Img 5409 small

Get an agent to rent out my unit but 1st 3 month already got rental collection issue.

What is the after sales service the agent can provide? or just take the comm and non of his business already after letting out the unit.

SHARE THIS TOPIC

12122677 10153451442916997 5214684243935077189 n small

By right you can call the agent to help, but only awesome agent would help you with it. Most of them won't. 

Have you tried reaching out to your agent? 

Own dp small

Most of the time, after the agent get you the tenant and collect the 1st month rental with deposit, you will basically cant reach him/her. Things like this happens, no good customer service or think for future..

That's exactly the experience I had, hence I started Speedrent.com. Might as well DIY. 

Signature 28 logo  custom  small

Speedrent does not cater to commercial properties the last time I checked. 

J  f39c12 small

Maybe on the safe side owners themselves could try to check out the background of their tenants? Check this out www.propsocial.my/topic/898/spy-worthy-background-checks-on-tenants-before-renting-out-your-property-posted-by-propsocial-editor

Img 5409 small

will do some basic check. with good agents help might help mitigate this issue better. 

At Speedrent, we actually ask for employment letter and do credit scoring check on behalf :) 

We follow banking standard. 

Are we able to conduct checks on tenants with PDRM for any criminal records?

Img 5409 small

can check with police station

just need to provide name and IC number of the prospective tenant?

I believe if we engage a lawyer to handle the tenancy agreement... he or she can be the witness as well... I have seen cases where the agent refuse to become and witness of the tenancy agreement and would rather not know anything once commission is paid. Anyone with similar experience?

P  2c3e50 small

Don't leave everything to agents, as property owner u have to check yr potential tenant's background and assess his ability to pay u rental

@ PNK. How would you screen your potential tenants on their ability to pay rental?

Img 5409 small

@ppnnkk2011 agreed. self check is important.

What minimum information do we need from the potential tenant before we can confidently check on their financial records?

Full name, IC, address, company registration etc etc?

Img 20190308 wa0049 small

Check by self even more safety

@chengfai86 

Agree to self check... what is the most effective way apart from asking the person to show you his/her latest copy of Bank Negara Credit Report?

Which in my opinion is quite a good gauge if your tenant do not mind.

Img 5409 small

@domng if we offer low rental then we might be able to ask for more :) 

Img 6323 small

as a agent and owner, i would say better filter the tenant by yourself even the agent said already filter for you. Get to know where is their occupation, work place, their commitment like owning car or if possible know their car brand too. (Yea, i know it's abit too much) But at least you can know whether they can afford to pay the rental or not. 

As a agent, i will ask my potential tenant background first, then i will request for name card if they have, at least you can check whether they're really working there or not, so at the same time, you can roughly know how much they make,  ( as i will greet them from parking)  see what car they drive, chit chat abit with them to know whether they are staying with family or friends, and roughly get to know how many family members will be staying, then you can judge how much their commitment will be. 

@windzneom 

If go overboard,  feel a bit like "criminal"  interrogation. Haha. 

Img 5409 small

@windzneom great idea. thank you for sharing. never think about asking their name card. and meet them in parking. 

@6011_3531_5354 

Name card is always good... If this agent really serious, he will not show up without a namecard... is like meeting a potential client without an agenda. Haha

Img 6323 small

@domng haha. that's why! but no choice! haha

Img 6323 small

@6011_3531_5354 most welcome nic! discussion mah, learn while sharing also! ny the way, are you buyer in selayang lake park? wondering is it same person?i saw same person in fb group^^

agreed with what dominic mentioned, it is like meeting  without an agenda, if he didn't show up with name card! Haha

Img 5409 small

@windzneom nope. din invest in selayang park

@6011_3531_5354 

Yes, at most need to send to the owner a PHOTO of the name card... really no excuse for the agent to not provide it in this digital age.

E  2c3e50 small

Our service provide to owner and buyer/tenant too haha,this business service come first lor..anything i will do for u..hehe.

Img 6323 small

@domng agreed! that's the most basic things!

@windzneom 

Another basic service, "The Customer is Always Right"

No matter how annoying the customer may be!

E  2c3e50 small

We provide the good service to owner /tenant,look for long terms business..keep our smile always..i don't talk too much to my client,let them decide and make final decision..i supplier services.

@edmondlee_techc 

Still need some small talk once in a while to keep the agent-owner relationship going right?

Festival greetings, Birthdays if possible... make the owner feel respected essentially.

Img 6323 small

yea! I did do that as well, and trust me, when they have any property that need assist to lease/sell/buy, they will remember you and definitely find you first compared to other agent!^^

@windzneom 

It goes a long way for going the extra mile for the customers... even if there is no business transaction involved.

Img 6323 small

exactly! I have one client became like my best friend, the uncle always find me yumcha. haha

E  2c3e50 small

You give the best service even that work not belong to you,but you still fullfill to them,later you get unexpected result,this what i did always,never under estimate our client,we don't knw what their have behind haha.

Those super rich uncle and auntie. They usually very low profile, and drive small cars. But their bank account balance can have many digits! 

E  2c3e50 small

The real rich people always never like to show off,empty tin like to makes lot of noise,don't charges the book by the cover.

Affluent people usually hang around with like minded people. If you had left a good impression with them.  You will certainly be mentioned and referred to when agent services are required. So keep your fingers crossed, and smile! 

Img 6323 small

yea, exactly, there's a bank branch staff all buy property from me now. Lolx

Kith   kin   freeman woo   kith and kin   photo by all is amazing small

We only can do our best to prequalify the potential tenant. sometime even my own property also will facing the problem to collect rental. Every investment have a risk there, what we can do try our best to minimize the risk thats what we can do. 

Actually speedrent is a good platform  for those owner have free time or want to save the agent professional fee but the risk is always there. We dunno what will happen in next moment, maybe the tenant lose the job or facing family issue and so on....

Yes, agree must show some empathy towards the tenants when times are bad. Up to a certain limit ofcourse.

Img 6323 small

@freemanwoo agreed, especially last year when a well known petroleum company fired quite some employees. some Wangsa Maju area owner complaint tenant didnt pay rent on time ><

Img 5409 small

@windzneom good lo. then earn a lot.

you got handle damansara damai area ?

Img 6323 small

@6011_3531_5354 nope, but my brother in law do. Because he live there.

If that area, there is a project im quite interested and i think you might can check it out. It's walking distance to MRT2. Very convenience with amenities, but one thing, matured area, traffic will be one concern. I try to find out what project name, can't recall. haha

you interested with project there?

@windzneom 

If really in a convenient location with all the amenities and MRT2... may ease the traffic congestion problem a bit... no need to own a car for everyone.

Img 5409 small

@windzneom i u mean the zizz or suasana damai?

plan to sell off first then only get a new one. haha

Pic small

2 cents, by right agent would normally put in a tenant application form for the owner to filter (well that is what i do) and the tenant application would have all the details of the tenant working position, employment company, emergency contact, etc etc, and owner should also take the responsibility to just call up to check on those number to see if it is working.

most of the time before i submit the details i would do my check one round, we can only do so much, whereby when you reach the company just talk to the HR department and see if this person is working here, and due to privacy disclosure act HR are not able to reveal the person job performance nor telling you the person is actually on PIP (performance improvement plan) etc etc. 

It would still be up to the owner to decide who to rent, and there is no guarantee in any defaulters, but the least the agent can do is to recommend a lawyer for the owner (if the tenancy agreement is properly prepared and stamped, and proceed with legal action before eviction process) <-- worst case scenario

@imronaldsoo 

(eviction process) <-- worst case scenario

Are you able to bring us through this tedious and painful process and its details? thanks

Img 6323 small

@6011_3531_5354  Yea! DIVO@The Zizz~

do not hesitate to let me know if needed my help to sell ya. haha

65648440 2406793556070448 9165628430648082432 o small

@6011_3531_5354 thanks for sharing

Img 20161230 wa0000 small

I believe agent should carry out some background check or filter, at least the agent should let the landlord know that the potential tenant details eg, occupation, family stay, working adult combine to rent, how many person going to stay, education etc.  Amongst those most important is occupation of the potential tenant.  if the tenant does not have stable job, i will advise to put this tenant aside because the possibility default rental is very high.  Another type is freelancer tenant should take careful consideration.

However there  is no guarantee the tenant will be good pay master forever. I ever encounter tenant that being a very good pay master for first 2 years and 3rd year onward start default rent until need to evict the tenant from the property.

E  e74c3c small

Came across an agent that deal with tenant from initial renting out till tenant moving out. Very good service. But all of this are personal effort and depends on luck to meet a good agent. 

20150527 023646 1 small

Sometimes owners expect agent to service everything for free with the one month or 1.25months of fee....they should think that time, petrol, money is involve in all the expected services, if agent are expected to do all these, how they can cari makan? Unless the fee collected is hugh amount, otherwise pls consider part with some of their rental to the agent for the expected services

Img 6323 small

@carmenfoong well said. 

Img 6323 small

@Quinn55 I did that too but only to those client that easy to deal with and polite.

R  2c3e50 small

(This post was removed by PropSocial administrator due to inappropriate or spamming content)

Profilepic small

@jinger i can do tenant check, check out www.talentvie.com.my

Profilepic small

@domng can help you do pdrm check ... check out www.talentvie.com.my

20150527 023646 1 small

Shirley, how much it cost to check and what kind of info? any sample report ?

Img 6323 small

@carmenfoong ya, i wish to know too.

Profilepic small

The package is RM88 per person for checking the criminal record, Credit Rating, bankruptcy record, civil litigation record - tenant need to sign the consent letter. 

The report will be combined to 1-page summary plus relevant support check document

For more information or order, can WhatsApp +60162166907 / info@talentvie.com.my

Img 6323 small

problem is how many tenant ok to sign the consent letter right? 

SPEEDHOME credit check every tenant, so we do background check (CCRIS/bank statement, job offer letter). That's the right way to do it.

Profilepic small

@windzneom indeed, by data protection law. well, u won't want your information being known by others without your consent right

Img 6323 small

@suitli yes correct ,so it's kinda hard also if tenant don't want to co-operate.

My photo small

@6011_3531_5354 That is the hard scenario described to real estate agents. At least what you can do is to specify some simple criteria such as prefer certain groups or traits to consider before letting out. Agent role is very clear which is to get you a tenant. If you like to have the life cycle of managing after a rental starts, do arrange and engage your agent for more. The more kind and clear your expectations are, the better the agent will do their job and hence the satisfactory. Of course, this only apply to those agent who do their business seriously instead of a touch and go.

Img 6323 small

@raymondlai2319 well said. 

Photo  26  small

Yes, professionally the agent or negotiator has to do some background check on the tenant and discuss with the Landlord before accepting the Tenant. As it it not 100% for sure at least bad tenants can be filtered and minimized. Also monitor the tenant's rental payment so as not to allow more than 1 month in arrears and take action to collect before it's too late. Make sure the security deposit collected is enough to offset unpaid rentals upon termination. The same agent or negotiator may offer their service to find a new tenant for a lower fee to maintain Landlord's trust and loyalty in his/her service. 

Photo crop 1 ong chong kit small

As far as I am concern, agents must perform some background checks to the best possible effort on potential tenants secured for clients. The information will be forwarded to the client to get the decision. Though it may take effort and time to close the case, it is worth effort as a business trust is build between client and agent which may go a long way for future dealings. And the agent as a gesture of providing continuous service can monitor the tenant and keep in contact with the client.