Propsocial property background check tenants 3
Logo3 small

寻找完美租户

购买物业并把其出租是一个获得额外收入的好方法,同时还能帮补偿还贷款的负担。可是,试问有多少业主或投资者正真实现了寻找完美租户的梦想?

找到完美的租户谈何容易呀。很多业主和投资者都遇上问题租户,其中有不付租金和水电费的(更导致一些业主转向 PropSocial 平台寻求帮助,如在这里这里所看到的),甚至还有一些做出违法活动的租户,让一些房主受尽折磨。

那么,您该如何避免问题性租户呢?当然是通过侦探式的背景调查啦!别担心,这并不涉及秘密在外监视您的准租户,也不必您在它们身上置放偷听器。

跟踪他们的互联网足迹

简单来说, 就是谷歌(Google)搜索他们。

一、名字

首选在谷歌输入他们的全名,然后按“搜索”。您会惊讶于你可以得到的搜索结果。但如果他们的名字太普遍,您可能得下一些额外功夫,让我们来看看下一点....

二、电子邮件地址

电子邮件地址与姓名不同,它是独一的,因为大多数电子邮件服务提供商都不允许有重复性的电邮地址。这对我们这些“侦探”来说是件好事,因为电邮地址会让我们的目标人物在万维网上留下更显着的足迹。

要做到这一点,您要先取得他/她的电邮地址(以您认为合适的任何方式取得),然后在谷歌上进行搜索。如果他们曾经在网上论坛或博客中使用了该电邮地址,那么您就能看见他们在这些网站上所发布的内容,以及他们在帖子上留下的任何评论。

额外提示:很多人都在不同的电子邮件服务平台拥有数个电子邮件帐户,但大多数人在注册其它电邮账户时都会保持着同样的“句柄”,譬如说,如果一个人的电邮地址是 alex123@gmail.com,他很可能会用回 alex123 于其它的电邮地址、用户名、外号等。输入该句柄做一个快速的搜索,看您能搜得什么样的信息。

三、电话号码

无论电话号码的主人知不知情,其号码都有可能会出现在互联网上。您输入他们的电话号码在网上搜索资讯时,可能会发现到您的潜在租户是一名兼职钢琴老师(“周末钢琴课:请联络012-345 6789”),甚至还可能是一些骗党的分子(“提防 012-345 6789,试图欺骗本人的车子被银行收回!”)。

在社交媒体上窥视他们的生活

社交媒体平台,尤其是面子书(Facebook),成为了一本开放式书籍让人们了解别人的生活作息。因此,房主和投资者可以在把钥匙交给准租户前,先“阅读”这本开放式书籍。

快速搜索潜在租户的名字或电邮地址,并通过他们面子书墙上公开的内容对其进行初步了解。您还可以捏造另一个面子书账户,添加他/她为友。而至于他们接不接受您为好友可能就得靠一些额外的技能,例如您可能需上载一些具有魅力的(异性)照片。

额外提示:如果您的目标人物是特别谨慎的类型,那就先尝试加几位他/她朋友圈里的人,因为若有共同朋友,他们加您为友的可能性会更高。

用面子书来了解您潜在租户的私人想法和生活的确是一个很好的方式。通过面子书,您可以发现很多的红旗警示,譬如说目标更新状态发帖子说“三个月没支付水电费用,根本不在乎,让房主搞定吧!#人生有几个十年”;或发放搞家庭派对捣毁家具的照片,而照片标题为“这才是正真的家庭派对!房主接招吧!#我是不会赔偿任何损失的”,那您就应该心里有数了。

通过其它的社交媒体或网络平台,如 Google+、LinkedIn、Instagram 等都能发掘类似资讯。

高级招数公文包

这些特定的调查技能适用于那些具有自己的网站或博客的潜在租户。首先,到此网站输入属于目标人物的网站/博客网址。有关注册者的信息,例如姓名、电话号码、电邮地址等都可以被寻获。

您还可以在这另一个网站输入他们的网站/博客网址,即可发掘他们所拥有的其它网站。之后,您可以通过这个网站浏览他/她曾经发布过档案,包括那些他们认为已被删除的档案。

巨大力量意味重大责任

现在您已知道侦探式的背景检查技巧,这一方面的知识需伴随巨大的责任感。您应该明智使用这些技能,就是用于此文原定传达的信息 - 为了让您更加了解您的潜在租户!

如果世上存在着问题和危险性租户,那当然也有小心眼和狡诈的房主。如果您正要租房,不妨继续点阅避免租屋诈骗的一些小提示

免责声明:您通过这些侦探技能知识所做的一切,PropSocial.my 将不附任何责任,所以请不要做出任何违法的事。

当您“感觉到”潜在租户有不对劲的时候,您会采取什么行动呢?您会不会也做背景调查?在以下分享您的想法(或其它任何侦探技巧)或加入我们的讨论区,帮助其它业主和投资者避免搭上问题租户吧!

(Translated by: Yau Yin Wey, 15th December 2016)

SHARE THIS TOPIC

Screen shot 2016 01 21 at 8.27.17 pm small

Lol the power of Google is mighty, and scary.

Own dp small

Agreed with such precaution act before renting out. But sometimes, we just don't have enough information to search on the web.

Signature 28 logo  custom  small

Good article from propsocial!

How about checking with the local police for any criminal records if renting to an individual? 

Or if renting to a company. We can check with SSM? 

Img thing small

@domng, Wah! To that extend??? It's a good idea though. Better be safe than sorry :)

Img 5409 small

Renting to company you may check CTOS

or check with CCRIS, which is managed by Bank Negara... not sure if it applies checking for registered companies or individuals?

Screen shot 2016 01 21 at 8.27.17 pm small

Company I think check with SSM

if the tenant require your commercial unit address in order to register with SSM...

should the owner be extra cautious?

Kate chew small

If you are appointing agents to help you rent out your unit, perhaps your agent should be the one doing the screening and filtering. 

@kate_chew 

Yes, agree with you. Hope all agents really do their part to screen potential tenants, and not just in for the 1 month commission.

Kate chew small

Dominic, usually they are required too. Most owners also have their own requirements and criteria when it comes to accepting their tenants, like some owners insisting on no students or no families with children and most commonly no coloured skin tenants (mainly people from nigeria). Quite difficult for agent sometimes to put this across to the tenant because it's quite sensitive when racism is concern. 

@kate_chew 

Can't agree with you more. But at the end of the day, if a tenant is a good paymaster and takes good care of the rented property... I don't think owners should discriminate.

James bond craig junio2006 small

I guess, we won't know if the tenant is a good paymaster or not until they start renting our place. And by then, if they are a horrible paymaster it'll be too late. As an owner, I can totally understand why most owners pick and choose the background of their tenants though. With the amount of bad paymaster stories, the crime happening and how they trash your whole unit until you have to spend a bomb renovating all over again....... Gives me the shivers.....

@james_bob 

Worst case... They declare themselves to run a legitimate business in the tenancy agreement... but in actual fact the tenants are running an illegal gambling business at the back... 

Kate chew small

@james_bob Agree with you. I myself have witness quite a number of scam cases and the poor owners have to deal and clean up all these mess. So, can't really blame them for being selective and careful.

@kate_chew 

Can you please share with us the modus operandi of the scams involved?

J  d35400 small

Thanks for sharing

C  16a085 small

what if there are no results in the internet lol? Since everyone can fake their names & IDs nowadays

@henry 

Can try to engage a private investigator. LoL

Img 6323 small

@domng haha. Wasting more money then earning from rental. hahaha

Passport size photo small

thanks for the info, great for sharing

Img 20190308 wa0049 small

Protect each other

Thanks for sharing

The CCRIS score is a good indicator of a tenant's ability to pay the monthly rental.

C  16a085 small

As public, we can access to other individual's CCRIS report?

@henry 

http://creditbureau.bnm.gov.my/faqs.html

I believe it is not possible for third party to access your CCRIS score.

65648440 2406793556070448 9165628430648082432 o small

@admin_ps good sharing