Img 5409 small

Should I ask my next property agent pay for key deposit?

SHARE THIS TOPIC

Signature 28 logo  custom  small

You should be mindful your agent might use your set of keys for unscrupulous motives...

Img 5409 small

@domng change the lock pad immediately already. 

Own dp small

Truly agree, it happened to my friend. The agent say he lost the key when doing the handover, the lawyer can't do a thing about it.

@JohnL 

If the property is furnished... no choice, have to change the padlock like what @Nic did...

Img 5409 small

@domng agreed, too bad while we meet the not so responsible agent, should report them.

Pic small

when agent accept your key or return a key, there is always an acknowledgement letter being signed by the other party and each person would keep a copy. 

this is to safeguard the interest of the property, if the agent is not giving you such document to sign, well you have no proof that the key is actually being passed on to the person. 

suggest you immediately have those locks changed once you detected that the key are lost. 

should you require a copy of the key acknowledgement letter template, please let me know (this is normally being prepared by the agent) and i normally have all these document in my document folder ready.

never pass a key or access card to anybody without having any document signed.

@imronaldsoo 

Please share with me your key acknowledgement letter template

Thank you!

Own dp small

@imronaldsoo Hey ronald, can share with me the letter template of the Key acknowledgement. Thanks.

767a9381 edit3b small

1. ask only one agent keep the key

2. ask agent give you key acknowledgement

(这篇内容已被作者删除)

Own dp small

@domng Why are you replying all the discussion with the same statement

" Good share. Does it come with Guarantee Rental Return as well? "

Did you copy and paste it?

@JohnL 

Thanks for noticing. 

I think there is a bug with my Smartphone Chrome browser. Sometimes it happens. 

Img 5409 small

@edward_chongyh yes. so far he is the only agent. maybe should get two. so he wont take for granted. 

@6011_3531_5354 

Yes agree... no such thing as exclusivity to a single agent... only the best agent survive in this competitive property industry.

Own dp small

@domng Agreed with your statement, Can't just stick to one sometimes.

@JohnL 

I also find it. That if one agent is able to get tenant for another owner. Does not necessarily mean he is able to get you a tenant as well. Luck and timing plays a role I guess

65648440 2406793556070448 9165628430648082432 o small

@6011_3531_5354 thanks for sharing

T  e67e22 small

@imronaldsoo 
Great if you can share the template via What's App to 0162882011

T  e67e22 small

Every time, I pass the frond door keys to a person, I will have the lock changed because the person may make a duplicate set which can be used anytime