Jmb
J  e74c3c small

Hi all, any experts here dealt with the JMC matter?

I would like to check on the following issues:

i) If a proprietor who owns two or more units, does that mean that during the AGM the amount of votes he is available is subject to the number of units he owns?

ii) If a proprietor who owns two or more units, but has only pay for the maintenance fees and sinking fund for one unit, is he still eligible to vote or to be elected? Or do he have to settled all the outstanding dues for all the units he owns in order to be entitle to vote or to be elected?

SHARE THIS TOPIC

Signature 28 logo  custom  small

May i know, under what circumstances that a JMB/JMC is required within a property community?

Fbe37552637081f7bced381c7c464f3b  illustration girl girl illustrations small

@John21 This is what i could find from the Strata Act on Q1.

Q1: Each person shall have one vote in respect for each parcel (when undi is by angkat tangan), while if by poll (bertulis), number of votes correspond with number of share units attached to the parcel. 

Q2: Personal opinion, looks ok to vote for one. In terms to attend AGM, any valid owner can attend even if she/he has outstanding fee except not entitled to vote or to be elected. Additional note, if the person wants to become JMB/MC, it shows his/her committment to have a better place to stay in. As such, why would the person owe the maintenance fee if they care about the condo? 

Will re-post a proper answer if manage to find. Hope that helps.

Fbe37552637081f7bced381c7c464f3b  illustration girl girl illustrations small

@John21 Yes. Its important to have a unselfish JMB/MC . They need to monitor the management office and ensure all safety and up-keeping work is done by the vendors such as cleaners and guard (if your place is self-managed, then all work is done by them). 

Management office has limitation and they will seek for JMB/MC for advice. As a high-rise resident, i would urge all residents to attend the AGM to really know where the money collected via maintenance and sinking funds goes etc. and do not just listen to audited report presentation. 

And yes, i agree, JMB/MC can make the place valuable by making necessary up-keeping work etc. 

65648440 2406793556070448 9165628430648082432 o small

@John21 thanks for sharing