Mrt sungai buloh property propsocial
Logo3 small

86% of the first phase of the Mass Rapid Transit (MRT) Sungai Buloh - Kajang (SBK Line or MRT Line 1) has been completed, with trial runs to start in October.

Mass Rapid Transit Corp Sdn Bhd (MRT Corp) Chief Executive Officer, Datum Shahril Mokhtar, stated that it is currently undertaking the mechanical and electrical system works of Phase 1 of the project, on track to meet its targeted completion by end of 2016.

On the other hand, Phase 2 of the SBK Line, which is the MRT Sungai Buloh - Serdang - Putrajaya line (SSP Line or MRT Line 2), is also progressing as per scheduled with the contract award of 21 work packages so far.

At the moment, land clearing and utilities piloting works have already begun in several locations of the second line, which comprises of the underground and southern elevated segments.

Phase 2 of the SBK Line is expected to be ready for operations by July 2017.

(Reference: http://www.theedgeproperty.com.my/content/829195/phase-1-mrt-line-1-undergoing-mechanical-testing-86-complete)

SHARE THIS TOPIC

Chinese ad 4621 326x150 01

Img 5409 small

Hopefully there is not further delay for MRT. Good time to invest around Sungai Buloh area.

Own dp small

Hope the MRT Line 1 will complete asap. The road around the MRT area is uneven and causing a lot of accidents. Dangerous for motorcyclist as car able to withstand a pothole but not to motorcyclist. Hope they improve on the drainage system as its always clogged up and causing flood near the MRT construction line.

Signature 28 logo  custom  small

The KL mrt started its operations on 16/12/2016. Will it cause the nearby properties to boom by at least 10%? 

Own dp small

Sg Buloh all the way to semantan only. Not yet available to Kajang yet. Looks good though

can't wait to see the effects of the opening of more MRT stations to the lives of KL folks... keep our fingers crossed, less traffic congestion let's hope!

Img thing small

There's a new line just opened right? Which one is it?

Own dp small

Sg buloh to Kajang. Open and free for all for the 1st month.

Anyone from Propsocial can please share their experience on board the KL MRT?

as compared to other countries such as Hong Kong, Singapore, Thailand, Korea, Japan etc etc

Img 5409 small

too bad. need to wait until july 2017 only extended to kajang. 

the fare is not really cheap. sungai buloh to one utama cost 3.xx.

Compared to taking the bus... the MRT schedule should be more predictable than other means of transportation...

Time is money, so i guess it is worth it

Img 5409 small

agreed with your point of view. time is money :)

Kate chew small

Do you think with the MRT opening up to the public, it helped ease the traffic congestion so far? I mean I don't see much improvement as of now, do you? Hopefully in the long run. 

J  d35400 small

Didn't see traffic improvement after MRT is open yet too. 

Own dp small

The MRT line has not fully open yet, It's still from Sg buloh to Semantan only.

James bond craig junio2006 small

Probably it takes awhile when everything is fully functional and operational, then I guess it MIGHT help ease the traffic a bit. Now it's a bit here and there. There are still lots of people who need to get to their destination without MRT line or stops.

Img 5409 small

July 2017 will be fully complete. if not delay :)

Even with the MRT gradually operating in stages. There is still no way to reduce the number of cars already on the road in the Klang Valley!

Own dp small

The free ride has no longer there. They will start charging it today. Hopefully without the free rides, it will still be commuted by some of us working in Klang valley and kl.

Wonder how was the response to the free rides and if any breakdown happened? Cannot be worse when they start charging passengers...

Kate chew small

Nic Ngoi, you mean this July ALL will be fully operational? That's less than 6 months from now. That's quite quick. If no delay la....

I wonder if nearby MRT stations have park and ride facilities? For cars, motorbikes and even bicycles?

Pic small

there are many park and ride facilities well at least from my stretch from Cheras to Taman Midah .... all the park and ride facilities consists of more than 8 storey high building, and some are on wide big parking space.

Own dp small

Some of the MRT stations has multi level storey parking for users to park their cars/motorbikes. Still looking forward for the who MRT Line 1 to be completed by the middle of the Year 2017.

P  2c3e50 small

Good addition to increase accessibility. 

How is the charges for the park and ride facility? monthly parking charges or daily?

Img thing small

Oh yes, I would very much like to know how much is multi-storey carpark at the MRT station if its for a full day?

65648440 2406793556070448 9165628430648082432 o small

@admin_ps thanks for sharing