Angel formal picture   september 6  2013   small

In this current time with the increase of almost everything what is best ? to own a property or not?

anyway, property nowadays are not selling out as good as last time. especially the sub sale units.

SHARE THIS TOPIC

Signature 28 logo  custom  small

Ofcourse buy when can hold at least 5-10 years... Best is to buy 1st hand from reputable developer, where capital appreciation will come sooner of later when later phases launch.

307988 277857705557864 1942731477 n small

If it's for own stay, why not buy when you can afford it? Unless of course you have yet to settle yourself in terms of where you'll be working. 

The main reason of the slow market is just the affordable units available in the market, most affordable units are less desirable. 

L  2c3e50 small

For own stay, I will buy a unit. After when only I have enough financial and depends on the market, I will invest on one. 

L  d35400 small

I will definitely buy. Renting will never be my option.

how about for commercial units... is it better to run your business in your own shoplot or rent from others?

Own dp small

It depends on your budget and where's your working location? If it's a contract work then renting would be better as you will not know what will happen next once the contract is not renewed. Think twice.

E  8e44ad small

I think year 2017 is the best time to invest in property. Variety of choices and developers are willing to give discount . 

E  8e44ad small

I think year 2017 is the best time to invest in property. Variety of choices and developers are willing to give discount . 

E  8e44ad small

E  8e44ad small

E  8e44ad small

Andana small

any advice for first property buyer and im looking towards to make it a good investment (rental + flipping).

@ Siv... from personal view, buy from reputable developers when they first launch at a new area... usually they will offer incentives and discounts to attract buyers...

307988 277857705557864 1942731477 n small

@Sivkappapride Hmm, it's interesting to purchase the first property for investment. 

For any property investment, the first advice is to ensure your holding power and managing your cash flow, this is especially important if you are looking for a flip. Don't go into it just because that's the trend today. And yes, anytime is a good time to start buying a property when your money is ready. 

Property wise, everyone would have a different opinion. But in my opinion, always go for the property with the mentality "buy for own stay." (If you won't even like to live there, what's the point of owning a property in that area. If that place is considered inhabitable, what's the chances of the growth of that property.) 

Just my 2 cents.

Image1 small

@kappapride Go for new township sir..can pm me and i can advise u personally

Pic small

this is a very subjective question based on my 2 cents:

1st are you the type that have extra money that you can afford to purchase and maintain a property? - purchasing a property is relatively easy, but not every time things is as per what you planned... for instance, after a few months of moving in, you realize that your upper floor neighbor bathroom is having a leakage into your plaster ceiling, and if the neighbor refuse to fix it, do you happened to have extra cost to fix it for them before taking legal action against them? or you can just leave it and let your plaster ceiling rot? 

2nd there are people who like to rent, as to them, having a full furnished new property, they can just stay for 2 years with just a luggage bag and when they find that the design is outdated or getting old, they will just carry their luggage bag and move to another place with new furniture and fixing. 

sub-sale market is relatively slow due to the fact, many would like to price their property in a price that is above the market value and they always have the mind set that buying an condo of rm 300k i can flipped it at rm 600k (but they do not realize that the flipping age is actually over) all developer that sold you the unit is selling you at the price of future value instead. 

in year 2017 and year 2018 it is a really good year for buying property if you have the $$$$ in your pocket, as there are many owner that willing to sell below cost due to the slowness in the market or urgency of wanting to settle off his outstanding before proclamation of sale is being executed by the bank (not all but there are many that start feeling the heat due to they can no longer afford the loan)

i would advise that, only choose something that you like and you want instead of following what other people say (this is good, it will bring high ROI etc)

Billing 123 small

@imronaldsoo Good advice for starters out there who are still inbetween buying or renting a property. Just to add on a little, i agree that do seek out what is within your price range and what/which area you do really like to be the deciding factor. 

65648440 2406793556070448 9165628430648082432 o small

@Jacelyn thanks for sharing