Affordablehousing
 061  img 5963 small

These days with the increase of cost of living due to inflation and the upcoming GST but wage still remain the same, how much does a normal middle class wage earner needs to be able to afford a decent house?

Check out this article written by Loanstreet
http://loanstreet.com.my/learning-centre/how-much-is-really-needed-to-buy-affordable-housing

Screen shot 2015 03 25 at 1.40.22 pm large

SHARE THIS TOPIC

13615 10153703410373712 1093131854153132234 n small

My First Home Scheme is like a phantom/legend. Everyone heard about it, but no one actually seen any on if.

D  c0392b small

I'm more of the conservative side. I would have to disagree on the affordability illustrated by the author in LoadStreet. Making RM2k/month, buy a RM200k property and pay close to RM1k for installment? Seriously? Hmmmm....

An affordable guideline for me is to buy a property that you can pay with 5 times of your annual income. For example, when I bought my first investment property for RM240k, my income was RM4.2k. It fits the criteria as RM4.2k x 12 x 5 = RM252k which means I could afford it base on my 5 times annual income benchmark. Although the purpose of this unit is to become a rental unit and I was not expecting to pay for bank installment (which it is now), it is still a good benchmark to check against to ensure the purchaser really can afford it during financial difficult period.

Frankly there is no rush in property investment game. I would rather reach my destination safely and surely - rather than quickly but not knowing whether I will really get there.

P  2c3e50 small

The so called affordable home is not really affordable. 300K and above...