Img 20180608 143334 small

I have been hearing people calling a sales person who is assisting them to dispose or lease their unit , an agent! 

SHARE THIS TOPIC

C  16a085 small

So ironic right? This is what happens when there is a lack of education and awareness on this topic in the public. 

Own dp small

To be frank. I really not too sure on who do we normally approach when we are leasing the property or does it specifies who's role is it?

Billing 123 small

The common term in the market now is Property agents, very rarely I see any homebuyers/owners address the person as Real Estate Negotiators unless they are expats. 

Img 6323 small

@sam123 ya exactly.

Abdulrashidpea small

Saya guna perunding hartanah.. senang nak pronounce..
tetapi ramai client saya melayu pun..

@JohnL Both are legal personnel to handle all sort of property transactions. Real estate negotiators are the one whom work under Real estate agents. Basically, before become a real estate agent,  he or she needs to have certain academic qualification to practice as probationary estate agent for 2 years. For Real Estate Negotiators, no any specific qualification except attending a 2 days certificate course. 

Signature 28 logo  custom  small

@chongfp 

Correct me if I have misinterpreted... Real Estate Agent is 1 level higher in rank than Real Estate Negotiators?

Actually, who is more experienced? 

@domng Practically , there are 3 levels. It begins from the lowest Real Estate Negotiator (REN) followed by Probationary Estate Agent (PEA) and to the highest Real Estate Agent (REA /E). A REA will be able to own a firm, permitted with 20 REN under him or her and all REA's and PEA's except REN are bound by the Valuers, Appraisers and Estate Agents Act. 

Signature 28 logo  custom  small

@chongfp 

Thanks for the explanation!

A  9b59b6 small

I just knew the differences. Thanks for the explanation. Good info.

S  e67e22 small

now i know the difference... thanks 

65648440 2406793556070448 9165628430648082432 o small

@chongfp thank you for sharing