Southen marina bedroom interior design small

example : Publika , scott garden  , pavillion 2 mall .....etc

SHARE THIS TOPIC

P  2c3e50 small

Yes, it is very convenient. No, if the place is too busy and crowded.

Pic small

Well it is the new trending nowadays, most of the new development project on commercial land will have shop lot or shopping on the bottom and then apartment or condo on top 

only drawback is that the water bill is more expensive, where else the electricity tariff will be residential tariff despite it is commercial title (so long it is for residential purpose)

Signature 28 logo  custom  small

any good example in Johor?

For instance,I know KSL Resort @ Johor. It has a serviced apartment on top of large shopping center.

The upcoming Paradigm Mall,Johor has an apartment named "The Platino" beside it, not on top.

682bd220 8953 4b55 8885 28ba2c5d6450 small

But recently what I think is - it is getting more and more, which somehow there do not have a need to have so much shopping centre etc cause everyone is selling the same thing. Kinda over demand. 

Img 5409 small

good to have all things under one roof, but come with some costs for sure. 

J  d35400 small

Y generation will like it!!

The immediate area will be very vibrant definitely... if you would prefer a more quite neighborhood with resort-like facilities... better not to buy apartments above shopping complexes, or even adjacent. :^)

Img 5409 small

Can buy both :) resort type and mall type :)

L  d35400 small

I do not like because if the mall is not doing well, it may affect the housing price.

@Hetulinna 

One good example is Skudai Parade in Skudai, Johor... the shopping mall situated below the apartment is not a crowd puller even on weekends. Its close proximity to the upcoming Paradigm Mall is not making the situation any better.

In fact there is an apartment called "The Platino" adjacent to the Paradigm Mall.

Img 5409 small

i think the price on assessment and management fee will be higher also for this type of service apartment. any idea?

James bond craig junio2006 small

I think this is the trend now and it's quite convenient. I would definitely stay in this kind of concept. But is it safe since there's so many other non-residents. Also, will parking be a problem?

I heard that many developers are coming up with this kind of concept is because the land title is commercial so that they don't have a choice but to build commercial units / shopping malls and then build residential above it for higher profit because of higher demand.

@james_bob 

Speaking of parking... For a shopping mall, even without shoppers; the people working at the shopping mall would have occupied a lot of parking space. Leaving not much lots for genuine shoppers. 

C  7f8c8d small

I like the concept as it provides space for more business to come, and traffic for business too. However, the one thing I do not like about these concepts are that it could possibly be a hit and miss. Some residences like the earlier mentioned Publika and Scott Garden are the ones that hit, but for the ones that miss it does make residents feel unsafe and it would be a little bit of a hassle, since the concept of retail lots on serviced residence was to create convenience in the first place. 

65648440 2406793556070448 9165628430648082432 o small

@jeffcyh0217 good sharing