Price
P  2c3e50 small

Properly maintained properties which is located in reasonably good location will normally double its price in every 10 years. Do you all agree?

SHARE THIS TOPIC

Img thing small

Hmmmm. I guess depends on where the location is, how well it's maintained and also if there's any funny 'history' or not :P If it's in a really 'ulu' place, abandoned and in a bad shape and everyone knows the story about a murder case that has happened in the house, I think probably not.

061  img 5963 small

Sometimes even triple! Depending on location.

Images small

I really think that theory depends on the location. KLCC confirm YES! Bukit Beruntung... I dunno you wait 50 years also got use or not.

P  2c3e50 small

A senior friend of mine who invested in many properties share this theory with me ... and I think it is quiet true. I'm saying average properties not those below par or problematic units ...

Img 0478 copy small

It depends on the location and type of properties. And most importantly the owner's holding power!

P  2c3e50 small

Yes, holding power is very important in property investment. A veteran told me as a property investor, he hardly sell any properties, he bought and accumulated many units. He can't think of which one to sell because all that he bought was a good buy. wow....

061  img 5963 small

@ppnnkk2011, we all certainly want to be like that veteran :)

P  2c3e50 small

Mag, start accumulating as young as possible...

Pic small

property that was purchased from year 2000 to 2003 double its price in 5 years

P  2c3e50 small

yeah that was exceptional period.... 2010-2013 also very rapid increase but 2014-2016 a correction period

Kate chew small

Not surprised. Especially when you buy in an area that is growing but not very congested yet. Property value will surely shoot up after a long time.

Pic small

but nowadays there are some investors that want to go in fast and exit less than 5 years... 

Kate chew small

Yes, for those flippers or those with less holding power who cannot wait, then they lose out.

P  2c3e50 small

Property investment is a long term investment.... and for those who are very patient

Pic small

agree agree.... but many have the perception it can make fast money based on the previous property price hike...

1607678577947 small

In Setapak area like most of the PV condos, it takes less than 10 years to double its price as this area is highly sought after by students, working adults and families.

P  2c3e50 small

Totally agree. Some areas will take shorter time to double their value and some will take longer time. On average 10 years is a good measure...

65648440 2406793556070448 9165628430648082432 o small

@ppnnkk2011 good sharing