P  2c3e50 small

Are they the same? 

SHARE THIS TOPIC

P  2c3e50 small

And another term Property Manager? Are they all the same??

P  2c3e50 small

I got the answer: JMB - before the strata title is issued. MC - after strata title is issued. Both having similar duties and responsibilities ie. ensure proper upkeep and maintenance of common properties and the entire property/development.

Pic small

before issuance of strata title the building can be either managed by the developer building management team or some of them outsource to building management companies... 

Pic small

What is JMB?

JMB is a corporate body, having a common seal comprising of the developer and/or their Developer representative and together with the purchasers to undertaken the Joint Management of the building and common property.

What are the duties of JMB?

The duties of JMB are as below:

a) Maintain the common property and keep it in good serviceable repair;
b) Determine an impose charges for maintenance of common property;
c) Insure the building;
d) Comply with notices and orders by local authorities;
e) Prepare and maintain a register of all purchasers;
f) Ensure that the Building Maintenance fund is audited and provide financial statement to purchasers;
g) Enforce House Rules;
h) Consists of 5 to 12 elected purchasers and developer;

What are the duties of developer?

Duty of Developer is to convene the first meeting of Joint Management body within 12 months from the date of VP;
Agenda for the 1st Meeting of JMB
a) Election of Office Bearers of the Committee (under JMB)
b) Confirm taking over of insurance effected by developer
c) Determine amount of maintenance fund
d) Determine rate of interest for late payment charges
e) Any other matters on maintenance and management of the building and common property.

Img 5409 small

@imronaldsoo Is there any salary for committee member or chairman?

J  7f8c8d small

@6011_3531_5354 there's no salary for jmb members but youll get some small amount of money for attending monthly meeting for certain condos

Img 5409 small

@jaret6127_prop then what is the actual job the resident committee need to do?

Signature 28 logo  custom  small

Compared to JMB for residential highrise... there is a new breed of JMB for Strata Titled commercial shoplots... minus the need for security fee, sinking fund, share facilities but still need to purchase joint insurance and submit annual accounts to Commisioner of Building Unit (COB.

Img 5409 small

@domng so complecated? then people without those experience cant volunteer to join?

Volunteer of not, that person must dedicated and trustworthy. It is easy once you know what is required from the authorities such as COB and how to keep every owner in the same PTD engaged and informed of any decision which may affect their property... well, there are management companies who rather you not now all these... so that they can manage for you, for a fee ofcourse.

Img 5409 small

@domng just become one of the committee and discover a lot of insight about current management issue.

@6011_3531_5354 

I was involved for awhile in a residential association. It is no fun having to deal with all sort of people from all walk of life.

Worst part is, there are some people who think the committee member actually make money out of the community funds, which is very appalling.

Img 5409 small

@domng resident pick the committee member, if they interest to audit how people work, then they should join in also.

@6011_3531_5354 

My personal experience... there are several types of owners: 1) Passive (buy and keep vacant for long term) 2) Active owners (buy and hope to rent out/sale) 3) Buy for own use. Committee members are usually from No 2 or No 3 only... No 1 is virtually unreachable or dormant owners. Just my own observation above. No offense or reference to any owners out there.

Pic small

@domng not surprising people is having the mind set, as there are cases that the jmb chairman run away with the monies in the past... it happens in one of my apartment that i own... quite some time back.... but yes, it is really a tough job that it really require full mental fitness to be on any chair in the JMB, as the people you will meet (not all but there are some) is much weirder than those RENs can meet in the market.

@imronaldsoo

I have heard from my friend... the Residence Association committee chairman for her neighborhood... apparently mishandled RM70k cash (almost 3 months worth of fee collection) of together with the Management company, which is unaccounted for in the accounts... Brought to court case.

S  e67e22 small

@ppnnkk2011 

Hi. JOIN MANAGEMENT BODY ( JMB) MB is a management body for house with strata title. JMB is a corporate body. JMB is set up on the 1st Annual General Meeting.  JMB members are Owner + Developer. JMB is like a local authority for the residency and enforce house rule. JMB will take care the maintenance and the common area for the residence. JMB Presidence and the JMB members can get allowance for their works to manage n care the building. 

MANAGEMENT COMMITTIEE  MC) is set up after the 45% owner had received strata title for their unit. At this time no more JMB. We called it MC . MC members only the owner n no more developer. Usually MC will set up after 2 years from the 1st  AGM ( JMB set up)

Owner which defaulted in paying Management Fund and Sinking Fund to JMB, dont have a right to vote in any AGM. They can attend , but cannot vote. 

If u have a reports on the misconduct of JMB at your residency. U can call : 

-COB Commisioner Of Building ( COB) at State or KPKT ( ministry of urban wwllbeing xxx)

- police for breach of trust, criminal offence 

Macc for curruption in contract given . 

Own dp small

@shuhaiza78 Truly agree with your statement.

C  16a085 small

I heard lately the strata title must be issued before the vacant possession of the property can be delivered, right?

12011309 905277346186282 4634876208678070344 n small

Henry Tan@henry

Yes.

@shuhaizamokhtar 

For existing properties without strata title issue before VP, what is the process of issuing the strata title?

C  16a085 small

@shuhaizamokhtar thanks for your clarification, with this the consumer's interest is better protected

S  e67e22 small

@domng  what i was informed during my discussion with COB , the property exist before the Strata Act,  the process will continue until the strata title delivered to owner. U can call the COB to ask the status of your strata title.

S  e67e22 small

@henry 

Yes. There are many benefit to get the strata title earlier. For example ; the proces to tranfer your property from your name to children as a  ( wasiat )or a gift is easy to do.  The owner also can sell the property to another buyer easily because have  own strata title. U can have a right as buyer/ owner under strata title which its not cover to buyer if dont have strata title. 

Without strata title delivered to u,  Its just like u buy a land but in the grant the land is not your name. 

@shuhaiza78 

And if the Strata Title is given after VP... we may need to fork a lot of fees for the MoT;  and usually this is not covered by the developer.

S  e67e22 small

Hi. Dominic. Sorry for late. 

Back to your question,  all the process to get the Strata Title is under DEVELOPER . Developer should appointed SURVEYOR to prepare the Plot Schedule. 

If you follow the enforcement of the Act, the developer will send a request to PTG to obtain the SiFUS Certificate .. after obtaining the SiFUS certificate from the developer, the developer will bring the approval to be filed to COB for Form 1 as 6 copy of the parcel schedule .. when filed, COB will issue a letter for EPDL application / sales permit ... after COB cop. start copy .. COB will be for PTG 1 copy, copy 1 copy, 3 copies developer and COB 1 copy.

Hope this information will get to every buyer. Buyer's right.. 

65648440 2406793556070448 9165628430648082432 o small

@ppnnkk2011 thank you for your great sharing