Kith   kin   freeman woo   kith and kin   photo by all is amazing small

If you are a buyer or tenant,  what do you expect from your agent?

SHARE THIS TOPIC

L  2c3e50 small

Of course is the services provided. Even if they can't find us a property unit that meets our requirements, but the most basic is good services and attitude. :)

20150527 023646 1 small

Responsive & responsible

Starcity logo small

Responsive, sensitive, responsible

Screen shot 2016 01 21 at 8.27.17 pm small

One who is able to empathize  (really understand my needs and tries his/her best to fulfill), responsible, responsive. 

James bond craig junio2006 small

Real Estate Agent should not be someone who just bring property buyers to view the house, close the deal and his job is done. Unfortunately, most Malaysian Agents define their job scope as that. It would really make a difference if the agent can go the extra mile and provide a professional service to the owner or buyer. Sometimes, owner and buyer might need certain kind of advice too regarding the area of the property or the property in general. And sadly many agents I met are not very equipped with the knowledge of the property / area. And also sadly after the S&P agreement is being signed, their job is done. It shouldn't be that way. They are being paid commission not just to show buyers the unit. 

Yes, and of course a responsible, responsive, professional and helpful character is what every owner / buyer would look for in a real estate agent. 

K  f39c12 small

Responsibility

C  1abc9c small

Sometimes agent is depend on the leader and the agency how to train their agent.I believe that still have many professional agent outthere  

20170514 115059 small

Some of my owners and tenants/buyers told me that being responsive (thus easy to communicate) and helpful is why they prefer one agent to another. 

Mtxx 20220221174543 mr1650848230340 small

responsibility and follow up every step even after signing SPA till the buyer get the key from seller

K  2c3e50 small

reporting and updating on marketing activities, number of viewings, feedback, market update. Too many agents don't care about any of these. As a seller in a weak market, I want to know what is going on so that I can adjust my price accordingly.

Mtxx 20220221174543 mr1650848230340 small

Yes you are right and seller is much appreciated on this action from us. At least seller know what's going on to their unit.

K  2c3e50 small

I wonder how many agents actually track each viewing and record what the feedback or outcome was. We need agents to be more professional and conduct their services better so that there can be better results. Cannot just keep advertise, advertise advertise and view view view only. Surely we can do better than that! So much technology available at our fingertips now, no more excuse. 

Kith   kin   freeman woo   kith and kin   photo by all is amazing small

Do they just think we only want earn their commission? 

File 000 small

I think we must do things professionally instead. 

K  2c3e50 small

@freemanwoo, i have the feeling that many really only want to earn commission wihtout having to put in much hard work. It is very irritating.

K  2c3e50 small

@leonk, with the manifold tools available these days, it is laziness or unwillingness to embrace progress that keeps us locked in the past. I have had the opportunity to come across one agent who prepares an investment portfolio of sorts for his prospects for every property he shows. Impressive. But, have not come across an agent who regularly and systematically updates marketing and viewing results. Then again, not that I have that many properties to start off with in the first place, so my interactions with agents are quite limited.

2   copy small

Polite, Hardworking, Integrity and provide good services agents

Pic small

Oh I kena a few times, buyer or even owner expect agent to provide their service all free of charge, from fetching them to buy stuff to arranging contractor, monitoring contractor activity and renovation, helping them on defect warranty claim, fetch them to lawyer office, fetch them to shopping mall to get stuff for the contractor and so on too

Pic small

and not to mentioned with the implementation of GST... many owner refuse to pay GST for rental or even sales comm and wanted agent to absorb this themselves

C  8e44ad small

Ronald your description sound like agent is a prostitute...kena rape by owner gao gao >_<

C  8e44ad small

Totally agree with you..but what is your expectation for agent after both parties signed SPA? 

E  1abc9c small

after sign spa, will be randomly follow up for the bank status and the progress of the whole transaction, and key handover if seller, lawyer firm or new owner request to do so. Since this will be our potential case to help new owner let it out or for sale as well.

P  2c3e50 small

Expectation of agents - professional, knowledgeable, honest and good customer service....

K  2c3e50 small

just like some agents provide subpar services, some owners deserve two tight slaps. This mentality of squeezing RM1.50 of services for every RM1.00 spent is really outdated and totally unprofessional. @imronaldsoo, I empathise with you. Maybe a casual word to the owner/buyer about the limitations on the scope of services you provide while informing that additional come with extra costs?

20150527 023646 1 small

@iamronaldsoo........... you did all that without asking additional fee? how much is the said property worth/transacted that warrants you offer all those you described?

Pic small

@carmenfoong 

I did those when I was still a newbie in the market... apparently the owner happened to be a Senior Real Estate Negotiator... but nowadays.... I would normally just walk off from those deal...

Own dp small

To me, I'm a newbie to this and don't know much on how the market works for the RENs. Would really prefer someone who can direct me, advice, be responsive, and responsible on what he/she selling to customer. Doesn't mean a low cost apartment or SOHO is not a money right compares to million ringgit houses. You don't just walk away and disappear once you get your customer to sign the LOO right!!!

20150527 023646 1 small

@iamronaldsoo ... good for you !

Own dp small

Guys, just a quick simple question. Just want to know when you gonna get the property you see from the agent recommended, do I have to pay for the agent fees? Or the owner will bear it?

Owner bear lor as i know @JLean

Jonathan de ho half body small

Depends on which state actually. Some state such as Johor and Penang practice different

@jdh oh good to know coz i didnt know hehee

Jonathan de ho half body small

Haha now u know :)

If not mistaken its half pay by owner half by buyer

Starcity logo small

In Penang, agent collect 1% from owner and another 1% from buyer. If I'm not mistaken. 

K  2c3e50 small

Penang real cowboy town. Little respect for rule of law. All keen on lowest cost only, regardless of whether the "agent" is legal or just an ah ee who has spare time on her hands

65648440 2406793556070448 9165628430648082432 o small

@freemanwoo good sharing