A  27ae60 small

My tenant has not signed the contract renewal, not paid rent on time for 3 months and owes TNB over RM1000 in electric bills. What is the best thing for me to do? I dont want him in my house anymore but he refuses to leave 

He is a real estate agent btw. I feel like I have to warn people here about him!!

SHARE THIS TOPIC

Cover profile small

follow what stated in your tenancy agreement, hopefully you have it & stated on what to do if this problem occurred.  in general tenancy agreement it will stated the landlord power & the tenant right. if the problem is the tenant pay the rental but not on time, the best way is to discuss with him. if the tenant not paying the rental for 3 month, it violates the agreement. you have the power now and you can ask the TNB to cutt off the electricity to prevent further damages & the water supply. 

Img 5409 small

@annie_hariharan 

1) put 1st notice

2) terminate the access card

3) call TNB to cut power since there is outstanding more than rm1000 ( i called before they did cut the electricity after 1 week)

4) report police and put police report in front of their door step

Signature 28 logo  custom  small

@annie_hariharan 

Your initial tenancy agreement, was it drafted by a lawyer and have a witness sign on the agreement? Most important of all, was it stamped at LHDN, making it a legal document is case of dispute.

65648440 2406793556070448 9165628430648082432 o small

@annie_hariharan thanks for sharing