Logo3 small

Mediocrity is the product of a stagnant mind. And property advertisements in Malaysia are as monotonously uninspired as they get. For example, why must all “For Sale” signs be printed on yellow or red banners? I guess it’s the most eye-catching colours, but when 10,000 banners hang on the same building, it becomes a wallpaper instead!! While it is undeniable that unconventionality gets more attention - which in the market translates to more sales - ideas are hard to come by.

S  18268184 large

I’d say it’s not entirely the fault of the sellers or property agents, as they are catering to their buyers based on the Malaysian norms and culture. So perhaps it is time for both buyers and sellers to develop a sense of humour and change our perspectives of how a “For Sale” sign should look like! Wouldn’t you say that these hilarious signs would get more attention?

This is what Malaysian “For Sale” signs look like:

S  18268165 large
Take your pick of agents!

Now check out some of these saucy “For Sale” signs that has been going viral in the United States!

This is what U.S.A “For Sale” signs look like:

8 large
Non-haunted houses for sale! Wait, what??

1 large
Now, this is what I call a real expert!

4 large

High res large
One of the greatest “For Sale” signs to ever hit the property market!

7 large
RIGHT!

5 large
Walk-in customers only.

2 large
Really??? Isn't that obvious?

Neighbor sign large
No, thanks! Pretty sure I wouldn't want to live next to an a**hole too.

564961 600 large
Sure. Now all you’ve got to contend with are midnight guests!

So these are the internet’s pick on most popular viral “For Sale” signboards in the United States! Got more to share with us?? Post it below!

On a side note - Perhaps if our Malaysian “For Sale” signs look like these, property agents may find themselves getting more calls, heh? ;)

Fusion sale signs large

(Written by: Diane Foo, March 2015)

SHARE THIS TOPIC

Chinese ad 4621 326x150 01

Img thing small

This is so funny!

I have one too!!!

MALAYSIA

Malaysia 1 large

versus

USA

Article 2207743 152e225d000005dc 477 634x569 large

Hahahahaha!
Dianelynn.86 small

ahahahha!!! how bout this?!?

MALAYSIA:

21890 large

VS

U.S.A:

Article 2207743 152e2271000005dc 29 634x425 large

I wonder if they'll mind me eating the chicken!!! AAHHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! xD
D  f39c12 small

hahah... very funny

D  f39c12 small

(This post was removed by PropSocial administrator due to inappropriate or spamming content)

D  f39c12 small

(This post was removed by PropSocial administrator due to inappropriate or spamming content)

Attachment small

Lol. Westerners they are straight forward with jokes and their sales pitch. Not applicable here in Malaysia. My favourite is Marco Robinson. 

Photo  26  small

As much as I do agree that some form of creativity is needed in our professional signboards and banners, some of this agents are shooting themselves in the foot by quoting personal issues that are not helping the sale. However, what I like is that each property has one or two authorized agent handling the sale unlike our Malaysian agents or negotiators who seems to thrive on multiple banners like "pasar malam" sale.