Good bad tenant propsocial
Logo3 small

挑选到对的租户可以帮您省下很多钱和不必要的麻烦。一些房主只要有人有意租下他们的房子,他们就直接租给他们,这行为具风险,因为不负责任的租户会使日后的房子管理和维修任务艰巨。因此,为了找到对的租户,房主必须事先筛选所有的申请人,刻不容缓。

寻找合适的租户谈何容易。这需要伴随丰富的经验才能办到,也要有能力注意到一些隐藏的细节,有时甚至需要靠直觉。所以这里我们为大家提供有用的提示,让您找到一个好租户。

一、吸引力法则

拥有一个被维护良好的房产将给予您更高的机会吸引到体面的租户。因此,通过为您的房子设定高标准,您将有更好的机会找到一个适合您的要求的租户。一个好的开始即是确保所有的灯具都能够操作,而且房子整洁干净。

二、与准租户会面时加以注意

当潜在租户第一次上门看房时,请务必注意他们到底是怎样的人、他们从事什么职业,以及任何其它重要的细节。例如,如果有一个家庭带着几个东奔西跑的孩子来看房,孩子们不断拉扯窗帘而家长却若无其事没有设法阻止他们的话,这是一个您理应感到谨慎的迹象,并应该再度仔细考虑这些是否是您所要的租户类型。

三、看出字里行间之意

在做任何决定前,最好是先询问清楚关于准租户的某些信息。如果他们告诉您他们在一年半载内租了四至五间房子,那您可要注意了。您脑海里应该开始质问为什么他们不停地在搬迁?他们是不是不付租金族?他们是不是被其他房主驱逐出来的?虽然我们不应该凭外表判断别人,但脑海里浮现这些问题是理应的,而且也不要害怕直接问他们。如果他们不愿意回答这些简单问题,这也可能表明你应该有所戒心。

四、与相关方面再度确认

另一个确认准租户真身分的方法就是联络他们的目前雇主,以确认他们的就业状况。虽然身份检查听起来没什么必要,但房主被骗的案件也不是奇闻。此外,您也可以选择与准租户之前的房东或房产中介确认其身份资料的真实性。

五、相信直觉

如果您真的对一个潜在租户感到不自在,那么就算了吧。对那些您觉得不合适的申请人您绝对要坚持自己的决定,因为找到对的租户比鲁莽做决定更重要。要切记的是,让房子丢空总好过引狼入室。

(Translated by: Yau Yin Wey, 4th November 2016)

SHARE THIS TOPIC

Img 5409 small

Agreed. Good tenant is very important to ensure your rental come in consistently and your unit is being take care properly. 

Img thing small

Yup totally agree. Especially the last part, "is better to have your property vacant than having a bad tenant". It's a lot of headache if you end up getting a bad tenant. Gives me the shivers.

Signature 28 logo  custom  small

At the end of the day. Paying rental on time is paramount. And when it is time to move on and change tenant, must not "burn bridges" with the tenant.

This is a small small world. Who knows you might need to deal with them again?

20150527 023646 1 small

Sometimes accepting slightly lower rent vs getting mkt rate if the tenant is good paymaster with references is good 

Not to mention those tenants who don't pay their utility bills on time.

Speaking of bills, if the utility services are applied under the name of the tenant, is it usual practice for owner to collect a utility deposit?

J  9b59b6 small

agree, thanks for sharing!

Kate chew small

I've learned that sometimes if you have the holding power, it's better to leave it empty rather than renting it out because at the end of the day you will have to spend more $$$ to renovate or refurbish after tenant leaves if you want to sell it after that. And I think there's a higher demand and value if you were to tell the next buyer that no one has lived there before. Brand new, first-hand.

Own dp small

Thanks for sharing such information. Something things can turn out to be bad even if we have filtered and choose the right tenant. We just won't know what will happened after a years contract and so.

Ithink it is important to add in a clause for owner to decide if he wants the tenant to return the unit in the original condition (think only applies to commercial property) if tenant decides to terminate the rental contract...

James bond craig junio2006 small

IMPOSSIBLE to get your unit back as per original. Once rented out, be prepared for the worse, if not also not as new as original. 

Img 5409 small

hard to get the tenants to recover the damage most of the time. 

James bond craig junio2006 small

Nic Ngoi, yup, that's why most owners take a couple of months of deposit. But some damage are so bad that even with that few months of deposit cannot recover :(  Yes! I have bad experiences renting out my units.

So the clause in the rental agreement is always not adhered by the tenants? I find this trend very absurd and a worrying.

Same case for tenants who conveniently use the "deposit" to offset last few months rental!

Img thing small

Are the clauses in the tenancy agreement in Malaysia same as other countries? Or is ours more at the losing end for owners?

@veron 

I believe at the end of the day... it is the law enforcement from the relevant government bodies which will have a more significant effect.

Whatever written in the tenancy agreement, without strong backing and enforcement, is just a mere piece of papers with your signature on it. Agree?

65648440 2406793556070448 9165628430648082432 o small

@admin_ps thanks for sharing