1 bring a dog home canine propsocial
Logo3 small

从小到大,您是不是想要家里有只狗狗跟您一起玩,父母却往往不允许?其实您并不孤单!因为有很多人都到了拥有自己的房子才能实现带宠物回家的梦想。

但是,照顾宠物是个严肃的责任,因为当您把它带进您的家,它和您周边的人的安全与健康责任,都将会落到主人的身上。

无论是领养还是购买宠物,在您付诸行动前,这里有几个指南可以帮助您了解第一次身为狗主,对于居家和邻里的义务。

宠物的早期训练

不让宠物在家里随地便溺,通常是训练最重要的一环。如果能够训练到宠物只在特定的地方大小便,将能更容易维护家中的卫生与整洁。试想,如果您的宠物能够在家里随便大小便,您可否知道它的尿液会损坏木地板?同时还让您的地毯染上尿迹并留下挥之不去的异味?而在另一方面,最适合宠物家居的地板应当是石地板、地砖或瓷砖、乙烯基(vinyl)地板、竹地板和软木地板。

如果您不确定要如何训练小狗,可以考虑报名相关的快速课程。爱护动物协会(SPCA) 其实有设立一个4小时的狗只照顾课程给首次做狗主的人士。即使是成年狗只也可以训练;比如 Puppycom 犬训学校( Puppycom Dog Training School)或 Knine 专业狗只服务 (Knine Professional Dog Services)就有提供成年狗只的训练。

身为狗主所背负的责任

除了负责喂养宠物、给予它们适当的运动和卫生保健之外。狗主对邻里也有相应责任。事实上,地方政府已经阐述了一系列狗主该负的责任,譬如:

- 确保经常清洗狗只产生的排泄物(如便溺)以及清洗的废水不会流进邻居家中。
- 保持家居清洁并确保不会有狗只的味道。
- 确保狗只不会随意乱吠。

除了这些以外,您还需要为您的狗只申请狗牌。在一些特定的市政区,这可能会是一个费力的过程。

申请狗牌须知

根据您在大马的居住地点,申请狗牌的条件将会有所不同,但大多数市区都坚持狗只在约三个月大时就必须接受狂犬病疫苗接种。有地住宅面积若在1000平方尺或以下,只允许容纳一至两只狗;而更大的住宅可能可以容纳到4只狗。

以下是各城市申请狗牌的更多重要资讯:

一、梳邦再也市议会

若您是梳邦再也市的居民,申请狗牌需要提供狗只已经接种犬瘟病(canine distemper)、犬细小病毒(parvovirus)和肝炎疫苗的证明。已进行绝育的狗,狗牌收费10令吉,若还没绝育,则收费20令吉。要注意的是,中高层住宅如公寓、组屋或店屋,技术上是不允许养狗和申请狗牌的。

二、八打灵再也市议会

若是八打灵再也的住户,中高层建筑的底层住户仍然可以申请狗牌。申请费用为15令吉,并要提供狗主、狗只和家居的照片。

三、吉隆坡市政厅

如果您居住在隆市区的组屋或公寓,您仍然可以养一只7公斤以下的小型狗。市政厅也列出可养小型犬种列表如迷您杜宾犬、博美犬和芝娃娃等等。

点击以上的各市议会网站了解更多。

被禁止及限制的犬种

一些犬种在大马是被禁止的(如秋田犬、美国斗牛犬和美国比特犬),相关犬种不旦无法申请狗牌,甚至是被禁止蓄养的。

若想要养一些被限制的犬种如英国牛头梗、罗威纳犬、斗牛獒,加纳利犬和德国狼犬等等,在特殊规定下是可以被允许的。

譬如,限制的品种首先需要接受一个名叫“狗狗好公民”(Canine Good Citizen)的培训课程,并确保您居家的围栏安全,以及在家居前后挂上清晰可见的“当心有犬”标志才可申请狗牌。

狗主对抓狗队的权利

地方政府通常会聘请私人抓狗队,以捕抓甚至人道毁灭在公共地方徘徊的无狗牌狗只。然而,抓狗队其实无权进入私人地方抓狗,市政府从未批准相关权力。即使您的狗没有狗牌,抓狗队也不被允许进入您的家抓狗。面对这状况,狗主顶多只是被罚款了事。

根据爱护动物协会(SPCA)主席写给当今大马(Malaysiakini)的信:“当抓狗队表示有权利抓走您的狗,我们建议狗主勇于质疑并挑战所谓的“权利”,同时索要对方负责人(如监工)的姓名和联络。” 此外,如果看见抓狗队乱抓狗,请立刻通知爱护动物协会。

带您的宠物一起“敦亲睦邻”

如果您的邻里环境是对狗不友善的,很多时候您的宠物都会被困在小空间内,无法在较大空间如居家附近的操场尽情活动,但您还是应该想办法让宠物更活跃些。

其中一个方法是牵着舒适的狗带在社区内遛狗,除了能让宠物适当地运动,还可以让它们熟悉周边环境和万一迷路时知道如何回家。或者,带宠物到对狗友善的地方和社区享受自由新鲜的空气。

或许您也可以考虑在宠物友善的社区找一个家,这样一来您和宠物都可以在那里享受生活。这里为您介绍一些即将推出的宠物友善房屋,它们有美拉瓦蒂的 Verge32赛城的 Areca Contempo Homes蒲种的 Aurora Residence 都是不错的选择。

现在您已经知道该期待些怎样的状况了,希望您跟宠物都能一起度过美好时光!

(Translated by: Gabriel Ngiam, 24th August 2016)

SHARE THIS TOPIC

P  2c3e50 small

Please be a responsible dog owner - do not create nuisance to others .... the noise, the dog shit etc!

Pic small

Actually i have different view about all pittbull and american bulldog. if you have been with them you should know that they are kids loving dog... and frankly speaking all dogs can be defensive when they are being attacked, this include german shepherd and rottweiler and many many other breed. 

Just  take a look at Cesar Millan's Daddy and Junior which is the leader of the pack and both of them are actually Pitt Bull Terrier. 

Pic small

Just my few cents to add on here:

There are also some other facts that owner must know: 

* before you buy or adopt any dog, you must understand and know the breed "this can be done by doing some research on the internet or buying some books" 

* each breed are different, there are low energy, medium energy as well as high energy dog... they would require different type of environment or even sporting activity to have their energy burned. (for instance, having a Siberian Husky in a 1000sf condominium is definitely a no no, having said that Siberian Husky is actually a high energy dog)

* type of food that is prohibited for your fur kids (grapes, chocolate, onion etc etc) 

* type of possible allergy that your dog might encounter (e.g. bulldog are prone to skin problem so you definitely cant prescribe any poultry products to them) 

* type of medicine to standby in the event of emergency etc (most of them would just fetch their fur kids to the vet, but what if it is odd hour and there is no vet around? never prescribe panadol to your dog if they are having fever or flu as this might kill them)

* first aid kit for pets 

* supplements and pet food 

* your dog shampoo and ticks / fleas solution 

* you would definitely need a proper hair dryer + comb for those fur kids that have long fur ... e.g. golden retriever (if you do not have the luxury of time and money to send your kids to grooming on a weekly basis)

Jonathan de ho half body small

For this, I strongly wanna advise all of you, make sure you are really into it, not just for fun. Thats why so many dog without owner out there. If possible adopt one instead. Those non dog lover please dont destroy their life. Think of it as they are your kids

Pic small

oh ya... just to top up... having a dog you would need to have at least 8 to 10 years commitment... 

also think about who can help take care of your dog in the event you are required to have a overseas business trip or overseas vacation... or even vacation....

sending your dog to the pet hotel is not a very good solution.... 

J  f1c40f small

I used the advance search for pet friendly place in Puchong and subang Usj. But upon further inquiries all the apts/condo said the do not allow pets. How la? 

Img thing small

Ronald, you must be a dog-lover :)

Jonathan, I have to agree with you too. Having a dog is a commitment, not a hobby where you give you attention only when you have free time. Sadly many people don't have the same understanding :(

Many of them, they like it they keep. They dont like it anymore, they leave it away. Whats the difference you throwing your kids away?

Img 5409 small

Yes, it is long term commitment to have dog/cat in home. An usually apartment/condo does not allow.

Own dp small

Yea agreed, normally high rise such as apartment, condominium, service suite, soho, sofos and etc don't allow pets. Even normal landed residence only allowed 2 pets if not mistaken.

Img thing small

Ya, actually I come across 2 most common types of dog owners. (1) Get a dog to 'jaga rumah' (2) Only BUY pure breed dogs instead of adopting (perhaps to show off?)

Img thing small

Speaking of which, I've just found out that a new ruling has been implemented that all condos allow pets (including dogs) now. Is this true?

really? U sure? I am happy to hear that if its true. 

65648440 2406793556070448 9165628430648082432 o small

@admin_ps good sharing