Snap taringa
Pic small

Wanted to check with your floor, whats your opinion with regards to 24 hour self service laundromat?

Would this be the next business trend? 

How do you perceive the ROI? 

I have a few prominent place nearby University Campus that 24hours laundromat yet to open there.

SHARE THIS TOPIC

P  2c3e50 small

This is one of the fastest growing franchise business in Malaysia lately. if the location is in campus, should be good.

L  2c3e50 small

This kind of shop is now getting into trend! I think the best place will be in campus, and also neighbourhood. I noticed some "foreigners" will use this service as well.

Screen shot 2016 01 21 at 8.27.17 pm small

I used to run a nail parlour where we use a lot of towels for servicing. Then I go to these 24 hour self service laundry to wash these dirty towels =X 

I always go to CleanPro. I think its a viable business especially to capture students and room/house tenants who have no access to using washing machines.

Okay, my one time wash will cost RM10.50 (RM6.50 for hot water washing, RM4 for dryer). I wash approximately once a week, one month RM42. Actually kinda expensive haha. 

I have a friend who runs a huge laundry factory that services major hotels and restaurants. He told me the cost to open one express laundry like this will cost no where less than RM200k (and he has all the jalan and lobang to get cheaper machines), well that was before GST, now you agak agak lah haha.

061  img 5963 small

Actually I think 24-hours self-service laundrette is a very good amenity in any neighbourhood, especially for students area. Near my office the Parklane Commercial Hub, there's a couple of self-service laundrette and it looks quite busy most of the time. It's because there are Kelana D'Putera and Kelana Puteri right across with a lot of students living there. I think it's a great business model too. Not sure about the maintenance though. 

P  2c3e50 small

To increase sales, should also install a few drinks or snack vending machines. Malaysian likes to snack while waiting...

061  img 5963 small

Yea good idea. OR collaborate with a cafe next door / in the laundrette :D

L  2c3e50 small

In overseas (eg Denmark), there is a concept of laundrette cafe. People can eat and drink while waiting for their laundry to be done! Very good concept! And these cafes are always nicely designed! 

N  1abc9c small

There are good location and very new building (CF February 2016) just next to University & College without self-service of Laundrette, cafe, printing and stationary, restaurant and many businesses can be consider at this location. Any info pls don't hesitate to contact 012-229 6268

65648440 2406793556070448 9165628430648082432 o small

thank you for good sharing