Propsocial waste separation trash segregation1
Logo3 small

6月1日实行垃圾分类

垃圾分类已经在2016年6月1日执行,可是有多少人真正了解这项措施呢?政府提供的资讯因无法普及导致混乱,比如说,你可否知道这项指令仅在全马7个州属,即柔佛、马六甲、森美兰、彭亨州、玻璃市、吉打、吉隆坡和布城实行?甚至还有个别地区享受着不同于其他州属的福利。

了解垃圾分类的由来

首先我们需要了解为何要实施这项举措。这政策并不是为了追随他国或只用了几个星期就草率定下的。这是基于为了替代更严重的问题而做出的决定。

当政府意识到国家垃圾量年渐增多,并发现即将面临垃圾土埋场不足的问题时,垃圾分类和废物循环的课题在这状况下首次被提出。事实上,在2016年,现有的垃圾土埋场的容量已经达到极限。

而政府的选择有限,选择增加垃圾土埋场的数量只是治标不治本,并会进一步污染环境;或者采取执行起来痛苦万分,却相对实际的的长期方针 — 垃圾回收。

首先,政府在各卖场实施“周末无塑料袋”的政策,可是这成效甚微,因为在周末民众依然可以在逛街时,以20仙的价格购买塑料袋装东西。虽然鼓励携带环保袋曾经成为一种风尚,但这举动仍然没有显著减少塑料袋的使用。正因如此,才采取了更为沉重的下一步措施 — 垃圾分类行动。

如何动手做分类

垃圾分类政策原本已在2015年9月启动,不过直到2016年6月1日才正式执行。政府曾试图尽力告知并倡导普罗大众,可惜并不如政府所愿。因此,本文在这里将澄清那些在民众心中长期挥之不去的疑虑。

一、使用各色分类垃圾袋

其中一个最大的疑惑是分类时是否需要配合使用指定颜色的塑料袋。答案是,不需要。用不同颜色塑料袋来分类是非必要的。不过,如果你想用颜色塑料袋来标示垃圾种类,你可以根据以下清单来作为分辨:

- 可回收塑料: 蓝色塑料袋
- 可回收纸张:白色塑料袋
- 其他可回收:绿色塑料袋
- 厨余: 黑色塑料袋

二、第二个大众最大的疑惑,垃圾应当要怎样分类?其实,在家中就该第一时间做好分类,之后分在四个不同的垃圾桶里,四个类别分别是:

- 纸张
- 塑料
- 厨余(可被自然分解的)
- 其他(橡胶,铝,金属等)

三、垃圾放哪儿?再来谈到屋外的垃圾分类,其实为了便利起见大众只要在家里做好了分类即可,绝对没有必要也在屋外设置好几个垃圾桶来个别装放分类垃圾。厨余应该放置在屋外的大垃圾桶里,以防止动物翻找垃圾破坏屋外卫生,其他的分类放置在大垃圾桶的旁边即可。

垃圾被收集后,会根据分类运送到不同的堆积场处理。垃圾工人会打开塑料袋检查垃圾内容物,并按照内容物分类运送。而使用不同颜色的垃圾袋会让他们的工作流程更容易,不过再次强调,这并非必要之举。

这就是垃圾分类计划的全过程,不过还有以下这些小细节,大部分大众并不了解。

一、玻璃市的民众享有特别福利,如果州民认真遵守垃圾分类制度,州政府将会根据他们丢出的可回收垃圾按照市场价支付奖金。不过这并非现金形式的,这些奖金将会存入一张 E-Idaman My Kasih 的卡,民众可利用这卡在指定一些卖场购买商品。州民也可以选择另一种方式,如把支付金捐赠给孤儿院。

二、当中最严格执行垃圾分类制度的州属是柔佛州,相比2016年6月才正式执行的垃圾分类行动,柔佛州在2015年9月就已经开始执法。截至2016年6月,他们已经发出了高达44,000个违法警告。

关于违规惩罚

这个新政策的违规惩罚根据有地房产(如排屋、独立式)和高楼(办公楼或公寓)而有所不同,有地房产屋主第一次违规将会罚款50令吉、第二次100令吉、第三次500令吉,之后每次违规皆罚款1,000令吉。

而高楼的罚款较高。初犯者罚100令吉,再犯罚200令吉,三犯罚500令吉,之后每次违规皆罚1,000令吉。所有违规罚款最高额都是1,000令吉。

现今民意普查

涉及改变民生方式的新政策一出,想必会引起反弹与抱怨,不只是大多数民众没意识到政策的到来,也有一些投诉表示,依然使用塑料袋装垃圾无助于环保,根本就是在自拆台脚。

尽管如此,在许多民意叫停跟投诉之后,绝大多数的民众都表示支持这项政策。他们认为政府正在努力拯救环境,并可以预见,尽管垃圾分类目前只有7个州属实行,可是他们相信不久的将来,全马地区都能一起响应。

因此,对于那些还没执行垃圾分类但也想响应拯救地球的州属居民,现在就可以开始学习分类垃圾。一起来维护我们的绿色地球!

(Translated by: Gabriel Ngiam, 16th August 2016)

SHARE THIS TOPIC

Pic small

sometimes it is not that I dont want to separate rubbish but sometimes those rubbish are hard to separate..... 

for instance, you bought some chicken from the supermarket... dont tell me you are gonna wash the plastic bag and put the plastic in the plastic bin... not all rubbish can be separated ... 

if you ever visit taiwan... most of them normally do not throw the toilet paper into the toilet bowl, instead they will have one bin next to your sitting bowl or squatting bowl whereby you normally throw your toilet paper that you had used to wipe your "poo poo" into the bin... to me yes the initiative is good .... but on the other hand... just imagine when you are squatting next to a bin full of toilet paper with other people "poo poo" whereby the cleaning lady can only clean 30 minutes once... freaking disgusting...

Img thing small

Ronald, if you think the plastic bag cannot be reused again, I guess it's ok to throwing into the waste bin instead of recycle bin. 

As for the throwing used toilet paper into a separate bin, I have to agree that's not hygienically right. 

Kate chew small

Has this initiative started already? I didn't notice any household doing this though??? Has this been enforced by the authority already? 

Jonathan de ho half body small

So far its not practice in my condo. i thought condo also will need to follow the rules. Buts its really good that we start this move for a better and cleaner earth

Own dp small

It will take a long time until everyone start doing it. Still takes time to cope with it. The system is implemented but not the services! Do you provide the bins for the household for segregation? Do you acknowledge everyone for a period of time and making sure everyone comply to it?

Ruby photo small

As I know for implement trash segregation for our country people still need to improve and learn from other country like Japan and Germany. How to make a country clean and humanity for manage our rubbish ? Government not just promote, but create effective policy and people have same goal to proceed policy. 

Img 5409 small

Before the regulation implement, my apartment cleaners always split the recyclable material from the rubbish bin, and sold it later. No sure the "money" go back to management funds or as a allowance for them. However, it is good they willing to do extra works, earn some money at the same time also can save the environment :) 

Screen shot 2016 01 21 at 8.27.17 pm small

@jdh For now its only implemented in certain states like Putrajaya and Kuala Lumpur, Johor, Malacca, Negeri Sembilan, Kedah, Perlis and Pahang. Selangor not affected yet.

IC. Didnt really follow up this news so not too sure about it haha

P  2c3e50 small

Good initiative, have to start somewhere to make the earth a better place for all of us and our future generations

Definitely agree. Must start with somewhere from ourselves. My house practice using recycle paper for sketching, kids drawing and writing activities. Dont waste paper

Kate chew small

Hmmm really I still don't see anyone making effort to follow this regulation though. Is this a common practice in other countries? Even if yes also in 1st world countries I guess. Not sure how other countries control and enforce it. Perhaps also to do with the citizen's mentality and sense of responsibility. 

Pic small

i do recycle news paper, bottle and plastic too... also computer parts and mobile phone parts and battery

My friend in NZ told me they have to pay for their rubbish, they weigh the rubbish, the heavier it is, the more expensive it is. It makes ppl become more responsible about what they throw.

James bond craig junio2006 small

Well, overall I think it's a good initiative. Save the planet! :)

Zara, I've never heard of this before, having to pay for your rubbish is somewhat ridiculous though. That might also encourage people to simply abandon their rubbish somewhere else, just so they don't have to pay for it.

Signature 28 logo  custom  small

We used to have recycling lorries plying our Taman to collect Old Newspaper, Magazine and other recyclable items.However, we do not actually earn lots by actually selling the recyclable garbage.

Agree that heftier fines and enforcement will definitely raise the awareness for this waste recycling to work in the long run. Incentives similar to what Perlis is giving out works well as a token of appreciation ( E-Idaman My Kasih card ) for residents to separate their recyclable waste. This should be implemented nationwide!

@james_bob but western people mentality unlike us, they wont simply throw just because paying is imposed, instead they take care about their rubbish content now. Haha unlike us.

James bond craig junio2006 small

Not entirely. Just like our country, every other countries they have different 'level' of citizens too. There will be 'atas' ones, middle class and the lower class. The lower class ones will still do such things. That's why street cleaners are still needed in other 1st world countries and there's also still vandalism. Probably not as bad as ours because their enforcement is more strict, but there still are people like that everywhere you go. 

This is exactly first world country but third world mentality. 

But everywhere has this situation lah, see how bad is it only, I am sure Malaysia overall mentality on this issue is worse. 

Img thing small

Malaysia boleh ma :P

65648440 2406793556070448 9165628430648082432 o small

@admin_ps thanks for sharing