Marking a new milestone achievement with Malaysia's first healthcare lifestyle mall, the term signing ceremony between DK-MY Properties Sdn Bhd & LifeCare Property (SS2) Sdn Bhd with signing parties (left) Danny Koek, Managing Director of DK-MY Properties Sdn Bhd; and (right) Dr. Ong Kee Liang, Managing Director of LifeCare Property (SS2) Sdn Bhd. Image from: DK-MY Properties Sdn Bhd

LifeCare Property (SS2) Sdn Bhd, a subsidiary of LifeCare Diagnostic Medical Centre, a private medical care operator, purchases SS2 Mall from DK-MY Properties Sdn Bhd to be revitalised into Malaysia’s first one-stop healthcare lifestyle mall.

The mall is built to provide everyone with professional and affordable medical solutions and will house more than a dozen specialties and first of its kind facilities in the country, such as a Urology and Nephrology Hospital.

A signing ceremony was held to officiate the term to purchase, chaired by Dr. Ong Kee Liang, Managing Director of LifeCare Diagnostic Medical Centre Sdn Bhd and Mr. Danny Koek, Managing Director of DK-MY Properties Sdn Bhd.

For the upcoming mall, refurbishment works are being carried out and its doors are scheduled to open by mid-2021. A 20-bedded Urology and Nephrology Hospital, operating theatres with the latest equipment, a rehabilitation and physiotherapy facility, an aged care facility and an advanced diagnostic imaging department are expected to house the fully operational LifeCare DK mall.

There are plans underway to engage vendors to occupy retail lots within the mall to sell consumers complementary goods and services, such as traditional Chinese medicine and chiropractic services.

Managing Director of LifeCare, Dr Ong Kee Liang said, “We are bringing the forefront of medicine into the local and global community. This mall is part of our healthcare mission to provide greater healthcare options and make the process of seeking medical treatment more accessible.”

The concept of the new mall is designed with the community as the utmost priority in mind. DK-MY Properties aims to introduce two residential blocks in conjunction with the launch of LifeCare DK Mall. DK-MY Properties will develop senior housing community models that offer Independent Living, Assisted Living and Memory Care to improve connections between generations and create a harmonious living environment.

“Being people orientated is our philosophy that we carry forward into our developments. Within DK-MY Properties Sdn Bhd, we practice a people-centered approach and implement this throughout the organisation. As such, we have applied this value into our existing and future developments as well”, said Danny Koek, Managing Director of DK Properties.

With support from the Ministry of Health, the LifeCare Diagnostic Medical Centre is dedicated to evolve and steer the health care facilities in Malaysia to be the destination for both local and foreign visitors seeking medical treatments

(9 October 2020)