The star epaper page 001
Pic small

Not sure how many still reads the newspaper, but I do want to share this piece of article which I read in the Star which is quite meaningful and makes total sense, as there are some who had already encounter the same situation in the past as topic had been revolving tenant and landlord, do spend some time to read this up to totally understand how to put safeguards in place or end up you are paying the price for being nice to your tenants. 

SHARE THIS TOPIC

Signature 28 logo  custom  small

A good read... quoted from the article: "once rented out, the tenant acquires a special kind of right to be on the premises"

How true is the above statement?

Billing 123 small

@domng just to add that may i know what entails in the "special kind of right" ? how does it protect the tenant benefits? 

@Sam... There has got to be some sort of "special rights" towards the property owner as well. Else it really depends on pure luck that the owner able to get good tenant...

Img 5409 small

usually how much it cost to evict the tenant?

C  16a085 small

Tenant will have exclusive possession of the property as precluded in the National Land Code. By so, it means that the owner is unable to enter the premise as he wish. He should obtain permission from the tenant even if the tenant has procrastinate the payment of rental. 

Cover profile small

conclusion: we must highlight the important  of "Tenancy Agreement" it stated clearly the house rent out without TA. 

Best is still to get a lawyer to peruse through the agreement and if possible sign as a witness to the agreement... that way we know the agreement is a proper one. Don't mind paying legal fees for peace of mind.

307988 277857705557864 1942731477 n small

It's true that getting a lawyer to prepare the tenancy agreement is the best way, but not many owners are reluctant to do so, and often only seek helps when shits happened. 

If I'm not mistaken, stamped TA the owner is subject to CKHT or something right? Just curious on the issue. Any idea? 

Img 5409 small

@domng what is the legal fee charge rate by lawyer?

307988 277857705557864 1942731477 n small

@nic...I work in the law firm...lol....legal fees is usually charge based on the value of the property...disbursements may varies from firms to firms....

@Lee. How about the legal fees for a Tenancy Agreement? I guess it is based and proportional to the monthly rental?

65648440 2406793556070448 9165628430648082432 o small

@imronaldsoo thanks for sharing