Lrt
Logo3 small

由于最近巴生河流域的捷运即将完工,大家心中也相续出现一个疑问,捷运周边的房地产到底值得购买吗?

这个问题其实是很见仁见智的,有些人觉得这是千载难逢的投资机会,有些人却尽可能的避免购买这些房地产。接下来就让我们来探讨捷运周边的房地产值不值得购买?

1. 交通问题 

面对现实吧,大多数大马人都懒得走路。即使只是10~15分钟的步行路程,还是会选择开车或骑摩多到捷运站搭车。所以在尖峰时段,捷运周边的交通势必超乎你的想象。

2. 闹钟和晚安曲

捷运从早上6点开始一直运作到半夜。至于你会从早上几点一直被吵到晚上几点就要取决于你购买的房屋在捷运上的那个站了。不过不管你住在哪一站,绝对是从早吵到晚的。

3. 无聊的街景

住在捷运站的对面,无论何时你打开门窗都只能看到钢骨水泥,呼啸而过的捷运或是熙來攘往的人群。而不是令人心旷神怡的花草树木。

说了这么多坏处,总该有好处吧!?

1. 房价飙升

据房屋中介的观察,某些捷运站自公告后,房价升了整整快一倍。房地产投资客也认为虽然兴建初期会因为工程导致房屋价格持平甚至下跌,不过随着捷运站工程接近尾声,价格会立即飙升。事实上有两份研究报告也明确表明,捷运附近的房地产是绝对值得投资的。

2. 保证出租

许多上班族都是搭乘大众运输通勤的。对他们而言,租一间捷运站旁的套房绝对是大加分的。如果你有点闲钱投资在这里,出租是个不错的选择。

3. 便捷

除了上班族可搭乘捷运,其实捷运也提供了中产阶级另一项选择,他们可以依据交通情况决定是否搭乘捷运或是自行开车前往。有时搭乘捷运更加方便经济,至少你不用担心塞车和停车的问题。

最后到底在捷运站附近购买房地产是好还是坏?其实很大程度是取决于你。如果你是为了投资,那么答案显而易见。如果是自住,你就要好好的评估这些利弊对于你和家人的影响。

家人是否习惯搭乘大众运输?如果答案是肯定的,那么恭喜你,你将享有便捷的生活和高房价。不过提醒你,千万不要选购太靠近捷运站的房地产,尽量选择一些有点步行距离却不会太嘈杂的地点。

SHARE THIS TOPIC

P  16a085 small

Is depend on the purpose the purchaser wants. If for the convenience of traveling for themselves or for the tenant is good to buy and invest. The purchaser cannot have both reason of a quiet place to stay and public transport convenience together.

D  c0392b small

Buy, provided the buyer could afford it and do find use with it, for example:
1. A person has been renting and saving for years. Now he is ready to purchase a property for himself because he is tired of helping landlords to pay their installments. So he might want to use 1 room for himself and rent another 2 rooms out the help paying the installment.
2. A person is well established financially and have extra cash to invest.

Do not buy, provided the buyer values quiet environment, less congested neighborhood, and wants a great view.

IMHO, buying a property near to public transport (LRT, MRT, etc) would not go wrong as long as the property has no fundamental flaw

Img 20150128 wa0066 small

Would be worth it if the purchaser is one who values the public transport system and actually uses it to get around. Also the purchaser will have to endure a price hike if he wants something convenient. I had a friend in college who is a big public transport user and she only rents a place if it is near a public transport hub (be it a bus stop or the LRT station).

D  f39c12 small

(这篇内容已被PropSocial的管理员因内容不正当或广告嫌疑而删除)

D  f39c12 small

Is depend on the purpose the purchaser wants. If for the convenience of traveling for themselves or for the tenant is good to buy and invest. 

D  f39c12 small

The scene offered at Jalan Alor is however still very tame as compared to the absolutely fascinating and scintillating scenes at one of the more famous and hottest streets in Kuala Lumpur. Lounging casually in the heart of Kuala Lumpur just a short drive away from the famous Double Tree Hilton Hotel is one of Kuala Lumpur’s best kept secrets at Jalan Gelang. The daytime sees this area as a seedy, gone-to-the-dumps area, with many low cost apartments that are not in the market for sale. These homes tout mould-ridden walls and dirty back lanes.

Photo2 small

Well, for investors, within walking distance to LRT or MRT station is definitely a plus point. Eventually Malaysia will be like Singapore or Bangkok, where the public transport will be heavily utilised.

Even now the government has slowly reducing the car park lots for most properties especially those around the city center. MRT line 3 will be announced in 2016 and guess which direction our property market will head to?

D  c0392b small

These days any new launch property project will most certainly have some LRT / MRT stations nearby. It is almost seen as a standard item to be included in sales brochure. Even a "future MRT station" is better than none!

P  2c3e50 small

LRT station within walking distance to the place we stay is definitely a plus point. The traffic situation in the city will not improve and with LRT one can save time and reduce stress ... no need to stuck in the traffic jam for hours everyday.

James bond craig junio2006 small

I would rather buy near LRT station, if possible within walking distance. So that I can rent out at higher price and also if for own stay, I can use the LRT rather than getting caught in the traffic.

P  2c3e50 small

If the property is for own stay, may be some might not like it to be near LRT... but for investment, definitely it is a value-enhancer

Img 20151120 wa0091 small

I stay across from an LRT station, and in the morning during working hours the jam is quite intense. Also, due to the fact that 5 developments popped up around the area in the last 3 years (due to LRT). 

Definitely good for rental demand though. 

Img thing small

I don't mind staying within walking distance near LRT station if our LRT is like Singapore standard. That can save me the hassle of going through the horrendous traffic jam and cost for tolls and petrol!

L  2c3e50 small

I would prefer staying nearby to LRT station, just within walking distance, or not I think it will make no difference if you still need to drive to the station to catch the train. And these nearby properties' price sure will rise due to the facilities nearby!

L  27ae60 small

There is a dilemma to face by the purchasers..to buy? all the developers have factored in the "future value" in the selling price..and the rental can match the installment? Many developers self-claimed potential rental is just an "artificial" rental and also is very attractive...but..will it happen?

just my 2 cents

Pic small

Depending on how far you need to commute to your work place, but it would definitely save you a lot of cost especially petrol fuel and parking rental (if the company do not pay for your parking)

P  2c3e50 small

It will take a bit of time for our LRT systems to reach Singapore level but for sure we will get closer to that over time. As the network is increasing, no doubt it will be a major factor in evaluating our property purchase or investment options.

A  c0392b small

too expensive to buy.. if for investment maybe can la.. assuming a lot of people can afford the expensive rental rates.. i think its an issue of affordability now.. if people take LRT to work, means they cant actually afford expensive property near work.. so what makes them rich enough to buy expensive properties near LRT? many years back, properties are still affordable, even near LRT. But now no... i think its due to affordability after all.. 

Pic small

Totally agree with @Aack2001 statement 

They can afford for the rental rates due to the fact they cannot afford for the monthly mortgage installment + maintenance fee of the said property.

In the matter of fact I just come across a few cases that many property nearby LRT station is selling at 400 to 500k but they are actually rented out at RM 1200 to RM 1600 Fully Furnished. 

If you are taking 500K property with 90% loan stretch to 30 years of installment + 4% of Bank Interest it will come up to roughly MYR2149 per month not forgetting this exclude the building maintenance fee + sinking fund.

L  27ae60 small

1 more to add...i have read an article on the distance from lrt that to be considered as good...for Singapore, it is 400 metres..for Malaysia, the distance I estimate shld be around 500 metres within walking distance that can be considered as good..

500 metres shld be considered quite a distance...I experienced by walking from the new MRT to my condo..during the walking...I was 'exposed' to weather, rob, tiredness, lack of transportation(uber? Grabcar opportunities ?), blah blah..anyway, it is a good exercise..:)

Just my 2 cents

PropertyX

Img 0478 copy small

But honestly, truthfully, will you take the LRT in Malaysia even when it's up and running? I think most Malaysians are still comfortable travelling in their own car. Not to mention, majority of the LRT stations are still not within walking distance and might not be safe to walk also. 

Pic small

Just my 2 cents: For MRT that really depends on their monthly pass.. and many factors affect them on taking the MRT; for Individual i believe so, but if you have a family of 6 members, driving in a car is still much cheaper comparing to taking MRT.

P  2c3e50 small

Those people who use LRT cannot afford to buy properties near LRT station. Those people who can afford to buy properties near LRT station, do not use LRT...

What a contradictory situation. 

Pic small

Take YouCity for Example... it would be the next OUG Parklane except there have MRT access and you can drill a hole between walls but to me the density is really really very high.... have phobia staying in high density area nowadays

P  2c3e50 small

where is YouCity location?

061  img 5963 small

Well, I guess it's not entirely bad with the existence of LRT, it does help improve the public transportation situation in our country. Yes, not all might be bothered taking the LRT, but somehow it does help a lot of people who doesn't like driving around and getting caught in traffic jams. 

As for investors, it's also a selling point for their property if they are renting out to students, middle income earners, in some case, expats too (like if their spouse can't drive and need to rely on public transportation to get around). 

P  2c3e50 small

Read in the newspaper, the LRT from Bandar Kinrara to Bandar Puteri Puchong will be operational in end Mar 2016. Never mentioned about the stretch from Kelana Jaya to Putra Heights??

Pic small

@ppnnkk2011 

You city located @ Cheras Batu 9 (they purposely built a bridge from their condo to the MRT station) 

P  2c3e50 small

It seems that is a new trend ... building a bridge (pedestrian walkway) to connect their development with LRT/MRT stations. Cheap but effective solution.

Pic small

with that bridge connecting the price rose up to more than 500 plus per sq ft in that area... which to me ... a bit ridiculous not to mentioned such high density..

P  2c3e50 small

U remember Reo, they are doing the same.

061  img 5963 small

Does anyone know when this whole LRT (for every station) will be ready, all up and running?

P  2c3e50 small

At one time they said Jun 2016.

061  img 5963 small

That's in 5 months time. Quite unlikely it will all be ready by then.

Pic small

MRT or LRT? 

LRT fault test started... they need to achieve 1500 hours without fail prior to going-live

P  2c3e50 small

1500 hrs is 62.5 days consecutively. I read somewhere, if there is something faulty they have to fix it and re-start the 1500 hrs again ... good luck!

061  img 5963 small

Oh well, but it all can start operating smoothly within this year, I think it's a good start :)

Pic small

Question to the floor: Would you be taking the MRT on first day of its operation to Office or business appointment (if happens that there is a station nearby your office or meeting venue)

Mtxx 20220221174543 mr1650848230340 small

first of all, you want to buy for investment or own stay? its good for investment cos the high demand of the property who nearby MRT/LRT/BRT,  but it will very noisy to stay if u finding a quiet living place...

L  27ae60 small

And the Fare is increased .... a lot...please check how much you need to pay for the fares...

I come to know yesterday from my niece...increased about 20 to 40% since last year..

P  2c3e50 small

So many new stations are coming up. Even if u are near a LRT station but if u have to travel very far, it doesn't make sense. The transportation cost will be high also. So it is important to find a property in a good/strategic location with easy access to LRT connection.

L  2c3e50 small

I agree too! I am living in Shah Alam, and currently the nearest KTM station is around 15min drive away from my house! Even if my house is near to public transport, when I want to go to the city centre, I need to transit at least one time which I think it makes no sense at all! Especially when the public transportation system is Malaysia is so "punctual"! LOL

Kate chew small

Because Malaysia is much bigger than Singapore, so it's not easy to have an LRT station every single corner close by each other. And in Singapore it is safe to walk even if it's 15 mins walk to the station. But at least the government is trying to provide better infrastructure even if it cannot be compared to Singapore. 

P  2c3e50 small

Yeah, I think the size shouldn't be used as a reason to be complacent. We are now talking about MRT/LRT/BRT in Klang Valley only and not the entire Selangor or Peninsular Malaysia.

Mtxx 20220221174543 mr1650848230340 small

Recent market demand told me that property who closed to these MRT/BRT/LRT is getting hot and hot cake. No matter for own stay or investment it is always a good choice to buy near LRT/MRT/BRT. A few new development even saying that their project is stone throw walking to MRT/LRT/MRT. 

P  2c3e50 small

Now people is complaining BRT in USJ7-Sunway under utilized due to high ticket price. Jeffrey Cheah said the fare should start from RM2,. slowly and gradually increase

Pic small

not only this.... property that is built on top of a shopping mall (with cinema and anchor tenant such as hyperrmarket) are also selling like hot cake nowadays...

Kate chew small

@imronaldsoo, that's because residences build on a shopping mall are popping up like mushrooms. And because there are so many land with commercial landtitle now, developers must at least build malls or shops in order to have some residences too. Smart move to make more $$$.

Pic small

@kate_chew ya agree... some commercial residential nowadays even comes with HDA 

J  d35400 small

I would say change of living style. Yongest prefer convenience so live close of mall would be in high demand

I agree with you @joblessmalaysia. Properties closer to shopping malls seems to be in high demand. Therefore, shopping malls are popping up like mushrooms. Almost every single neighbourhood has a shopping malls, some even a few.

L  27ae60 small

My observation is, those retail shops under serviced apartment/condos are not well received. :(

my 2 cents.

@propertyX, what do you mean? Meaning with the upcoming LRT it will not have any improvement from the current situation or the tenant of the retail shops might not be happy with the congestion due to the upcoming LRT?

Pic small

I read someone's comment that he use to drive to KL Sentral to work from Bandar Kinrara and it took him 20minutes to reach the office.

there was one day he tried the new LRT, end up have to perform transit in Sri Petaling Station, then from Sri Petaling transit again in Masjid Jamek before it reach KL Sentral and the whole journey took him 90minutes. 

I do not know whether there is a delay on the train service or not, but walking from one station to another for transiting is relatively tiring as well, by the time you reach office, you will be totally exhausted not to mentioned the time spend.

P  2c3e50 small

That's why u need to stay near a station which u don't need to change line and not too many stations away....

Latest, they said Kelana Jaya-Putrajaya line will open on 30Jun2016.  

Own dp small

Even with LRT extension or MRT Line 1/2/3, it doesn't help as I need a car to get to work and appointments with clients/customers. For sales person, marketing, IT, engineers, don't think it will help much. Can only ease those who are doing a office work practically. Not flaming it but that's the truth

Img 5409 small

It helps to migrate some of the crowd from the roads to LRT. Hopefully with lesser car on the road then will be lesser jam. May not benefits everyone directly, but it helps to improve the community. 

307988 277857705557864 1942731477 n small

XpropertyX Couldn't agree more...a lot of projects are selling at a "future price" which the future value of the property remains unforeseeable..ie...IOI Resort City...the development is a township development located at Putrajaya..with its well managed mall-IOI City mall...the township is still an infant...and the proposed MRT station is not within the township either....lol

W  c0392b small

Most of the new projects nowadays are extremely over price !

Img thing small

Do you think the traffic congestion will improve? I don't see any difference for now.

Ya but I agree, properties with nearby LRT stations have increased in price.

Img 5409 small

While MRT 1 official launch in Dec 2016, we will know the answer. If there is no delay :)

65648440 2406793556070448 9165628430648082432 o small

@admin_ps good sharing