Computer
Kith   kin   freeman woo   kith and kin   photo by all is amazing small

Technology will take over agent?

SHARE THIS TOPIC

1380434 10201431210114979 1940676289 n small

I believe technology will not take over professional agent with experiences (at least for now), but it will slowly replace agents that don't provide quality services to their clients. Nowaday, people are willing to try new stuff that can help them, if technology able to help them rather than the agents, I think slowly they will choose a platform / technology that can help them rather than agent...You know, nowaday the agent's name quite busuk...-,-'' not all, i mean some...
Besides, rather questioning technology will take over agent, I think agents should adapt and change to catch up the trends. 

Screen shot 2016 01 21 at 8.27.17 pm small

One day it might, that is why everyone needs to buck up and polish up from time to time.

P  2c3e50 small

it is already happening...

A  c0392b small

Its hello Uber.

Work small

Some day in the future yes. Most of the job will replace by tech. But not so soon. did traffic light replace traffic police? Even Uber also need driver and cant drive car automatically.

Ivy s cover photo small

Yes or No? You still need someone to be there to open the door and answer the queries. 

A  c0392b small

Uber also need a driver whattt...., but not necessary a "taxi driver". It just connects most drivers to passengers.  

Screen shot 2016 01 21 at 8.27.17 pm small

@Aack2001 u got a point there!

K  2c3e50 small

Everyone needs to buck up or face extinction and become obsolete. Hello Nokia. Disrupters are everywhere and for good reason. Why should we settle for less?

Pic small

(This post was removed by author)

Pic small

Uber looking to Buy Driverless and Automated Car
http://www.androidheadlines.com/2016/03/uber-looking-to-buy-driverless-automated-cars.html

Pic small

but i am guessing it might happened faster in the West than the East :)

Pic small

For Example: not sure whether you guys heard about Speedrent.com 

Formed by a group of 5 team members, this is to connect the owner and tenant and bypassing the agents one way or another. And recently they even launched speedsign (digitally signed tenancy agreement) for the owner and tenant.

Motive is not bad, they just wanted to introduce owner directly to tenant helping the owner to save on commission and hassle of engaging agents to do their work. 

But come to think about it, if you are a customer with tons of property, would you prefer to manage all these rental and ads yourself or you would rather just have it outsource to a professional agent to do it for you?

K  2c3e50 small

key operative word here is "PROFESSIONAL". Sadly, many agents are not.

Work small

That is because many are just " brokers" but not " Agents or Negotiators". 

Just like you loan from bank or you loan from illegal ah long. 

20150718 155748 small

Not now but it will someday

K  2c3e50 small

not true, @yunsyn, today, all negotiators need to be registered. So it is up to the public to only engage with registered negotiators and not any fly-by-night broker

Work small

Not sure which part of "not true" about my comment. You are saying a lot Agents are not professional. And i'm point out that actually those "Agents" you referring are actually "Brokers"   most of them.

If you prefer engage with any fly-by-night brokers then ofcause dont be surprise for meet up some not professional.

K  2c3e50 small

sorry @yunsyn, my mistake - misread your comment. Agree with you

Pic small

my trainer once told me, Illegal brokers are like cockroaches and cockroaches never die.

K  2c3e50 small

hahahahahahaaa, good one. They DO die - Baygon, Shieldtox, Fumakilla, whatever, just spray kaw kaw!!

Pic small

@kevlos if you chop the cockroaches head ... they still can survive for another 9 days....

James bond craig junio2006 small

Errrr, I think we still need real human to sell our houses. Not unless there's robots who can do the exact :P

Pic small

Agree with James, but urging the public to engage Licensed Agents instead

1607678577947 small

For subsale property i don't think technology can substitute negotiator as it still requires negotiation stage in the process of closing a deal.

Own dp small

It depends of what kind of services. Besides that, now many can just use a smartphone to do miracles. Technology is growing so do startup companies.

P  2c3e50 small

Technology is great ... but human touch will make the difference. The industry should make full use of technology to progress.

Jonathan de ho half body small

Technology is actually great 

It didnt take over agent

It actually helps agent if agent move along with the technology

Cant do anything as market change fast. So do agent need to adjust to the environment fast

Img 5409 small

Technology brings a lot of advantages not only for agents also customers. With the right technology, it helps agents to reach wider customer base. Just like property website, it helps agent to get the potential customers, and customers also can know more information about the property with spending to much too time to visit all property one by one. 

Signature 28 logo  custom  small

Eventually yes, as more and more people embrace Smartphones. Just like how Uber and Grab is taking over conventional taxis on the road. Heard it will possible to book a Motorbike in the busy cities to avoid the traffic jam . 

Kith   kin   freeman woo   kith and kin   photo by all is amazing small

Or can say technology enhance property agent? 

I would say property agents have more tools to their disposals... they need to provide more professional and value added services.

Take for instance, nowadays i think majority of Agents use WhatsApp to communicate with the owners/tenants who are tech savvy with their smartphone. Else it will be the traditional method of meeting up, phone calls or SMS, which is not as efficient.

J  d35400 small

Possible! Sell or biding a property online :-) 

I will say it wont. But will provide stiff competition. This happens in US. Its the service that matter that time. 

Stiffer competition where Agent need to differentiate themselves by offering value added services which other cannot match! 24 hours on call services or maybe after transaction full support even after "commission" received?. :^) Lol

I dont agree on 24 hours on call services. For me that's not respecting the agent. I dont see an urgency on call agent in the midnight for house matter, not like insurance  agent that need urgency. After sales service is never a problem and shouldnt be problem. 

Own dp small

Most importantly, we get the services offered and details we are enquiring for without wasting both agent and buyers time. Cut short the misunderstanding and make it more transparent.

Will technology take over the process of signing and stamping of Rental Agreement between Owner and Tenant?

65648440 2406793556070448 9165628430648082432 o small

@freemanwoo thanks for sharing