Starting this discussion topic based on a couple of request :D

Which property developer have you come across which is a bad paymaster or bad reputation? Any experiences to share?

I've dealt with Mah Sing before and based on my experience, they are quite good. They stick to the 30 days credit term and paid in time. But I've heard from some property agents saying that they are quite slow. Is it true?

SHARE THIS TOPIC

Image small small

is it? but normally developer i dealing very fast 1, 2 weeks after signing S&P already pay. sometimes they chase me collect the cheque...haha

061  img 5963 small

@jordanchen1981, you mean all the developers you have dealt with before? Wow, you must be the lucky one. I heard lots of agents complaining about slow payment from developers and that's the only reason why they hate doing projects.

D  c0392b small

Slow payment from developer is consider bad reputation?

061  img 5963 small

@duenlim, not sure how would property agents usually take it, but those I know usually complained that they only get their commission after 6 months, some even up to a year. So, I guess to them it's not a good thing.

D  c0392b small

I think is fair enough as usually developer would takes time for S&P inked. I reckoned sub sales should be practice the same. But, new tenancy it's okay.

52084 10151971120151508 475893377 o small

I guess bad reputation developer towards agent is when they delay the commission payment ^_^

V  9b59b6 small

Another topic on developers with bad reputation would be on which developer is known to undercut property agents when doing land deals

061  img 5963 small

@vince2602, like how? You've got a bad experience before?

V  9b59b6 small

The bad experience was shared to me by fellow agents, where s9me developers after seeing the lands, either contact the land owners directly or get their own agents to negotiate with the owners

061  img 5963 small

@vince2602, that's bad. No integrity and honesty! Bad business etiquette.

1005097 10151276444199567 1603877690 n small

@Jordan Chen, which developers so nice to chase you to collect the cheque? wah developer release payment in 1 to 2 weeks consider very good :-)

Images small

huh? but i thought Mah Sing got very bad reputation? I read before somewhere that their sales agents don't get their cheques on time, then the part timers also complain that their stuff very teruk make them do everything while they just sit down and chitchat.

1005097 10151276444199567 1603877690 n small

ya not many agents / agencies dare to take mah sing projects due to their reputation...

V  9b59b6 small

For project sales, the S&P will usually be processed in batches, and some transactions are given discounts, so the buyers do not pay any down payment, the developers need to wait for further loan draw down, that's why the commission payment would be slower.

Image small small

there are many reason that the developer delaying the agent comm but its depend on the agreement between developer and agency. lot of agents they didnt know what is the agreement content between their agency and developer. you cannot blame the developer if the agreed contract stated that the full comm will be paid after the first draw down from bank or others condition....Try to imaging the project is under HDA , normally the bank first draw down will be on the completion of Stage 2a ( Completion of piling and foundation works) , you will have to wait your claim about 1 year time if you sell the project during their pre-launch.

Btw there's minority of the developer in the market purposely to delay agent comm too . To be honest , my side still have around half an million comms havent get pay yet. nothing we can do actually.... just wait. haha.....

Mtxx 20220221174543 mr1650848230340 small

ask/check 'betul-betul' before you want to do the project from unknown developer (not branded and well known), i heard from my colleague it takes 3 to 6mths after signing SPA. And yes now alot of developer offer kinda 0 down payment package so we have to wait until they claim phase 2 from purchaser only we can claim for our commission. But however, take your own risk if you want earn big money cos somehow project is faster and more easier than doing subsales...

Kate chew small

Has anyone bought Mah Sing's property before? What do you think? I have a friend who is keen to buy Mah Sing's new development, but a lot of negative remarks being made about Mah Sing's development. Really that bad? If yes, why?

P  2c3e50 small

I think everyone heard of Talam... 15-20 years ago they are very famous. Bukit Beruntung and Bukit Sentosa are their "legacy"

Mtxx 20220221174543 mr1650848230340 small

Mah Sing just a brand, by the way buying property still need to survey on a few of point liked location, entry package, pass development quality (if any). Every project has the bad side and comments from their buyer or non buyer. However Mah Sing is not that bad but not all the project is good buy. (pls survey more) dont only choose according to 5 star developer. Any developer also can be liked Talam...

Img thing small

@joyceprop88, agree with you. However, it is still important to buy from a more established developer even though it doesn't guarantee anything but at least they are more experienced and because they would also want to maintain their reputation as an established well-known developer, they will not cut corners as much as the smaller or inexperienced developers. It's also for a peace of mind la.

Pic small

what about the recent em**re dam***ara developer??? the one that left so many hole and yet manage to provide VP to customer

Kate chew small

@imronaldsoo, haha..... I guess that went viral! The news is everywhere. Haha. My friend who bought that place showed me some pictures too. It was BAD!!!

Own dp small

I think for my opinion. The recent developer that I think that has bad repu would be Emp1r3 Group due to the late delivery and delayed work for empire city.  Not too sure on it though bt have heard people start paying the installments for the housing loans while the unit is declared completed and keys can't be provided.

Pic small

@kate_chew ya the news went viral for a while, and now people seems to be forgotten the story / case anymore and focus on other topic 

J  d35400 small

So far they are worst that I heard. 

Own dp small

I have heard that the 1con CiTy are not selling really well. Heard there are still many units available there.

James bond craig junio2006 small

MCT Developer? Yea, I heard of that too sometime ago. Why's that? Is it poor workmanship? Or any other reasons? 

Screen shot 2016 01 21 at 8.27.17 pm small

Oh yeah, I gotta agree with PNK that Talam is VERY famous haha.

65648440 2406793556070448 9165628430648082432 o small

@Mag good sharing