Guan yu by soysaurus1 d3hcjwq small

Hi guys, may I ask can an individual work as an agent such as listing, arrange viewings without a REN title? Since REN is only eligible to full timer agent who works under a agency firm. What are differences between broker and agency? Is freelance broker legal in Malaysia? Cheers

SHARE THIS TOPIC

Img 20201009 162306 small

@Greatlou 

can an individual work as an agent such as listing, arrange viewings without a REN title? Answer is no.

Agency is an institution and broker is a person. It's 2 different things altogether. 

The prescribed qualifications to be registered as a Real Estate Agent are; according to the list as stated in the website (www.lppeh.gov.my).

Having attained the qualification, the person must register himself as:

a Probationary Estate Agentundergo a two (2) year post practical training with a registered estate agent and maintain a work diary.Having fulfilled the above, he has to submit two practical tasks and to be interviewed by a Boards interview panel (called Test of Professional Competence). After passing the TPC, he/she shall then apply to register with the Board where an Authority to Practice Estate Agency called Form I will be issued. He is then called a registrant or registered person or a real estate agent (REA).

Broker is basically a unlicensed property agent and it is illegal in Malaysia. Pls read up here: http://propertyagent.gov.my/faqs/

Img 5409 small

but there is still many negotiator (non REN)

G  d35400 small

Gov will take action soon with those without REN tag .

335236 2685003014070 1056359546 o small

Please note that it is an offence to conduct the practice of Real Estate without proper registration with the Board of Valuers. Appraisers and Estate Agents. 

Kindly attend the NCC course provided by some Centres and join a registered agency. You can check the Board's website for details.

BE LEGALISED!

65648440 2406793556070448 9165628430648082432 o small

@Greatlou good sharing