Summit hotel subang usj propsocial1
Logo3 small

According to Bernama report, AmFIRST Real Estate Investment Trust (AmFIRST REIT), which owns an 82% stake in the Summit Hotel Subang USJ, will be spending between RM20 million and RM30 million on refurbishment works for the hotel to maintain its four-star rating.

The hotel which is currently managed by Summit Hotel Management Sdn Bhd will begin undergoing refurbishment works after a new operator for the hotel is chosen.

Deputy CEO of AmFIRST REIT, Zuhairy Md Isa said that the company had identified some good operators and it will take three to six months before the finalising stage.

Almost every part of the hotel will be rejuvenated to give it a new look and to meet the standard requirements of the new operator.

He also shared that when the hotel building was first bought in 2008, the corporation had spent RM7 million on the hotel's refurbishment works.

Since its last major renovation eight years ago, the time has come for the building to be refreshed following the refurbishment of the shopping mall below.

(Reference: http://www.theedgeproperty.com.my/content/820534/summit-hotel-subang-usj-get-rm20-mil-rm30-mil-renovation)

SHARE THIS TOPIC

Chinese ad 4621 326x150 01

Kate chew small

Are the tenants inside the new Summit Mall still the same? 

307988 277857705557864 1942731477 n small

Seems like and sounds like the summit is ok to visit now..lol...there was a summit plaza back in Bukit Mertajam but it didn't work out...but at least I think their hotel there is still running~

Kate chew small

Went there last weekend. Inside is still exactly the same. No difference. Only outside looks more 'posh' now after the renovation. Shoppers might feel like being conned. I am sure people expect the retail shops inside to be different or more 'upscale' than before, but it's still exactly the same. So, what's the point of the external renovation??

65648440 2406793556070448 9165628430648082432 o small

@admin_ps thanks for sharing