Kepong, Kuala Lumpur. Their signature dishes is their "Kao Yoke". My mom likes the "salted egg fried chicken", their "loke yoke" is also damn good. There are also some dishes that are only available during the weekdays because they don't have the time to make it during the weekends. Basically, you can order anything here and it'll be good. They're just that great!

Puchong Yong Tau Fu: Just look for "Puchong Yong Tau Fu". There will be a whole row of yong tau fu shops, my favourite is the last one of the row!

Templer Nasi Lemak: This is another complicated one... just look for the Petronas at Taman Bersatu Rawang. Lot PT 10295, HS(M) 5549, Taman Bersatu, Batu 17 1/2, Jalan Rawang, 48000 Rawang, Selangor, Malaysia. Turn in left before the petrol station and take the first turning right. It's the first corner shop you see. I think the name starts with W something, on the same row is a few shops down is Restoran Maju Ilham (Nasi Kandar). Nasi lemak here is fantastic!!!

Ah well, there's loads more but it's time for lunch. Lol! Bye!

Starcity logo small

Meng Kee Noodles

Meng Kee Char Siew

Meng Kee Roast Duck 

etc etc all in same place neighboring each other

http://my.openrice.com/klangvalley/restaurant/meng-kee-char-siew-restaurant-shah-alam-central/63561

P  2c3e50 small

The Meng Kee char siew is nice. Wan ton mee is only RM4.50 there. But the char siew that comes with wan ton mee is not so nice. U have to order separate char siew, a plate on its own then the char siew is nice.

Pic small

What about Asam Laksa in Klang Valley?

I had been struggling to find a good one.

P  2c3e50 small

Not many good asam laksa here that i know of. There is a mobile truck outside Giant Bandar Puteri Puchong, opens at night. Not too bad.

In fact, in that area (Bandar Puteri Puchong) there are also many other food outlets and restaurants. the popular Tangkak Beef noodle has an outlet there.

P  2c3e50 small

Lynnette, I went to Secret Loc to try. Agree with u, food taste good and generous portion. Crowded even at 3pm.

Any terrific seafood places to recommend, people?

P  2c3e50 small

Unique Seafood Section 13PJ ... very good variety of seafood but a bit pricy

Unique seafood is pricey, I came across Kali Little Restaurant in Klang on the web. Those crabs look good. Heard from my friends they serve HUGE crabs.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kali-Little-Restaurant-%E5%8A%A0%E5%88%A9/380805041996311?pnref=story

Dianelynn.86 small

@PNK OMG yea my cousin has been asking me to go try the Sungei Way BKT as well!!! I haven't gotten around to it yet!! And I know right!! I love Secret Loc!! I actually find it really fascinating that the place is always full regardless of the time!! @_@

@imronaldsoo yea please let me know if you can find any good Asam Laksa in KL also!! The only place I eat Asam Laksa now is when I go to Penang! T_______T

@Zara_Yeow That really depends on how far you want to travel! If you don't mind driving to Sekinchan, it's about 1.5 hours away, there is so MUCH seafood there!! And so CHEAP!! Went there for Christmas, went on a seafood binge for two days, put on so much weight I looked like ham chim peng, then, got food poisoning and lost 2kg by the time I got back to KL. Awesome or what!! Had fish, mee hoon with crab, squid, vege, lala, some other kind of shellfish you need to dig out with a fork and another dish, below RM100. Can't remember exact price.

Another good place is Kuala Selangor! Erm.. can't remember name of restaurant, I think it's Jeti Seafood restaurant. You can buy freshly caught fish if you go there in the afternoon also! And further up the road from the direction you drive in, there's a pau shop also that sells really good paus!

If you don't want to travel so far, then try Klang! Someone recommended me Bolton, but I haven't tried yet! Erm... the rest that I know are near the ports, not sure what's the name. @_@

P  2c3e50 small

The one mentioned by Lynnette is probably in Pasir Penambang. Slightly further drive after Kuala Selangor, near the river. There are a few seafood restaurants there, another one is River View if i remember correctly.

Lynette I think u meant Boston in Klang not Bolton, I heard friends recommending that also. But need to wait very long! Unless go later like 930/10pm.

Pic small

Went to Teluk Gong Coconut Flower Garden for seafood on last Saturday, my group of friends are supposed to go to another place unfortunately the place is closed. 

Food is just so so, but comparing the pricing in KL town, still reasonable. not to mentioned the "Coconut Flower Wine" that is still selling like hot cake

Pic small

Not sure anyone had tried this bamboo meal before... (yes everything is prepared inside the bamboo - Wan Xiang Coffee Shop)

Feedback from friend is that it is something special as all your seafood, rice and so on is prepared inside the bamboo itself. 

The unfortunate part is that, tons of queue, and only available on Sunday... and the Queue is very very long!

【万香茶餐室】
地址:12a lorong batu nilam 27a, bandar bukit tinggi,41200 Klang,selangor.
营业时间:晚上6:00到10:00,
预订电话联络:0162583338,01133817040,0163138555  

Starcity logo small

wow looks good, will make my time on Sunday to go with my family hehe =)

omg @imronaldsoo, looking at what you commented now during lunch time is a wrong move! LOL

P  2c3e50 small

thanks Ronald, those food in the pictures look great! will definitely try the bamboo thingy....  

i have tried Teluk Gong Coconut Flower Garden, agree with u, food not that fantastic but price is good. a bit too far also

James bond craig junio2006 small

Puchong, Uptown Damansara, Damansara Jaya and KL area are like the food haven!

P  2c3e50 small

In Damansara Uptown, try the Ratha curry house. Famous for their fish head curry. Their mutton curry goes very well with roti canai. Originated from Raub, my hometown!

http://www.bangsarbabe.com/2014/03/ratha-raub-damansara-uptown.html

L  2c3e50 small

I have tried Boston in Klang before, not that bad. But need to wait for quite some times. I went at around 8 that time and only by around 9.30 we have our food up on table.

P  2c3e50 small

There are also other Boston branches, are the food there good? I remember there is one in 32 Square PJ.

061  img 5963 small

Sri Hartamas - Naughty Nuri's (pork ribs)

Mont Kiara - Korean cuisine (one of the many - Mr Dakgalbi)

Pudu - Street food

Klang - Wing Heong Bak Kut Teh

Uptown Damansara - Famous Hokkien Mee

Ara Damansara (Pacific Place) - Sisters Char Kuay Teow

Puchong - Pork Nasi Lemak @ Old School Cafe

Subang Jaya SS14 - Fried Asam Laksa @ Well Cook Gourmet (you won't be able to find it anywhere else)

Subang Jaya SS15 - Pork Burger @ Burgertory

Damansara Kim - Famous Fish Head Noodle (milky soup) 

Paramount PJ - Chicken Rice @ Kong Sai

Bandar Menjalara, Kepong - Roast Duck + Char Siew @ D'Champion Duck

P  2c3e50 small

Ara Damansara (Pacific Place) - Sisters Char Kuay Teow. Is this similar to the Penang one or just the same name?? 

L  2c3e50 small

I'm not sure with other branches of Boston. I just know the one in Klang. Didn't heard before that they have other branches as well. 

Fried Asam Laksa is good too! Worth paying a visit if you haven't try before!! :D

Pic small

there is one Nasi Lemak @ Kg Baru (inside the school) only operate after school close.. i cant remember the place, been there once and not sure whether still operating or not.

Pic small

@WanLing Fried Asam Laksa @ which area?

P  2c3e50 small

Nam Seng Bak Kut Teh at Old Klang Road. Nice, clear soup. The way they "slice" the meat is very special makes it taste even better. Was there in the last weekend.

L  2c3e50 small

@RonaldSoo the one in SS14.. :)

The fried laksa @WanLing mentioned is at - Well Cooked Gourmet ss14 Subang Jaya, I can walk there from where I stay!

@Mag, There is a Naughty Nuri's at Subang Courtyard d! (Previously known as First Subang)

Pic small

@WanLing @Zara_Yeow Thank you so much... will definitely visit that area...

Pic small

What about Chicken Rice? 

Any recommendation?

Pic small

Roast Duck @ SEA Park also quite nice ....

Kith   kin   freeman woo   kith and kin   photo by all is amazing small

Char Kuay Teow - Damansara Perdana 8888 restaurant 

Chicken Rice - S11 restaurant 

Hakka Ba jang - Kota Damansara Traditional Recipe Restaurant

P  2c3e50 small

the pioneer Jalan Gasing Ipoh chicken rice....

Ronald, is it Sunrise roast duck in Seapark?? I once brought 2 pinoy friends there, 3 of us finished the whole duck! 

My favourite chicken rice is ah Kar Heong SS14 Subang Jaya. Their chili sauce mou dak ding! @imronaldsoo

061  img 5963 small

I am particular and fussy about my Chicken Rice. The only ONE I really like is Kong Sai @ Bandar Puteri Puchong or Paramount - http://www.j2kfm.com/kong-sai-restaurant-paramount-garden/

P  2c3e50 small

Any reco for good dim sum??

L  2c3e50 small

There is a nice dim sum in Puchong called Foo Hing. Their Portuguese tart is superb!! :)

061  img 5963 small

I used to go Jin Xuan for dimsum until I found Foo Hing @ Puchong. Personally, I feel Jin Xuan is over-priced and not everything nice. Try Foo Hing @ Puchong, most of their items very nice and they handmade everything themselves. Some dimsum places, they get from supplier or frozen ones.

P  2c3e50 small

Thanks for the reco, i will go and try tomorrow.

Starcity logo small

Kong Mah Restaurant@Sungai Buloh New Village

The dim sum here not bad reasonable price =)

http://venoth.blogspot.my/2013/03/restoran-kong-mah-kampung-baru-sungai.html

P  2c3e50 small

My children like the Portugese tart in Foo Hing very much! Dim sum is quite expensive Rm5-6 per plate..

061  img 5963 small

@ppnnkk2011, yup one of the best Portuguese tarts ever (Malaysian standard). Is it? I thought it was cheaper than Jin Xuan. 

P  2c3e50 small

Actually the price is more or less the same. Many people said the best Jin Xuan is the one in Kuchai Lama... not sure, i haven't been to that outlet yet

Pic small

@PNK yes Sunrise roast duck, and i believe during CNY season a few days before ... the shop will be pack with people ordering again...

Pic small

talking about DimSum, there is one more shop which i love to bring people to visit (not a classy one) inside Taman Muda Cheras (the uniqueness of this dim sum shop is that) they will only steam the item you ordered (not re-heat or pre-steam) 

thus making it quite fresh, plus the Char-Siew-Bao is very delicious... the name i cant recall it is somewhere opposite the store (corner lot where next to it is one whole row of Malay food store)

061  img 5963 small

@imronaldsoo, personally I didn't like the Sunrise Roast Duck. If you like Roast Duck try De Champion Duck at Taman Menjalara, Kepong. You will love it. - http://www.bangsarbabe.com/2010/03/de%E2%80%99-champion-duck-bandar-menjalara.html / http://www.vkeong.com/de-champion-duck-medan-putra-business-centre-bandar-menjalara/

Pic small

@mag ..thanks for the sharing... copied this down and it is in my "To Do" list after CNY :)

@Mag, u r such a foodie! Lol

P  2c3e50 small

CNY time... where is the best lou sang???

L  2c3e50 small

I think you can go and try Sek Yuen Restaurant in Jalan Pudu. I heard that their Yee Sang is using natural ingredients and they cook all their dishes using charcoal.

Dianelynn.86 small

@WanLing oh yes yes!! The Sek Yuen restaurant is VERY GOOD!! You must try their Peking duck... I normally don't eat duck at all, until I tried their Peking duck! Now it's the only one I eat!! The one where they pour hot oil on it until it's cooked! And, and and, their specialty cold chicken is really good too! And their Kao Yoke! And their vege fried with siew yoke! And, and.... actually all their food is good! But if you want to go, try going at 5.30. Don't go at 6+ or you'll end up waiting about 1.5 - 2 hours for your food. Been there done that!

I tried a new Korean food place that day in Kota Damansara at Gangnam 88 Cafe (http://www.gangnam88.net/bbs/board.php?bo_table=z2_01) it is SO FREAKING GOOD!!!!! I got their set with kimchi, barbecue pork, and I can't remember what else, ate like a pig and absolutely LOVED IT!!! :DD

P  2c3e50 small

Always pass by Sek Yuen, but hardly go there. Where to park the car if want to go to the restaurant??

I think Gangnam88 is nice too! Not superbly nice but decent for me :)

L  2c3e50 small

Haven't try Gangnam 88 before. But I know that there is one Korean BBQ named Sae Ma Eul - which located at Solaris Mont Kiara and Jaya One is quite nice! They have this spicy rice ball is quite nice!!

Pic small

emmm... sounds yummy.... 

what about nice nyonya kueh in klang valley area 

P  2c3e50 small

Lousy hawker food stalls everywhere also full today.... some still on CNY holiday not many options available. Thought of eating bread to avoid the crowd and try to have healthy brunch after a week of food fest... Massimo bread also OOS!

Pic small

Lou Shang all depends on what you prefer to Lou with...

Some like to put Abalone - but personally i find it a bit weird combining abalone with lou shang... 

some like to put Salmon (and many restaurant i tried the salmon is not fresh end up stomach ache)

some like to put jelly fish... i personally prefer jelly fish...

you can try the Restaurant Good Taste in Taman Connaught behind baskin robin 

Kate chew small

I love Leong's Kitchenette's fried porridge - http://www.vkeong.com/leongs-kitchenette-usj21-subang-jaya/. That was when I discovered fried porridge and I love it! Any other recommendation for places that serve fried porridge?

Dianelynn.86 small

@Kate Chew Yea!!! There's another one in Klang, Waze for "Restaurant Bubur Goreng" and the address should be "32 Lorong Lang, Klang". It's my absolute favourite!! There's like yao yu, inside, yam, thin slices of pork, he bi, and LOADS of chi yao cha!! I super super love that place!!! Hmmm..... maybe I should go there for dinner tonight! ^_^

@Ronald Soo Yea!! Jellyfish for the win!! I love jellyfish toooo!!! 

@ppnnkk2011 Completely agree!! Tried going out for dinner that night in Kayu Ara, restaurant told me that waiting period for a TABLE is ONE HOUR!!! That doesn't even include waiting for FOOD!!! Went to another one in SS2, lucky it wasn't so bad and price was reasonable too! Had a steamed cod fish, chai choi, sizzling plate taufu and fried frog (all were delicious!) and price was only RM138.

On Chor 7 went to another place in PJ Old town, named Restaurant Garden Seafood Restaurant. Ordered one kangkung belacan, one cheng chao choy sam, one sizzling taufu and one small ham yu fa lam po. That's like 2 green veges, one taufu and one pork. RM79!!! Never going back there again!

P  2c3e50 small

Actually the "yee sang" is just a "ceremonial thing" to do ... selection of restaurant should focus more of the other food in the package

Pic small

@ppnnkk2011 Mr Pan, if you are free do visit restaurant good taste at tmn connaught, there are some delicious stuff there :) as the chef was a chef that work in Overseas Restaurant Ipoh, for more than decades before he decided to open his own small restaurant... (avoid weekend though)

Pic small

Happen to spot a Waff Wagon @ Bandar Tun Hussein Onn nearby AEON Big.

Something quite special though and it cost only RM 5 (not so expensive as compared to those other branded stuff) 

P  2c3e50 small

Today I bought some portugese tarts from Foo Hing for my children again, they said "it is the best in the world"...

P  2c3e50 small

Thanks Ronald for the recommendation but i hardly go to Cheras. If i go there, i will definitely try it out.

WOW Ronald, the Waffwagon definitely looks GOOD!!!

Pic small

@ppnnkk2011 Mr Pan, this Waffwagon roam around in whole KL, as they operate from a Truck. they were in puchong, and pj before... 

happened i bump into them this round :)

Kate chew small

Lynnette, thanks for the recommendation. 

For seafood lover, I am sure you heard of Lala Chong at Kayu Ara? Had dinner last weekend over there, service is horrible and the food standard has dropped tremendously. Not to mention it's very expensive too. We ordered food for about 13 pax and the bill came up to RM700!!! About RM50 per person WITHOUT CRABS. Just fish, prawns, chicken and the usuals. It's ridiculous. The reason why we didn't order crabs was because it's RM98 per kg!!!

P  2c3e50 small

Any good suggestion for the weekend???

Kar Hiong Restaurant in ss18 Subang Jaya, they serve tasty Chinese food at reasonable prices. I always go for the Sambal Belacan Paku Pakis, their mui choi zhu yoke is also not bad. Actually everything also not bad! For drinks I like their pumpkin barley!

Pic small

Paku Pakis sound delicious... will try this over the weekend.

Btw anyone come across nice Desert (any kind of sweet desert, be it chinese / western) in KL?

061  img 5963 small

Just discovered this new cafe - http://eatdrinkkl.blogspot.my/2015/04/flingstones-cafe-brewyard-coffee-ss15.html. Their pork fried rice, pork nasi lemak or breakfast set not bad.

Andana small

@imronaldsoo depending whether you're craving for one during the day or night, regardless of price factor. during day, you can go to ss15 rojak area near KFC. there you will be killing 2+1 birds with one stone as the rojak you makan will be comforted by the cendol sold next door. by +1, another indian fried kuihs (eg: vadai, samosa) can complement the rojak that you're ordering when you think the rojak portion is insufficient. give it a try!

@imronaldsoo, when it comes to tongsui, the 1st thing that comes to mind is KTZ SS2 (记得食). If I crave for something more westernized, I will do Alexis at Bangsar for cakes, or Donutes SS15 to chill with all kinds of pastries and coffee. 

L  2c3e50 small

Tiramisu in Alexis is superb!!

I love their Pavlova!!

P  2c3e50 small

Going for the popular and tasty "lou" duck rice in PJ statefor dinner. Teo chew style. U should try this.... from 5-9pm only

Property pentagon 2.fw small

Shah alam hicom area, those food are tasty. chasiew with honey 

@ppnnkk2011, where is the lou duck rice exactly and whats the name???

L  2c3e50 small

@ppnnkk2011 is it the one called Kam Heong opposite MPBJ?

Pic small

Kam Heong opposite MPBJ tried it... it was nice :)

Pic small

There is 3 branches for MAIU, tried all three only found that the one in Sri Petaling taste much better compared to the one in Mahkota Cheras ....

It is eat all you can Japanese Buffet. (RM 48++ per pax) 

Booking is required as it is packed with tons of people.

For Sri Petaling Branch it is located in Jalan Radin Anum 2
 (Tel: 03-90575017)

P  2c3e50 small

Kam Heong Stewed Duck Rice. No.8, Jalan Tengah, 47300 Petaling Jaya. Situated in the shops surrouding the Menara MBPJ building...

OH!! I TRIED BEFORE the stewed duck! haha silly me, i forgotten.

Pic small

there was this plan in Klang that they sell nice big giant Crab... am getting the location and photo from my friend .... 

But i heard those super big crab the meat is not so tender and nice wor....

Pic small

@Zara_Yeow   

Zara, it depends on how the chef cook it, two palm size... 

P  2c3e50 small

Any recommendation for good hokkien mee? I'm familiar with the one in Jalan 222 and the one behind Tawakal hospital.

Starcity logo small
P  2c3e50 small

Jojo, it's in Sunway Mas not Sentul. Ok not too far can go and try...

P  2c3e50 small

At the same place, there is this Seremban Food shop selling very nice char siew and hakka noodle. I heard someone said the owner is a PHD holder....

Tips: the place can be very crowded after church service on Sunday. Rest day on Tues.

P  2c3e50 small

Going for Kwong Sai Chai for dinner tonight... supporting Raubians. Owner of the restaurant is from Sg. Ruan!!!!

For Hokkien mee, I like Damansara Uptown's one, same row as Perodua I think. - 117, Jalan SS 21/37, Damansara Utama, 47400 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia

If I happen to be in One Utama, I would go to Oriental Cravings, few foors away from HSBC Bank. Their Hokkien mee is good, as well as other oriental food!!

Pic small

What about Ribs?

Any good recommendation?

Andana small

@imronaldsoo if it is about pork ribs, either Morganfield's or Naughty Nuri's.

P  2c3e50 small

Benjis at Happy Mansion Block A, PJ Section 17

Pic small

@shihjin Tried Morganfield's pork ribs last couple of weeks but seems that the quality is just so so... worst than Tony Roma's Orchard Branch (Singapore), not sure whether it is due to the overwhelming crowd. (At first, I thought they are just merely a fastfood company, the moment you place your order, the food is being served in less than 15minutes)

For Naughty Nuri's I did tried the one in Capitol Plaza Singapore, but yet to try the one in Desa Sri Hartamas... will probably drop by this week or next.

Pic small

@ppnnkk2011 Mr Pan, Benji's quality .... a bit different compared to when they first opened... the last i tried was half year ago and stop going there anymore....

Naughty Nuri's got one outlet in ss15 courtyard! I love their ribbbbs

Pic small

@Zara_Yeow ... oh if that is the case... i should try the SS15 branch first :)

P  2c3e50 small

May be the old man at Benjis is getting old...

Own dp small

SS2 Toast and Roast. Only got 1 row of shoplot and its famous for the Char Siew. Trust me, It's really tasty.

@imronaldsoo Oh and happy hour starts after 9pm at ss15's Naughty Nuri's.. Hehehee

Pic small

@Zara_Yeow Tried Naughty Nuri's at SS15 branch... without booking you could hardly queue for a seat over the weekend...

food overall taste much better comparing to Morganfield's 

Img 1152 small

Guys, guys! I've just discovered a new nasi lemak place!! If you love nasi lemak, please go to Restaurant Warisan Sambal Opah in USJ, Subang!! 

Oh, and if you want to eat some old fashioned lou shi fan, go to Pudu Wai Sek Kai in the morning. There's only one shop there opened selling noodles. Their lou shi fan is home made, and the texture is simply AMAZING! But you must go early in the morning, like reach there by 8am, otherwise it'll be finished.

P  2c3e50 small

Yes, long queue every night at Warisan Sambal Opah (at USJ9). For man, u definitely need more than 1 packet of nasi lemak. They have various delicious dishes for u to choose to compliment with your nasi lemak. The dishes can be quite pricey.

Where exactly is Pudu wai sek kai? any official road name or GPS code?

Pic small

Pudu Wai Sek Kai --> Is it the one near to UOB and Maybank jln Pudu (there is an ally walkway)??

Img 1152 small

The morning noodles shop name is Chun Kee Hakka Noodles, and @ppnnkk2011 this is the GPS location! MUST TRY!! :D https://www.google.com/maps/place/3%C2%B008'06.0%22N+101%C2%B042'46.5%22E/@3.134988,101.7107273,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x0!8m2!3d3.134988!4d101.712916

@Ronald Soo Yes yes! That's the one! :D If you go there at night, you MUST try the Sotong Bakar thinghy, it's really pricey and spicy though, like RM20+ I think, but it's WORTH IT!!! I always queue up for it! And if you like pork pepper soup, this place is GREAT for it as well!! The queue for the fried chicken is always long, but the one time I tried it, I didn't really like it.

Pic small

Went to a terrific Vietnamese restaurant which is operated by Vietnamese family in Taman Tun Perak, the food is terrific and price is extremely reasonable compared to other commercialize Vietnamese shop around, not to mentioned that there isn't much MsG that can be detected. The taste of the food is exactly like those famous road ride store in Hanoi city.

And the other unique part of this store is that it comes with a small Vietnamese grocery store, those of you who likes Trung Nguyen Coffee as well as Chin Su Chilli Sauce, you do not have to purposely travel to Hanoi to stock up your item :)

Store address is per below:
Restaurant Vietnamese Jie
1-1, Jalan Tun Perak, Taman Tun Perak, 43200 Cheras, Selangor.

Own dp small

Looks very good for the Vietnamese food. How's the price range like?

Ronald, oh yeah the crowd is overwhelming at Naughty Nuri's, try to go on weekdays! I normally go for dinner then happy hour straight hehehehe.

Pic small

@JLean much cheaper than the normal Vietnamese restaurant .... 

Pic small

Add on: Highly Recommend Half-baked Cheese Tart

Not sure whether you had tried Half-baked Cheese Tart, photo as also fresh from oven (just taken not long ago)

Selling at RM3.80 per piece and RM20 per box of 6 
the order queue is terrible and you have to really wait for it, and guess what, once finished, you have to come on the next fresh bake session (12noon and 5pm) 

best of all, people who ordered, normally buy in boxes of 3 to 6 at a go instead of 1 piece.

I bought 1 box back together with my friend and to my surprise, it tasted quite well.

Contact Details per below:

Happy Happy Bread Bakery
Mon - Sun 6am - 10pm
Address: 285, Jalan Berjaya 10, Taman Berjaya, 43000 Kajang, Selangor.
GPS: 2.984111, 101.778709

Since the publishing of this thread till now, I have put on a significant amount of weight. -.-

Andana small

@imronaldsoo wow ronald, that is an auto-win photo for marketing purpose haha! looking forward to try it. hopefully the texture of cheese is like cheese cake kind.

H  16a085 small

Goon Wah XO Fish Head noodle @ Kuchai Lama for claypot Lou shu Fun and chicken Wings. 

Seng Kee @ Jalan Sultan for Siew Yok noodles.

Village Sang Nyuk Noodle @ Kuchai Lama for Sang Nyuk (pork) noodles and Meat cake/roll  

Across the street from Sri Kota at Brickfields, there are few tiny shops, the 2nd one from Sri Kota side serves pretty good fresh plain Nasi Lemak (only in the mornings). I dont think theres a signboard, all i can remember is its a married couple running the shop and the wife has some missing fingers.

Outside YMCA at Kl Sentral for Char Kuey Teow. IMO, the Kuey Teow here tastes better than all of the ones ive tasted in Penang so far. Across the street, in the corner theres also a shop with many stalls. You can see stalls for banana fritters and Soy Milk outside. Walk pass all that to the chinese couple selling Kuihs. I go there for their Wun Zai Kou, one of the best ive had. Pretty decent tapioca kuih too.

Sin Kee @ KL Sentral serves good Steamed rice ( Mun Fan?). Dishes here are Generally good and reasonably priced for its portion.

Sao Nam @ Bukit Bintang serves very good Viet Coffee. They sell ground beans too if i remember correctly. I came here for dinner once. Their dragron fruit salad was very good. The Pho sucked. Grilled lemongrass chicken noodle salad was decent, but overpriced. A pricey place to eat. Beware. 

Hakka Marble @ Taman Bukit Anggerik Cheras for their Hakka Abacus beads. Fried Asam Laksa was meh.

Chong Yen Steam Fish Head @ Chan Sow Lin for steamed fish head. Dark sauce and white sauce both good.  

Jalan Batu Ambar, Taman Kok Lian for Claypot chicken rice. Its a road side stall, next to the  main road. Lookout for lots of claypots, as I dont remember them having a signboard. haha.

061  img 5963 small

Adrian@hops, I agree with you on Goon Wah Fish Head Noodle being highly recommended. I just tried it for the first time few days ago. Love it! In fact, if you are a noodle person, you will love this place. Try their Claypot Lou Shu Fun, Fried Thong Fun, Fish Head Noodle, Cantonese Yee Mee and Guinness Fried Chicken. There's nothing there I don't find delicious at all :D  But the one I went to is not Kuchai Lama branch, it's the Damansara Jaya branch. Exactly the road across Atria Shopping Mall.

J  e67e22 small

OMG!! You guys are insane lolll @imronaldsoo bro i love this topic! 

Pic small

Not sure you guys tried this seafood platter before?

RM290 only at Seremban as stated in fb, if tried jor can share location and comment on the food quality?

Dsc 0423 small

Goon Wah XO Fish Head noodle @ Kuchai Lama for claypot Lou shu Fun and chicken Wings is very nice.
Avg Rm25 per person.

Pic small

Not sure whether you guys went to Hoi Tong Steamboat / Hot pan (Eat All you can) - Weekend at RM38 per pax only @ Serdang ...

Frequent patron for Hoi Tong since 5 years ago, and I still remember it first started off with RM28 per pax on weekdays, but as usual, no matter how much they charge, it is still value for money and there are tons of food that  you can cook with dual soup (chicken soup / Tom Yam) as well as pan fried it.

From Fish to Chicken, Pork, Beef, Mutton, Seafood, Ice Cream, you name it they have it... the photo are just a portion of food that we took on our table today, there are also tons of vegetable, black fungus, fish maw, etc...

海塘自助铁板火锅
Hoi Tong Steamboat Restaurant

Lot 12, Seri Kembangan Tambahan
43300 Seri Kembangan, Selangor
Malaysia

03-8943 6580

I just came back from New Wong Poh at Aman Suria for their butter crab, nyum nyummmm.

Now theres this hype on cheese-baked tarts eh... 

Pic small

@Zara_Yeow ya... cheese-baked tarts started in Kajang ... then now everybody see there is a huge profit of it, everybody is rushing into it... btw the butter crab got address ah.... would want to visit that place during my birthday on the 8 of July :)

J  e67e22 small

I think we probably need to create a food hunting group. Anyone ?

H  16a085 small

im keen for a meal or two if anyone else is. 

Img 0478 copy small

@zara_yeow, agree with you. Wong Poh serves the best butter crabs and salted egg crabs. Other dishes are good too. 

Last time there was a King Crab at Kelana Jaya, facing the Kelana LRT station. It was really really good too, but a bit on the expensive side. But they have closed down probably about a year ago. I wonder why. 

@HJ, closed down coz mahal la lol.

Great idea on food hunting trip, someone should organize!

But now everyone knows your birthday already Ronald hahahahhahaa

Pic small

Anyone in favor of Korean BBQ?
Duk Soo Ne is having their 11th Anniversary Promotion, whereby there are charging only RM 29.90 per pax for All you can Eat Korea BBQ Buffet.

Went there last week and the food quality is nice as usual :)

P  2c3e50 small

Durian season now ... where can we get the cheapest real musang king now??

Pic small

@ppnnkk2011 .... the eat all you can festival... you never join? RM 29.90 per pax... 1 hour max makan..

P  2c3e50 small

Ronald, I don't really fancy Korean food. Thanks.

Pic small

@ppnnkk2011 Mr Pan... The RM29.90 per pax is 1 hour eat all you can durian feast (organized by our government) not korea food...

Pic small

i saw in the star newspaper that the coupon is open for sale in SS2 durian store there... the location i cant remember already...

Pic small

For those of you who like Egg Tarts, this is another place I would recommend... It is located in Taman Muda Cheras.... 

On a normal hot sunny day, the queue is 3 store long... 

Pic small

Have any of you guys tried Marco Polo Restaurant @ 富臨門酒家 (Wisma Lim Foo Yong) before?

How is the food there? from Picture it looks delicious... would like to visit that place either this or next week.

Oooo Ronald is back, missing for some time already. Never tried Marco Polo before though.

P  2c3e50 small

Marco Polo, one of the oldest restaurant around. I would say the food is just average. Try their weekend buffet ... good value and lots of variety

C  d35400 small

Tai Chi Tart very nice

Kate chew small

What about dessert places??? I have sweet tooth. Hehe.

If you are a fan of waffles, I highly recommend Fluffed @ Paramount - http://www.bangsarbabe.com/2016/03/fluffed-cafe-dessert-bar-taman-paramount.html

If you are a fan of cakes, I highly recommend Rekindle @ Uptown or SS2 - http://www.rebeccasaw.com/rekindle-cafe-ss2-coffee-and-cakes-and-a-great-place-to-chill/

I love pancakes too, but I haven't found a place with the best pancakes before. Any recommendation, anyone?

L  2c3e50 small

Rekindle is really good! Also you can give a try for Swich Cafe which available in Atria Mall or Publika! Their Musang King Mud Pie is really good! :)

Image1  1  small

One of my fav is at Section 7, Shah Alam. Celdol & Laksa near Restoran Hakim (mamak) , worldwide @ 7 :)

Pic small

@kate_chew

what kind of desert? Cendol? Ice Kacang? or traditional chinese / english / malay desert that you would prefer... 

Pic small

@kate_chew

I found a nice chendol and ABC store plus they also sell Rojak (these are the 3 most famous stuff they sell) in the hot sunny afternoon @ Cheras Batu 11

As you can see the photo below, there are indeed many people queuing up for the food

Map Location as per below: 
https://www.google.com/maps?q=3.0477205,101.770176&z=17&hl=en

Pic small

Forgot to mention, the price of cendol is RM2 for one big bowl with lots of cendol in it and and ABC is is only RM2.50 with tons of jellies, beans, corn and of course the good old days condensed milk + gula melaka + rose syrup.

W  34495e small
This cendol truck is not bad too. Located at Sec 17 wet market. Opens around 12 pm.

Download small

Please go to try the Subang SS15 PAN MEE!!!!!

Pic small

Jason, SS15 Pan Mee which location? got full address ah? 

Not familiar with SS15 

i only know SS15 courtyard

3d4792f047b344cead4273c38c2a623a small

subang SS15 also got nice cendol and rojak, is near by the First Subang there 

(This post was removed by author)

Pic small

Sharing this nice small restaurant in Cheras Batu 11...

If you plan to have dinner with your family on weekend, I would suggest you go earlier as the place is always full, oh not to mentioned the price is quite cheap...

4 of us went for dinner last weekend, "Curry Fish Head, Double Fry Pork Ribs, Seafood ToFu Soup, Lo-Hon Vegetable" only cost us RM80+ 

Portion is quite big too.

Restaurant Shuang Long (Contact: 012-339-2388 / 012-671-5252)
Operation Hour: 4pm to 11.30pm
Address: No A232, Bt 11, Jalan Balokong Cheras, 43200 Kajang, Selangor.

P  2c3e50 small

If u like la mien chinese style, u can find it at LG Summit Subang Jaya. It is halal, operate by a chinese muslim from China.

As usual, China food is a bit on the salty side.

Pic small

If you like Chinese Dumpling, you will not want to miss this place, Restoran Kar Long Sdn Bhd (Near Jln Imbi), this place is famous for its China Northeastern Food.

Was revisiting this place with friends last week, and the price of the food is quite reasonable :)

Address: Jalan Pudu, 55100 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Pic small

Anyone of you guys encounter any Loh Mee that is as nice as those in Ulu Yam in Klang valley? (i mean those that taste alike, as there are many that sell Loh Mee in Klang Valley but most of it does not taste like those in Ulu Yam)

Img thing small

Not a fan of Loh Mee, Roland! :P

Does anyone like Pork Noodles and Tom Yum? Go to this restaurant called 'Like Mee', it's at One City along the shoplots outside. Their Tom Yum pork noodle is superb. Best Tom Yum I've ever had! And warning: it's super spicy!!!!

omg I love tomyummmmmm

Signature 28 logo  custom  small

Anyone from Johor here? Maybe can organise some sort of gathering over great food. 

Andana small

johor soon will have a lot of china food lol

Billing 123 small

Bobby say best food is cpm(Chilli Pan Mee) at USJ 9.

Signature 28 logo  custom  small

More China food? It is because I have heard news that Senai airport will have direct flights to ShenZhen soon... not by a budget airline though!

65648440 2406793556070448 9165628430648082432 o small

@imronaldsoo thanks for sharing